Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is already elite! Put any of the so called elite QB's on the Colts behind that horrendous O-Line, and ask yourself could they go 11-5?

jshipp23

When you're running that spread offense, you're basically turning your quarterback into a running back, which increases the injury threshold about ten fold. A bad offensive line like Luck had, will cause scrambling ala Tarkenton and Big Ben, but is not optimal either. Nothing is better than a nice, safe pocket to protect your biggest investment.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the cap will go up, because something has to give with these quarterback salaries. They are taking up far too much of the cap.

Someone on SiriusXM NFL channel suggested that QB's should be exempt from the salary cap. There will come a day when teams with the best QB's will have a hard time fielding a decent team around them. In effect, teams with average QB's will have an advantage over teams with elite QB's.

Nice list. I think there is a quibble here and there, but only one really jumps out at me.....

Vick. I think he's now in group 6. I think he used to be in 4 or 5.... but not anymore. I think he's in 6 until he earns his way back..... Otherwise.... really nice job....

Fair point. Vick hasn't been all that good the past two seasons.

I actually had nine groups. Just didn't feel like elaborating on the rest, as they aren't pertinent to the elite conversation. Group six is limited vets, seven is limited young guys, group eight is washed up vets, nine is backups and so on. I could see Vick being in group six.

I gotta give you credit Ol Blue....   you're not afraid to voice your opinion....    even if it's incredibly unpopular.    So props to you.

I admire people who are willing to say what they want in the face of overwhelming opposition.   

But I think you're relatively new...   and when more Colts' fans find out that you're not a fan of Luck,  I think you'll get a lot of blow-back.

For what little it's worth....   I saw every game Luck played in college.   Every game.   I saw ever play he made in the NFL.   Every play.    I think your evaluation of Luck is light years from reality.   Light years.   Bu that's what makes the world go around....   a difference of opinion...

Good luck with yours here....   you're going to need it....

I am a tough old bird and I am willing to proven wrong and I hope that is what happens but I doubt it...... :dancing:

I like RG3, Wilson, and Luck. They are all good, young quarterbacks. I think the problem is going to be is when you are paying a quarterback 20 million a year, are you going to run this spread offense and see RG3 crushed by Haioti Ngata, then blowing up his knee ? Same goes for Wilson and Kap. I would prefer a pocket quarterback like Luck, mainly because there is a reduced chance of injury, when you have so much of your salary cap tied up. We've seen other scramblers, McNabb, Cunningham, Doug Williams , and others, eventually turn into pocket quarterbacks as they got older. The spread offense is just too risky, so you have to see how Wilson and RG3 adapt to the pocket.

They will adapt and they will do well...... :dancing:

Someone on SiriusXM NFL channel suggested that QB's should be exempt from the salary cap. There will come a day when teams with the best QB's will have a hard time fielding a decent team around them. In effect, teams with average QB's will have an advantage over teams with elite QB's.

Now what possible sense would it make for the NFL to allow average QBs to have an advantage over elite QBs? What kind of business model would that be? Geesh....... :dancing:

Ok pal you can have your opinion that's fair but luck had 1 of the worst lines in the NFL and RG and Wilson both have great run games and Wilson had a top D I'm not gonna bash you cause of your opinion that's your right but there is a reason luck was the highest rated QB out of college and was picked #1

There it is, the enevitable "but" followed by a string of excuses for Luck. JeMarkus Russell was also the highest rated QB out of college and picked number one. I think David Carr was also that as are about a dozen bust QBs. Luck was the most overhyped player to ever come into the NFL. But you keep making excuses for him, that is all a Luck apologist can do because of his horrible stats...... :dancing:

There it is, the enevitable "but" followed by a string of excuses for Luck. JeMarkus Russell was also the highest rated QB out of college and picked number one. I think David Carr was also that as are about a dozen bust QBs. Luck was the most overhyped player to ever come into the NFL. But you keep making excuses for him, that is all a Luck apologist can do because of his horrible stats...... :dancing:

haha ok I'm sure once he starts doin good then you jump right on with the colts then won't you luck broke the rookie record for yards with a horrible line and was runner up for ROY with a team of rookies and nobodies your just crazy and if your such a RG3 homer go cheer for him instead of bashing our QB who is already considered a top 10 QB in his 2nd year haha just dream on about luck being terrible your boy RG will be lucky if he even has a normal career with his knee

I think the only GM who says they would have took Bob Griffin over Luck gets paid by Daniel "Franchise Wrecker" Snyder. 31 of 32 Gm's would still take Luck now...It is what it is just admit it. Luckily you guys drafted Cousins cause he will be your QB long-term and I think Shanahan realized this...He is pretty decent, maybe a Matt "Can't get right" Schaub type...Better than Grossman I guess :)

Btw are you even a colts fan just curious if so I'm sure you loved the jump to the playoffs in Luck's first year? Wat 2-14 to 11-5 yeah he is such a horrible QB and I'm going to just bash him for no reason he had a better record then RG and the same as Wilson

Horrible stats?

He has one important stat......    11-5.

You want another?    7-0 in come from behind wins.

Your view is colored by the comment you wrote.....   that Luck is the most over-hyped QB to ever come out of college....  

I don't know why you think that?    It's complete and utter nonsense of course.   More over-hyped than Brian Bosworth?  Than Vinnie Testaverde?

You think RG3 and Wilson are better?    You know why?   Because they had better teams around them.   Not because they are better players.

You described yourself as a 'tough old bird'....    Well...   it's hunting season around here when you make these kind of posts....

Good luck....   you're going to need it!!     :thmup:

Now what possible sense would it make for the NFL to allow average QBs to have an advantage over elite QBs? What kind of business model would that be? Geesh....... :dancing:

You obviously havn't  thought it through. You're a fan afterall. Your dancing * is getting old. It doesn't make you smarter.

Horrible stats?

Your view is colored by the comment you wrote.....   that Luck is the most over-hyped QB to ever come out of college....  

I don't know why you think that?    It's complete and utter nonsense of course.   More over-hyped than Brian Bosworth?  Than Vinnie Testaverde?

You think RG3 and Wilson are better?    You know why?   Because they had better teams around them.   Not because they are better players.

You described yourself as a 'tough old bird'....    Well...   it's hunting season around here when you make these kind of posts....

You're my rottweiler. I love it. I'm too old for this poop.

Horrible stats? Guess his 54% pass percentage & 18 picks leaves something to be desired...

I'll take the over 4000passing yards & the rookie passing record any day. Plus Andrew is a pretty easy guy to root for, seems humble and his team mates seem to respect the heck out of him...

I always remember the clip of Redding saying "I'm glad he's on my team" during the Greenbay comeback...

Luck just seems to will the team to unlikely wins, did you watch the Detroit game?

Anyways until Luck is on the super size me diet & gets loopy on the purple drank comparing him to Russell is just silliness....

Luck's "horrible" stats are on par or slightly better than Peyton Manning's rookie stats. So by your logic Peyton Manning is awful too we can only be so lucky if Andrew Luck goes on to be as "awful" as Peyton Manning was.

You can have whatever opinion you like but not whatever facts you like and the fact is when you look at Luck's numbers he had a top five rookie season for a rookie QB all-time. So you can keep trying to tear down Andrew Luck at any chance you get but the facts do not support your opinion so far which means people are going to value your opinion less and less and thus eventually just stop listening to you.

GoColts8818 quote: "and thus eventually just stop listening to you."

I already did!!!!! I started skipping his posts a couple pages back on page 5 when he posted this "Anyone who thinks Luck is far better than Luck and Wilson is truly delusional. Just look at the darn stats. He isn't close to either one of them.....  Neither the Redskins nor the Seahawks would trade their QBs for Andrew Luck and his horrible QB rating. His use of the dancing blue guys at the end of his delusional points is like a "Bazinga I'm right" is just obnoxious and just mental!!!!!

Just showed he doesn't know anything and not worth reading anymore.....

He needs to go back on his meds!!!!!        

Go Colts!!!!!   

GoColts8818 quote: "and thus eventually just stop listening to you."

I already did!!!!! I started skipping his posts a couple pages back on page 5 when he posted this "Anyone who thinks Luck is far better than Luck and Wilson is truly delusional. Just look at the darn stats. He isn't close to either one of them..... Neither the Redskins nor the Seahawks would trade their QBs for Andrew Luck and his horrible QB rating. His use of the dancing blue guys at the end of his delusional points is like a "Bazinga I'm right" is just obnoxious and just mental!!!!!

Just showed he doesn't know anything and not worth reading anymore.....

He needs to go back on his meds!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

haha I agree I'm the guy that started his crazy rant it's just so funny the things he says

You do realize that you are absolutely 100% ridiculous right? You cherry pick your "stats" about luck to be only the bad ones, Then you hypocrite yourself to the hypocrite hall of fame when you pull this "but" line out, because if anyone says Luck did this or Luck did that your whole argument is "But he sucked in these categories"

It is 110% obvious your just trolling, Why not quit while you're ahead?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:....just say no to  :dancing:  ........the National Weather service has issued a Troll alert in the following forums..... :coltslogo:  

If a  :atroll: is located in a thread...... :troll: !!!!  Trolls love  :cake:  :pie:, and do not ever read the  :rulez:  !!!!

Again...this has been a Troll alert!

You do realize that you are absolutely 100% ridiculous right? You cherry pick your "stats" about luck to be only the bad ones, Then you hypocrite yourself to the hypocrite hall of fame when you pull this "but" line out, because if anyone says Luck did this or Luck did that your whole argument is "But he sucked in these categories"

It is 110% obvious your just trolling, Why not quit while you're ahead?

First it is not ridiculous and I don't cherry pick his "stats", they are all bad except for the one that he ranked highly in comebacks. People make more excuses for Luck than any player I have ever followed. I am no troll, I just have not bought into the overhyping of Andrew Luck. But I am watching and I will give him a chance to prove me wrong and I will say so. There are a few people here who scream "troll" everytime they disagree with someone. Now lets look at those stats you say I cherry picked. He was 26th in QB rating among the starting QBs. That is terrible and some QBs ranked ahead of him are being replaced. His completion percentage is awful and needs to be 10% higher to be the kind of QB most of you think that he is. 10% in completions is a big number. He had 18 interceptions and 10 fumbles. That is terrible too but that is something you would expect in a young QB? How is using those stats cherry picking? As a famous coach once said (paraphrased) "If you want to crown his a$$ then crown him but he is who I think he is."  :dancing:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:....just say no to  :dancing:  ........the National Weather service has issued a Troll alert in the following forums..... :coltslogo:  

If a  :atroll: is located in a thread...... :troll: !!!!  Trolls love  :cake:  :pie:, and do not ever read the  :rulez:  !!!!

Again...this has been a Troll alert!

There is certainly a troll here but it isn't me. It is the person who can't make a cogent argument and has to resort to name calling..... :dancing:

There is certainly a troll here but it isn't me. It is the person who can't make a cogent argument and has to resort to name calling..... :dancing:

There are some name callers on here these days....just posted a Danica article in NASCAR ya might like!  Nice write up. :)

Luck's "horrible" stats are on par or slightly better than Peyton Manning's rookie stats. So by your logic Peyton Manning is awful too we can only be so lucky if Andrew Luck goes on to be as "awful" as Peyton Manning was.

You can have whatever opinion you like but not whatever facts you like and the fact is when you look at Luck's numbers he had a top five rookie season for a rookie QB all-time. So you can keep trying to tear down Andrew Luck at any chance you get but the facts do not support your opinion so far which means people are going to value your opinion less and less and thus eventually just stop listening to you.

I agree with you about Manning's rookie stats but Luck wasn't close to a top five rookie QB season of all time. He barely made being in the top five last year. He was certainly way behind RGIII and Wilson. Tannehill was not that far behind him if he was behind him. Overhype is overhype and putting him in the top five is absurd.... :dancing:

There are some name callers on here these days....just posted a Danica article in NASCAR ya might like!  Nice write up. :)

I'll check it out. She certainly drove well on a difficult track Sunday. It was fun to watch her. She is going to win races in NASCAR.  :dancing:

Horrible stats? Guess his 54% pass percentage & 18 picks leaves something to be desired...

I'll take the over 4000passing yards & the rookie passing record any day. Plus Andrew is a pretty easy guy to root for, seems humble and his team mates seem to respect the heck out of him...

I always remember the clip of Redding saying "I'm glad he's on my team" during the Greenbay comeback...

Luck just seems to will the team to unlikely wins, did you watch the Detroit game?

Anyways until Luck is on the super size me diet & gets loopy on the purple drank comparing him to Russell is just silliness....

The only comparison is that they were both way overhyped coming into the league, both picked number one. This jury of one is still out on Luck. If you chuck the ball as much as he did last year, you should get that many yards. It took a lot of passes to get there. I just want to see him overthrow a long route so the receiver can run to it instead of throwing short and having the ball hang up to be intercepted once in a while. Yes, I watched the Detroit game and I also watched the Chicago game.... :dancing:

Horrible stats?

But, but, but....... Washington had been an awful team for years. Seattle is developing a good team but they were very bad until they got their new coach..... I hope when Luck thuds to somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 that you remember that stat about wins.... :dancing:

I think the only GM who says they would have took Bob Griffin over Luck gets paid by Daniel "Franchise Wrecker" Snyder. 31 of 32 Gm's would still take Luck now...It is what it is just admit it. Luckily you guys drafted Cousins cause he will be your QB long-term and I think Shanahan realized this...He is pretty decent, maybe a Matt "Can't get right" Schaub type...Better than Grossman I guess :)

You think Snyder made that decision? There are many GMs that would have taken RGIII over Luck if they had the picks. There are even more who would have taken the boat load of draft picks and traded down to avoid taking Luck. Luck had the hype but not everyone bought in although I will agree with you that most did. Well, most were wrong apparently. A 102.4 passer rating compared to 76.5 that is a huge difference. Those ratings and other stats would indicated to me that the Colts won 11 games in spite of Luck, not because of him. I'll take that Griffin guy. Watch the excuses to start to flow like water to explain that difference. :dancing:

First it is not ridiculous and I don't cherry pick his "stats", they are all bad except for the one that he ranked highly in comebacks. People make more excuses for Luck than any player I have ever followed. I am no troll, I just have not bought into the overhyping of Andrew Luck. But I am watching and I will give him a chance to prove me wrong and I will say so. There are a few people here who scream "troll" everytime they disagree with someone. Now lets look at those stats you say I cherry picked. He was 26th in QB rating among the starting QBs. That is terrible and some QBs ranked ahead of him are being replaced. His completion percentage is awful and needs to be 10% higher to be the kind of QB most of you think that he is. 10% in completions is a big number. He had 18 interceptions and 10 fumbles. That is terrible too but that is something you would expect in a young QB? How is using those stats cherry picking? As a famous coach once said (paraphrased) "If you want to crown his * then crown him but he is who I think he is."  :dancing:

Ok,

Read this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1477009-ignore-the-raw-numbers-andrew-luck-had-a-great-rookie-season

By the standard of winning that you use to judge a great QB, Tim Tebow must be one of the best of all time. He led a Bronco team into the playoffs that had not been competitive for a long time. Tebows QB rating was right there with Luck's stats.... But, Tim Tebow is not a great QB and neither is Andrew Luck, yet...... :dancing:

Prime example...The Ravens! :lol:

But, but, but....... Washington had been an awful team for years. Seattle is developing a good team but they were very bad until they got their new coach..... I hope when Luck thuds to somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 that you remember that stat about wins.... :dancing:

Hey,  I'm already on record as saying I don't think we'll win 11 games this year.    But that's not a 'Luck' issue...

Look...   I say this with respect because I'm painfully uncomfortable with what looks like an attack on a fellow Colts fan...

But....   you're a Colts fan...   we won 11 games....  7 in come-from-behind fashion....   the kid throws for over 4,000 yards in a system that is the opposite of his strength....

And yet....

You hate him so much (and did before he became a Colt)  that your hate blinds you to his ability....  

The only stats that matter are 11 wins and 7 come-from-behind....    and yet you're not satisfied....  

How do you think last season happened??     You saw what happened the year before....    You seem unwilling to give Luck any credit....    and seem perfectly willing to give Wilson and RG3 all the credit...

This seems Bass Ackwards....  if you follow my meaning....

Honestly,  I don't get it....

Hey, I'm already on record as saying I don't think we'll win 11 games this year. But that's not a 'Luck' issue...

Look... I say this with respect because I'm painfully uncomfortable with what looks like an attack on a fellow Colts fan...

But.... you're a Colts fan... we won 11 games.... 7 in come-from-behind fashion.... the kid throws for over 4,000 yards in a system that is the opposite of his strength....

And yet....

You hate him so much (and did before he became a Colt) that your hate blinds you to his ability....

The only stats that matter are 11 wins and 7 come-from-behind.... and yet you're not satisfied....

How do you think last season happened?? You saw what happened the year before.... You seem unwilling to give Luck any credit.... and seem perfectly willing to give Wilson and RG3 all the credit...

This seems Bass Ackwards.... if you follow my meaning....

Honestly, I don't get it....

I'm with you NCF I'm a colts fan and I believe that 2-14 to 11-5 in one season is great not to mention the team he had around him wat ppl don't see is luck was throwing deep way more then most in Arians system and he just did not have the o line for that so he had more hits and TOs I understand this so there is no way I could bash him for something that's not really his fault

Hey,  I'm already on record as saying I don't think we'll win 11 games this year.    But that's not a 'Luck' issue...

Look...   I say this with respect because I'm painfully uncomfortable with what looks like an attack on a fellow Colts fan...

But....   you're a Colts fan...   we won 11 games....  7 in come-from-behind fashion....   the kid throws for over 4,000 yards in a system that is the opposite of his strength....

And yet....

You hate him so much (and did before he became a Colt)  that your hate blinds you to his ability....  

The only stats that matter are 11 wins and 7 come-from-behind....    and yet you're not satisfied....  

How do you think last season happened??     You saw what happened the year before....    You seem unwilling to give Luck any credit....    and seem perfectly willing to give Wilson and RG3 all the credit...

This seems Bass Ackwards....  if you follow my meaning....

Honestly,  I don't get it....

I don't know how familiar you are with the poster you were quoting, but he's only here to get a rise out of people. There is no talking sense into him because he's just a troll trying to instigate people. The best option is the ignore feature for him and if everybody would do it then nobody would respond and he would no longer have any need to be here.

I really hope so, but I have my doubts

Elite is a word the OP likes to throw around. I guess at this rate half the league is going to be "elite" soon. Lol we all know that there's only 4 elite QBs in the league right now. Everyone else is on a different level completely.