Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schedule release date 4-16-2013

mark5362

I really think we have a shot in every game next season. Even against the 49ers and Broncos. (Thinking the 49ers game though less and less as they seem to get better and better and better- i hate that their so complete haha

My prediction is a 12-4 season with the worst scenario being 8-8 and best 13-3 

I hope they'll play the Broncos in midseason where they used to put the New England game.  The 2013 season is only the second time since 1970 that they didn't play so maybe this will become a regular thing.....

Nah, I can see them doing it later in the season just in case there are playoff implications or something. Sunday Night Football for sure, or at least a 3:00 game

it will be a Sunday or Monday night no question.. zero chance it is a Sunday afternoon game

The Ravens and O's never resolved their schedule conflict so I think the NFL is making the Ravens schedule the Thursday opener on the road.  Looking at the Ravens road opponents, they'll probably open at Den so Indy would probably get Den mid-season like Colts/Pats of of past.

I usually predict the schedule over at ColtPower - so I'll post it here as well.  This would be an nice schedule that would give us a chance for a fast start before the bye, a tough 5 game mid-season stretch, then a chance for a strong finish in the remaining 7 games:

9/8 Jaguars 1pm CBS

9/15 @ AZ 4:05pm CBS 

9/22 @ Chiefs 1pm CBS

9/29 Titans 1pm CBS

10/6 BYE

10/13 @ 49ers 8:30pm NBC

10/21 Seahawks 8:30pm ESPN 

10/28 @ Bengals 1pm CBS

11/3 Broncos 8:30pm NBC

11/10 @ Texans 1pm CBS

11/17 Raiders 1pm CBS

11/24 @ Chargers 4:25pm CBS

12/1 Dolphins 1pm CBS

12/5 @ Titans 8:30pm NFLN

12/15 Rams 1pm FOX

12/22 Texans 4:25pm CBS

12/29 @ Jaguars 1pm CBS

Nah, I can see them doing it later in the season just in case there are playoff implications or something. Sunday Night Football for sure, or at least a 3:00 game

Aren't all game playoff implications? All wins and losses count. I think it would be great. First game for him and us, at his old home. The most exciting game of the season to kick it off.

The Ravens and O's never resolved their schedule conflict so I think the NFL is making the Ravens schedule the Thursday opener on the road.  Looking at the Ravens road opponents, they'll probably open at Den so Indy would probably get Den mid-season like Colts/Pats of of past.

I usually predict the schedule over at ColtPower - so I'll post it here as well.  This would be an nice schedule that would give us a chance for a fast start before the bye, a tough 5 game mid-season stretch, then a chance for a strong finish in the remaining 7 games:

Wait... You 'predict the schedule'? Is that something people really do? I get predicting wins/losses/draft picks/etc...

But predicting the schedule? Wow, that's hard core! Good for you.

9/8 Jaguars 1pm CBS

9/22 @ Chiefs 1pm CBS

9/29 Titans 1pm CBS

10/6 BYE

10/28 @ Bengals 1pm CBS

11/10 @ Texans 1pm CBS

11/17 Raiders 1pm CBS

12/1 Dolphins 1pm CBS

12/15 Rams 1pm FOX

12/29 @ Jaguars 1pm CBS

We now have mock schedules?

WOW I do love football

The Ravens and O's never resolved their schedule conflict so I think the NFL is making the Ravens schedule the Thursday opener on the road. Looking at the Ravens road opponents, they'll probably open at Den so Indy would probably get Den mid-season like Colts/Pats of of past.

I usually predict the schedule over at ColtPower - so I'll post it here as well. This would be an nice schedule that would give us a chance for a fast start before the bye, a tough 5 game mid-season stretch, then a chance for a strong finish in the remaining 7 games:

9/8 Jaguars 1pm CBS

9/22 @ Chiefs 1pm CBS

9/29 Titans 1pm CBS

10/6 BYE

10/28 @ Bengals 1pm CBS

11/10 @ Texans 1pm CBS

11/17 Raiders 1pm CBS

12/1 Dolphins 1pm CBS

12/15 Rams 1pm FOX

12/29 @ Jaguars 1pm CBS

The question was not about the NFL opener, but the Colts opener. Which can still allow for Denver at the beginning of the season. It could be week 2 or 3, but I still think the first home game of the season for us should be Denver.

Aren't all game playoff implications? All wins and losses count. I think it would be great. First game for him and us, at his old home. The most exciting game of the season to kick it off.

Well if we're talking semantics lol. Yeah you're right, it would be one of the most watched season openers in history. And then factor in the fact that the loser is 0-1, a way no one wants to start the season...talk about dramatic lol.

The question was not about the NFL opener, but the Colts opener. Which can still allow for Denver at the beginning of the season. It could be week 2 or 3, but I still think the first home game of the season for us should be Denver.

I think the NFL opener affects Den @ Indy because of the Ravens schedule conflict.  If the conflict with the O's was resolved, the Ravens would probably host the Pats in the Thurs opener and the door would be opened for Den to to visit Indy for SNF for week 2.  As it stands, the only Raven road game worthy of the Thurs opener is @ Den.  The Den/Indy game will surely be on SNF and Den wouldn't be on NBC 2 straight weeks.

We shall see. 

I think the NFL opener affects Den @ Indy because of the Ravens schedule conflict. If the conflict with the O's was resolved, the Ravens would probably host the Pats in the Thurs opener and the door would be opened for Den to to visit Indy for SNF for week 2. As it stands, the only Raven road game worthy of the Thurs opener is @ Den. The Den/Indy game will surely be on SNF and Den wouldn't be on NBC 2 straight weeks.

We shall see.

I get it, so because of station conflict, they couldn't play us in week 2?

I get it, so because of station conflict, they couldn't play us in week 2?

Correct. 

The only way I see us getting Den as a home opener would be if the NFL made the Ravens open up at Pitt for the NBC Thurs opener - Den could then come to Indy for the NBC SNF game on 9/8 (or 9/15 if we open on the road 9/8).  Even if they go Bal at Pit for the Thurs opener, NBC may still want to open SNF with the Manning Bowl on 9/8.

My gut just tells me that they're saving Den/Indy for the mid-season so they can milk the hype. 

Wait... You 'predict the schedule'? Is that something people really do? I get predicting wins/losses/draft picks/etc...

But predicting the schedule? Wow, that's hard core! Good for you.

Still probably easier to do than predicting the 1st round of the draft and hundreds of people get paid to do that...

Correct.

The only way I see us getting Den as a home opener would be if the NFL made the Ravens open up at Pitt for the NBC Thurs opener - Den could then come to Indy for the NBC SNF game on 9/8 (or 9/15 if we open on the road 9/8). Even if they go Bal at Pit for the Thurs opener, NBC may still want to open SNF with the Manning Bowl on 9/8.

My gut just tells me that they're saving Den/Indy for the mid-season so they can milk the hype.

Well bummer. The hype is already milked out of me. That sounds wrong. But still.

Still probably easier to do than predicting the 1st round of the draft and hundreds of people get paid to do that...

There's some football insight that goes into that, team needs, player value, etc.

Predicting the schedule is logistics. But, hey, TBH I'd rather read about that than MLB right now.

There's some football insight that goes into that, team needs, player value, etc.

Predicting the schedule is logistics. But, hey, TBH I'd rather read about that than MLB right now.

Yes but you have 32 teams and hundreds of prospects. Do you think anybody besides SEA and SF had Bruce Irvin or AJ Jenkins in the 1st round...at all? 

At least with the schedule for one team, there are not many variables. It's like a lottery with only 17 slots to fill instead of 32 for the draft but you already know the numbers. The difference is information. You know who each team is playing. Now it's just a matter of getting it in order. With the draft, you have so much to consider. Not only do you have to guess as to which prospect any one team "needs", but then you have to account for that team not drafting "needs" and getting what THEY feel is the best player on the board which is unknown to the general public. Then after you figure that part out you have to consider the possibility of trades which happen often. The probability of guessing the schedule is much higher than guessing the first round of the draft in my opinion :)

Anyone else feel a forum challenge coming on?

I really think we have a shot in every game next season. Even against the 49ers and Broncos. (Thinking the 49ers game though less and less as they seem to get better and better and better- i hate that their so complete haha

My prediction is a 12-4 season with the worst scenario being 8-8 and best 13-3 

You just can't be wrong with those predictions huh.

9/8 Jaguars 1pm CBS

9/22 @ Chiefs 1pm CBS

9/29 Titans 1pm CBS

10/6 BYE

10/28 @ Bengals 1pm CBS

11/10 @ Texans 1pm CBS

11/17 Raiders 1pm CBS

12/1 Dolphins 1pm CBS

12/15 Rams 1pm FOX

12/29 @ Jaguars 1pm CBS

One thing that stands out. If we play KC and Cincy early, we wont play any games in cold weather all year.

For us,,that's good Luck.