Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy Pub Kisses Up To Steeler Fans

Coltsman1788

What the...? <SMH> Found this posted by the GM of Claddagh's Irish Pub on one of the Steeler boards. :eyebrow: Indy fans should boycott this establishment. lol

We at Claddagh Irish Pub - Downtown Indianapolis would like to welcome all you Steeler Fans to our fair city! We have a location in Pittsburgh, I grew up outside of Harrisburg and have always had an affinity for Pennsylvania so I'd love to have you all make Claddagh your home away from home while you're in town for the Steelers / Colts game.

If anyone would like to reach out and give us a call to discuss "homebase" for all the Steeler fans coming to Indianapolis feel free to give us a call and ask for Ryan. We are located on the corner of Jackson and Meridian, literally a 2-5 minute walk (depending on how many Guinness you have) from Lucas Oil stadium and very close to a ton of downtown hotels.

Let us know how we can help you out!

Cheers,

Ryan J Bodine

GM

Claddagh Irish Pub

317-822-6274

234 S. Meridian Street

Indianapolis, IN 46225

www.claddaghirishpubs.com

http://www.facebook.com/claddagh.indy rds.

so a restaurant ran by a Pennsylvania born is trying to make some money from the large steelers fan base visiting for one game when it is probably not that many colts fans even going to the game...

such a terrible man

Really? Wow...If this is true then maybe the Indy fans really are a fair weather bunch.

Just a business decision, and a darn good one. The steelers fans light up every away game with black & gold. I have no problem with this. Maybe we should do like other fans and beat one of them to death in the parking lot?

lol!! Are you implying the Indy fans should be more like Oakland fans??

Funny...when Howl at The Moon did the same thing for the playoff game with the Ravens everyone was up in arms. Now all of the sudden it's a "smart business move." I don't blame the guy for drumming up business, but it's never a good idea to give the local fan base something to complain about.

HOW DARE HE?!

How dare this man associate with people who may be from the same area he grew up in, and try to drum up some business for his establishment elsewhere which will help he and his family financially! HOW DARE HE?!

He should IMMEDIATELY be thrown out of the country because this is America and we just don't do stuff like that here.

:facepalm:

What a stupid, stupid topic...

Funny...when Howl at The Moon did the same thing for the playoff game with the Ravens everyone was up in arms. Now all of the sudden it's a "smart business move." I don't blame the guy for drumming up business, but it's never a good idea to give the local fan base something to complain about.

Are you trying to say that this isn't a smart business move? Many of our fans are talking about getting rid of their tickets like they'll get leprosy from holding onto them.

Personally I'm sick of this gang mentality that drives many fans. Which is what leads to violent assaults on a guy wearing the wrong colors.

I have no problem with opposing fans being welcomed into our town to enjoy football and spend their money in our local economy.

Who can blame the pub owner? Especially when we're hearing all this talk about people getting rid of their tickets and being unsupportive of the team even after more than a decade of success. I'd go out and drum up the business in fickle Indianapolis too. Besides, the Steelers have fans coast to coast because they're one of the gold standard franchises in the league. Enough home fans quit going to games in Indy the dome will start looking like it does in the baseball world when the Yankees go to someone else's town.

Oh no a business is trying to make money. The horror! Anyone who gets pest by this need to get over their homerism and realize they still have a business to run and having steelers fans come in would be a nice business move since they travel so well.

Probably have to do something like this since the Colts fans are probably not showing up like they where we we were winning.

Are you trying to say that this isn't a smart business move? Many of our fans are talking about getting rid of their tickets like they'll get leprosy from holding onto them.

Personally I'm sick of this gang mentality that drives many fans. Which is what leads to violent assaults on a guy wearing the wrong colors.

I have no problem with opposing fans being welcomed into our town to enjoy football and spend their money in our local economy.

That's a +1 post for sure. Like you say with the economy I'm always happy to have others spend money in Indy. We're glad that the Training Camp is in Anderson because it brings in a lot of money to our town. :applause:

Whoa...I was just a little miffed about a local Indy bar openly cheering on Steeler Nation smack dab in the middle of Circle City. No where is anyone advocating any kind of violence against opposing fans so don't get carried away buddy.

I understand it's good for the local economy. I mean if these fair weather Colts fans are bailing out on our team like that then maybe a city like Indy needs support from opposing team fans to make up for all the fleeing Colts "faithful". Truly sad by the way but that's another discussion.

I understand it's good for the local economy. I mean if these fair weather Colts fans are bailing out on our team like that then maybe a city like Indy needs support from opposing team fans to make up for all the fleeing Colts "faithful". Truly sad by the way but that's another discussion.

I think people may be jumping to conclusions a bit on this. There has been a grand total of one home game thus far, and it sounded to me like there was a fairly decent crowd and they were into it. If people are basing this solely on the falling ticket prices, that doesn't mean less people are going to the games. It just means that people are paying less on the secondary market for tickets....which really should not come as a surprise to anyone.

Whoa...I was just a little miffed about a local Indy bar openly cheering on Steeler Nation smack dab in the middle of Circle City. No where is anyone advocating any kind of violence against opposing fans so don't get carried away buddy.

I was speaking specifically toward this attitude that opposing fans are the enemy. They are not, they are welcome here in Indianapolis.

Lets not forget that we're hosting a Super Bowl this year and our hospitality should be in full throttle.

I was speaking specifically toward this attitude that opposing fans are the enemy. They are not, they are welcome here in Indianapolis.

Lets not forget that we're hosting a Super Bowl this year and our hospitality should be in full throttle.

OK...Ok... I can admit when I am wrong. You guys/gals are right. I was looking at this the wrong way. My fault for even posting this thread.

But you Indy folks welcoming all these Steeler fans in town...you all better not be sitting on your hands this game. REPRESENT! and I don't mean just on 3rd down!!! :blueshoe:

OK...Ok... I can admit when I am wrong. You guys/gals are right. I was looking at this the wrong way. My fault for even posting this thread.

But you Indy folks welcoming all these Steeler fans in town...you all better not be sitting on your hands this game. REPRESENT! and I don't mean just on 3rd down!!! :blueshoe:

Is cool. I was wrong once. The feeling was like a punch in the stomach. :cheers:

I think you're making quite the leap here. No one is promoting violence or not welcoming opposing fans. What would you have the local bars do? Pull down their Colts decorations and put up whatever team is coming to play? There's a difference between the Super Bowl, which is a neutral site game, and a teams home game. By all means, come wearing your Steelers jersey and spend your money here, but I don't think we need to put up a bunch of black and gold banners to welcome them.

I think you're making quite the leap here. No one is promoting violence or not welcoming opposing fans. What would you have the local bars do? Pull down their Colts decorations and put up whatever team is coming to play? There's a difference between the Super Bowl, which is a neutral site game, and a teams home game. By all means, come wearing your Steelers jersey and spend your money here, but I don't think we need to put up a bunch of black and gold banners to welcome them.

It's one local bar with strong Pittsburgh ties. I think it's neat that they have extended a warm welcome to Pitt fans.

No, I wouldn't have them remove Colts decorations. I hope this isn't their angle.

I was a little disturbed by the ads mentioning of how long it takes to walk to the game depending on how drunk they get you first. Alcohol fuels violence and every game I've attended has to some effect been stained by a pack of drunken 20 something kids. The last time I went to a game I thought I was going to get into a fight just because I asked one of them to please stop yelling the "F" word, which he did about 5 times a minute for 4 hours.

I disagree completely with this mentality. When you host another team in your own stadium, you are the host, there is a thing called hospitality, being the host and such. Are you saying that Colts fans should be so insecure in their team and their liking of their team that fans of an opposing team should be made unwelcome?

Whatever happened to just supporting your team? How come it has to come down to hostility towards fans of other teams?

I don't see a problem with it. No matter where you go...except maybe Green Bay...there's probably always going to be one bar or establishment that leans towards a team other than the home team.

I'm not so naive to think that everyone who likes football in every state is going to support the home team. My Grandparents never supported the Colts, they were Bears fans.

Quite frankly I am tired of this mentality. Not to sound like a cheesy motivational poster but "This is our house!". And I am pointing the finger at all the ticket holders who dumped their seats to Steelers fans. Pathetic. Steeler fans would be up in arms if there were that many Colts fans at Heinz Field.

And to think we are all supposed to treat opposing team fans with up most respect and dignity? nonsense. Would love nothing more if opposing fans checked their schedules for possible road games to attend, and immediately crossed Indy off the list.

I just wanted to throw this out there and I wasn't sure where to put it and since this is talking about fans I think this work. Props to the 12th man tonight. All week we heard how it was going to be a home game for the Steelers and there were a lot of Steelers fans there but the Colts fans that were there made A LOT of noise and never gave up on the team and were into it all night long. I thought they repersented our fanbase well.

I swear the Steeler fans are the most obnoxious bunch I have ever met. Not all of course but the two seated by us were the worst I have ever seen at a game. One stood up the whole game (we did pay for seats, I think I got to use mine for about ten minutes when I decided to watch the screen instead) and the other held a sign up almost the entire game which of course no one could see around.

They were both asked repeatedly by others around them to please stop, but they ignored all the requests. Indy fans are some of the most courteous I have ever been around but by the end of the game I think the whole section I was in was upset.

It's great to stand, yell, and cheer your team on . . . but every play regardless of who has the ball, or what the play on the field is. I think it is just rude.