Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leveon Bell describes Colts as

IndyColtScout

"VERY INTERESTED in his services."

Don't shoot the messenger.

The way I look at it, the FO looks at our offense & feels we need to balance out with a running game. The one key lacking in our running game is a power back. Carter has issues and is from another regime. Adding a little power to our offense is going to help bring some consistency to the offensive line as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at Lacy too.

There is no link. He was on a radio interview this morning and surprisingly spilled the beans on the teams looking at him. Trust me I know we don't know each other, but I'm telling you the truth.

I'll take your word for it.

I'd rather take my chances with a different back. The guy is pretty one dimensional, not the best pass catcher, and mediocre in pass protection. However, he IS the type of RB that can get you those needed short yard conversions. But also, the NFL isn't too friendly to oversized running backs. Sounds funny to say that he is TOO BIG, but the shelf life for a BIG NFL running back is fairly short. Look how fast Brandon Jacobs fell...

The way I look at it, the FO looks at our offense & feels we need to balance out with a running game. The one key lacking in our running game is a power back. Carter has issues and is from another regime. Adding a little power to our offense is going to help bring some consistency to the offensive line as well.

Jw what problem do think carter has? If it's fumbling him and Ballard have fumbled the same amount of times I no alot of people think he has trouble holding on to the ball. I was Jw

Carter- fumbling yeah. I actually like him & feel like Big Joe kinda put a jinx on him. Delone was playing really well until his rookie year interview when Big Joe brought up ball security. When it comes to his stats vs Ballard, I'm not sure but I'm willing to bet Vick has a lot more touches. Vick is a better playmaker too.

Jw what problem do think carter has? If it's fumbling him and Ballard have fumbled the same amount of times I no alot of people think he has trouble holding on to the ball. I was Jw

Carter never fumbled at Syracuse.  Now he is a fumbler...

I still think his hand injury had something to do with a couple of fumbles.  Fan favorite Dallas Clark never overcame his hand injury here (glad he did well at TB)

Carter is 238.  Whether we get a running back or not (I prefer not) this kid needs to get a chance to get his confidence back.  I love Ballard....am OK with DB, but Carter needs to prove himself in camp.  It is NOW up to him.  I believe Pags will play you...if you are ready to strap em on!!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!

Yeah I agree with you I like carter like vic better I think carter still stays they seem to use him mostly near goal line last year I that's why I think he stays I don't really know about college players dont get chance to watch so dunno about them

Thanks for the link...love his size.  :)

I am in the camp of not drafting RB in first round, but I would be shocked if Denver and St Louis do not grab Bell and Lacy......

I have felt this way since Stephen Jackson was not signed...just my opinion...

I'd be cool with Bell. I'd rather have Lacy, but if we could get Rhodes or Hunter at 24, I'm open to drafting Bell or maybe Ball.

Ball is a good blocker for passing, Bell isnt, Ball though has tons of miles  / caries on his legs

Thanks for the link...love his size.   :)

I am in the camp of not drafting RB in first round, but I would be shocked if Denver and St Louis do not grab Bell and Lacy......

I have felt this way since Stephen Jackson was not signed...just my opinion...

Ball is a good blocker for passing, Bell isnt, Ball though has tons of miles  / caries on his legs

Bronos though have been looking at Bell / Micahel  few other big back names, Ball woul;d be best fit besides lacy

------------------------------

However, Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell, a 230-pounder who led the Big Ten in rushing as a junior this past season, is high on the Broncos' list. The Broncos are one of several teams to have had a private workout with Bell in recent weeks.

Texas A&M's Christine Michael, a 220-pounder with a 43-inch vertical leap to go with a 4.54 40-yard dash, has also gotten a long look from the Broncos. Michael has had some injury troubles — fractured leg in 2010, torn ACL in '11 — and some teams question his maturity given he overslept on a meeting or two at the combine, was ejected from a game for throwing a punch and benched at times in his career.

He started just two games in '12.

All in all, more backs are on the way with the Broncos still sifting through their options. But status quo isn't one of them.

Read more:Broncos not intending to stand pat at running back this offseason - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22950489/broncos-not-intending-stand-pat-at-running-back#ixzz2QA7Kwkjx

Not sure Bell last to far into the 2nd, but if the Colts traded down & picked Bell as well as getting an extra pick, I wouldn't be upset. I'm not big on picking him at 24, but it wouldn't ruin my year.

It would definitely ruin my week

Bronos though have been looking at Bell / Micahel  few other big back names, Ball woul;d be best fit besides lacy

------------------------------

However, Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell, a 230-pounder who led the Big Ten in rushing as a junior this past season, is high on the Broncos' list. The Broncos are one of several teams to have had a private workout with Bell in recent weeks.

Texas A&M's Christine Michael, a 220-pounder with a 43-inch vertical leap to go with a 4.54 40-yard dash, has also gotten a long look from the Broncos. Michael has had some injury troubles — fractured leg in 2010, torn ACL in '11 — and some teams question his maturity given he overslept on a meeting or two at the combine, was ejected from a game for throwing a punch and benched at times in his career.

He started just two games in '12.

All in all, more backs are on the way with the Broncos still sifting through their options. But status quo isn't one of them.

Read more:Broncos not intending to stand pat at running back this offseason - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22950489/broncos-not-intending-stand-pat-at-running-back#ixzz2QA7Kwkjx

I think Lacy or Bell to Broncs....thats my story and I'm stickin to it!!  :)  Definitely Bell over ball.....as you say above...lots of carries on those tires. :thmup:

I think Lacy or Bell to Broncs....thats my story and I'm stickin to it!!   :)  Definitely Bell over ball.....as you say above...lots of carries on those tires. :thmup:

This aint NFL general but Colts,  Sorry All

if Lacy there Broncos will have to choose him or a DE, fax machine , Gummed up the draft priotiies ( maybe gum got in the machine  LOL )

Really a shame for them having to replace a set position of Value when others were needed, besides that was a f gpood free agency periopd

I will be away , here on & off through sunday, already was at Med coinferance at 630 am today and noow going back, BYE

Shoot the messenger??  why would anyone want to do that? He's Excatly what the team needs!!  I would LOVE that signing!!

EXCELLENT ROTATION!!!!

I don't care who we pick up at RB....all I ask for is a guy that runs with anger and purpose like AP, Lynch, and Alfred Morris. I don't care about the 40 or vert....does he shake off initial contact and want to hurt people? If so, yes please. 

Le'Veon Bell is definitely a power running back, but he's no game breaker.  He's more of a big workhorse.  After watching the YouTube highlight reels and game tapes of of the top ten RBs in this year's draft, my favorite is Chistine Michael.  Not only does he have the quickness and sudden change of direction to make defenders miss, he's also strong enough to run through arm tackles.  Once he gets past the line of scrimmage, he has breakaway speed to take it to the house.  The way he runs reminds me a lot of MJD, but a few inches taller.  In the highlights link below, watch how many times he outruns the safeties.  Also note his kick return at around the 4:45 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU

Carter never fumbled at Syracuse.  Now he is a fumbler...

I still think his hand injury had something to do with a couple of fumbles.  Fan favorite Dallas Clark never overcame his hand injury here (glad he did well at TB)

Carter is 238.  Whether we get a running back or not (I prefer not) this kid needs to get a chance to get his confidence back.  I love Ballard....am OK with DB, but Carter needs to prove himself in camp.  It is NOW up to him.  I believe Pags will play you...if you are ready to strap em on!!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!

Carter only fumbled like what 3 times? Same as Ballard if memory serves me. Carters are just viewed negatively because our O recovered zero of them if memory serves as well.

Carter only fumbled like what 3 times? Same as Ballard if memory serves me. Carters are just viewed negatively because our O recovered zero of them if memory serves as well.

Correct, and I love him.  My...after fumbler in the first sentence meant...HE NEVER fumbled until as you state 3 times.   :thmup:  He has gotten a TERRIBLY bad rap.

I know he was one bad Jose at Syracuse, and at 238 with a good OL......he is one of really 4 reasons I do not want to draft a back....Ballard, Brown, Carter, and FB Havilli.  If we do draft one....late in the game.

Once again this is my opinion, but give these backs a hole....a couple of these boys will run through it...or over you with a full head of steam. :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!

Combined touches rushing & receiving

Carter- 139 career touches, 4 fumbles

Ballard- 228 career touches, 3 fumbles

Ballard has less fumbles on more touches, & Carter had the benefit of an extra year of experience & training camp in the NFL. According to the numbers, Carter fumbles more than double the rate Ballard does.

End of debate.

Combined touches rushing & receiving

Carter- 139 career touches, 4 fumbles

Ballard- 228 career touches, 3 fumbles

Ballard has less fumbles on more touches, & Carter had the benefit of an extra year of experience & training camp in the NFL. According to the numbers, Carter fumbles more than double the rate Ballard does.

End of debate.

Not sure anyone was debating, but thank you for your infinite wisdom :)....made a point that Carter needed to show up ready to play..... and never fumbled at Syracuse.  I love Ballard...enough said.

Correct, and I love him.  My...after fumbler in the first sentence meant...HE NEVER fumbled until as you state 3 times.   :thmup:  He has gotten a TERRIBLY bad rap.

I know he was one bad Jose at Syracuse, and at 238 with a good OL......he is one of really 4 reasons I do not want to draft a back....Ballard, Brown, Carter, and FB Havilli.  If we do draft one....late in the game.

Once again this is my opinion, but give these backs a hole....a couple of these boys will run through it...or over you with a full head of steam. :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!

This times a thousand. Heck I remember in 2011 when Brown was running behind a barely if even average FB he looked like a stud.

This times a thousand. Heck I remember in 2011 when Brown was runni8ng behind a barely if even average FB he looked like a stud.

Thanks Kenny....I knew we were not debating :)  I must admit I prefer Ballard over DB, we are not hurting for backs... :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!  I still have visions of Luck's first pass (flip?  :yahoo: ) to DB/catch and run.....dancing in my head :)