Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff George or Matt Schaub?

jshipp23

Schaub. At least he isn't one of the biggest busts.

Jeff George allll day! Still the best arm I have seen, and with a different environment and better coaching who knows what would have happened..

It was the Colts fault? Maybe if he wasn't a mook...

1. Jeff George's top 3 years...1994- 3,734 yards, 23 TD-18 INT----1995....4,143 yards, 24 TD-11 INT-----1997.....3,917 yards----29 TD-9 INT....Not too bad considering the league has changed and QB's throw more now...1997 for Oak when he threw for 3,917 yards with 29 TDs and only 9 INTs was actually statistically better than any year Schaub has had and George was on some bad teams.

So it's the Chargers fault that Leaf was a bust too?

Also I wouldn't call the 38th season in franchise history "the early days."

I'm talking there early days in Indy and the transition here, and I'm not saying he was great or lived up to the hype at all, but he did have 4 or 5 good years and if they were both rookies I'd still take George that is how highly I think of Matt Schaub..Akili Smith, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf never had 1 good year and were much bigger busts...George actually hung around for 13 NFL seasons as well, so you really can't say he was a complete bust..He was a bust here of course much like Donald Brown is today..

I'm talking there early days in Indy and the transition here, and I'm not saying he was great or lived up to the hype at all, but he did have 4 or 5 good years and if they were both rookies I'd still take George that is how highly I think of Matt Schaub..Akili Smith, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf never had 1 good year and were much bigger busts...George actually hung around for 13 NFL seasons as well, so you really can't say he was a complete bust..He was a bust here of course much like Donald Brown is today..

So 4 decent years out of 13 year career makes you better than a guy who has had 4 decent years out of 6 as a starter how exactly?

Matt Schaub isn't the greatest QB, but George isn't better than him. George may have had a better arm, but it doesn't equate to a better QB.

So 4 decent years out of 13 year career makes you better than a guy who has had 4 decent years out of 6 as a starter how exactly?

Matt Schaub isn't the greatest QB, but George isn't better than him. George may have had a better arm, but it doesn't equate to a better QB.

Career stats JEFF GEORGE-27,602 YARDS, 154 TD-113 INT....MATT SCHAUB-21,944 YARDS, 120 TD-70 INT...Pretty close if you ask me, and the point is if you took either as a rookie now and had the coaches and team in place...George sucked here I fully admit, but we were a trainwreck as a franchise back then. We had a few decent seasons with Tobin as the GM, but it really didn't turn around till we brought Polian in and drafted Peyton. I think a lot of great talents get wasted when they end up in bad poorly run franchises. That is almost just as important as talent.

Career stats JEFF GEORGE-27,602 YARDS, 154 TD-113 INT....MATT SCHAUB-21,944 YARDS, 120 TD-70 INT...Pretty close if you ask me, and the point is if you took either as a rookie now and had the coaches and team in place...George sucked here I fully admit, but we were a trainwreck as a franchise back then. We had a few decent seasons with Tobin as the GM, but it really didn't turn around till we brought Polian in and drafted Peyton. I think a lot of great talents get wasted when they end up in bad poorly run franchises. That is almost just as important as talent.

It turned around when Jim stopped being the GM. The 1994 season. Which was the season the George Project ended.

But I truly have no leg in this race. So I am just not interested in arguing Schaub v. George.

If you HAD to pick 1 as a ROOKIE to start you franchise with who would it be???

Based on flat out talent......Jeff George all day. Unfortunately, Jeff was a bonehead and his own worst enemy. He was way too arrogant coming out of college. Didn't help that the Colts were a mess of a franchise at that point anyway.

He never completely rebounded from his early years. He was more than a serviceable backup and a decent starter later in his career.

So........I'd probably go with Schaub.

Man Josh, you aren't going to let up on this Donald Brown thing, eh.

Man Josh, you aren't going to let up on this Donald Brown thing, eh.

He just missed so many holes last year I'm still not over it...Sure the line was bad, but I saw him miss plenty of holes and run right into plugged gaps instead, ala Mark Sanchez butt fumble territory...

If Matt Schaub was our QB we would lose every home game. :)

Please do not drink, or do drugs and post.      You do yourself no favors posting like this....

Leave this kind of comments for JShipp to make....   he'll be happy to...   then he'll be happy to defend it....

You're much better than this.....

Please do not drink, or do drugs and post.      You do yourself no favors posting like this....

Leave this kind of comments for JShipp to make....   he'll be happy to...   then he'll be happy to defend it....

You're much better than this.....

Just a friendly jab for qwizboy at the fact that Schaub has never won in Indy in his career. Just a joke. :)

I'd take Schaub.....    all day, every day....     this is not even a hard decision to make.

George,  million dollar arm.    10 cent head.

Schaub is a talented QB.    He may not be great.   He gets hurt way too often.   But he's a quality NFL quarterback.

George isn't.    And comparing George's career number with Schaub, who still has many more years to go is as silly as it gets....

But then again.................

Just a friendly jab for qwizboy at the fact that Schaub has never won in Indy in his career. Just a joke. :)

Fair enough!      Sorry to over-react.     I thought you were being serious.

My mind goes sideways when I see Shipp's mega-silly posts....   Sorry.....

I'd take Schaub.....    all day, every day....     this is not even a hard decision to make.

George,  million dollar arm.    10 cent head.

Schaub is a talented QB.    He may not be great.   He gets hurt way too often.   But he's a quality NFL quarterback.

George isn't.    And comparing George's career number with Schaub, who still has many more years to go is as silly as it gets....

But then again.................

lmao....

How do I ignore this jshipp guy's posts? I looked on his profile and there is no ignore button.

I forgot more about football than you will ever know...I put some stuff on here just to hear the Madden video game football experts like you cry and act like you actually know something..Some stuff is serious some is strictly entertainment....You should put up a thread or provide some insight so we can see your expert football acumen. If a thread doesn't interest me I don't bother to go on it....You should try that.

I forgot more about football than you will ever know...I put some stuff on here just to hear the Madden video game football experts like you cry and act like you actually know something..Some stuff is serious some is strictly entertainment....You should put up a thread or provide some insight so we can see your expert football acumen. If a thread doesn't interest me I don't bother to go on it....You should try that.

you should start a poll on how many posters here think your football acuman is laughable at best

you should start a poll on how many posters here think your football acuman is laughable at best

lmao...If you can't tell when I'm serious or not that's your fault...I'm 10 steps ahead of you jvan...If you don't get the fact that I put up stuff that is gonna get a backlash and then defend it for my entertainment than I'm sorry your so oblivious..When I'm serious about something I'm serious..Sometimes I want to debate to just debate and I put up a thread and debate it knowing the numbers won't be in my favor...I don't simply just go yeah nice post or good point or say something no one cares about...The only reason I even recognize you is you try to insult me which goes to your intellect, if not for that I wouldn't remember a single point or thing you had to say....Now some people actually do have football knowledge and I respect their points and actually learn or see things in a different light even if I don't agree...Just keep reading and hiding in the shadows behind your avatar unless you have something of substance to say...

lmao...If you can't tell when I'm serious or not that's your fault...I'm 10 steps ahead of you jvan...If you don't get the fact that I put up stuff that is gonna get a backlash and then defend it for my entertainment than I'm sorry your so oblivious..When I'm serious about something I'm serious..Sometimes I want to debate to just debate and I put up a thread and debate it knowing the numbers won't be in my favor...I don't simply just go yeah nice post or good point or say something no one cares about...The only reason I even recognize you is you try to insult me which goes to your intellect, if not for that I wouldn't remember a single point or thing you had to say....Now some people actually do have football knowledge and I respect their points and actually learn or see things in a different light even if I don't agree...Just keep reading and hiding in the shadows behind your avatar unless you have something of substance to say...

so, youre not going to start the poll then?

so, youre not going to start the poll then?

So let me guess...You want to draft a cb or guard no matter what, Grigson is a genius even though Luck willed us to win half the games by himself , we could have easily been 5-11, Pagano is Lombardi even though he hasn't coached us yet, and Donald Brown is such a weapon....Their are sheep and there are wolves, and the sheep can entertain the wolves when they're bored..Thanks for the entertainment..