Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Kolb reportedly signs with Bills.

Dustin

well that hurts our chances of getting a wr since the bills will most likely go that route to give steve johnson a partner in crime

Patterson

Austin

Allen

Hopkins

Those will be the first 4 to go. Teams in front of us that need receivers are Buffalo, St Louis, and Minnesota. If those receivers go in the order I posted, Hopkins should be there at 24.

Lol am I the only one who thinks that's insane that people keep signing this guy?

I cannot stand to watch him play... of course, I didn't pay attention until he got to AZ.

He does have a couple things going for him in BUF though...

• Better protection
  • CJ Spiller
  • Fred Jackson

If they can get Steve Johnson some much needed help then this may not be a bad move. They will still draft a QB... my guess is they have their eyes set on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. If Kolb doesn't work out for them then they move on to the kid in the trenches... or the kid outperforms him like in SEA. 

Lol am I the only one who thinks that's insane that people keep signing this guy?

59% completion percentage, 9 TDs 3 INTs and over 1000 yards in 5 games behind arguably one of the worst lines in the history of the league. I don't think he was that bad.

Patterson

Austin

Allen

Hopkins

Those will be the first 4 to go. Teams in front of us that need receivers are Buffalo, St Louis, and Minnesota. If those receivers go in the order I posted, Hopkins should be there at 24.

I bet you a chocolate Easter egg that if Tavon Austin is there at #8 and the Bills SERIOUSLY wait on a QB then Mr. Austin will be in a Bills jerzey.

I bet you a chocolate Easter egg that if Tavon Austin is there at #8 and the Bills SERIOUSLY wait on a QB then Mr. Austin will be in a Bills jerzey.

Patterson is better. They need a #1 receiver. Austin is more of a complimentary WR IMO.

Patterson is better. They need a #1 receiver. Austin is more of a complimentary WR IMO.

They paid Johnson like a #1 so he is gonna be that guy. Austin could really take off in the NFL on a team that needs his PIZZAZZ badly.

CJ has the RB PIZZAZZ... Austin will have the WR PIZZAZZ... Johnson will have the 30-40 yard catches and a bunch of drops. 

59% completion percentage, 9 TDs 3 INTs and over 1000 yards in 5 games behind arguably one of the worst lines in the history of the league. I don't think he was that bad.

He's certainly looked good in small sample sizes, but I don't know what others are seeing over all that I'm not that make teams think he's an answer. I've never been impressed by what he brings to the QB position.

But this is all just my opinion on him. I've been known to be wrong.......a lot lol.

They paid Johnson like a #1 so he is gonna be that guy. Austin could really take off in the NFL on a team that needs his PIZZAZZ badly.

CJ has the RB PIZZAZZ... Austin will have the WR PIZZAZZ... Johnson will have the 30-40 yard catches and a bunch of drops.

Johnson is basically a taller Avery. He'd be the 2 or 3 guy on most teams.

They ditched Fitzpatrick for this bum? Buffalo, I'd like to think you know what you're doing, but you probably dont.

I think this "bum" is better then Fitz kolb was having a good year till he was injured cause of his horrible o line so I don't see where everyone gets he is so bad

They should trade down then, there isn't a WR worth taking at #8

Who do you think would want to trade up? I don't think there will be too much movement at the front of the draft. Even if they did trade out of the #8 spot I doubt they end up moving more than 10 spots. That is still something but, it just seems like a gamble for anyone to move up into the top 10 spots for a draft class like this.

Don't be surprised when T Austin is rookie of the year..... 

Dude is a "supposedly" better TY Hilton....     And we all know what TY does to D's....

I disagree with that because though Kolb is a QB that has been in the NFL for a while he is injury prone and is not really the answer to that franchise so I still think if Smith is there take him thoughts?.

The Bills new coach is from Syracuae, he'll take Ryan Nassib in the second.

He did okay in Philly. Sadly for Philly fans he got injured, and they had to go back to Vick.

The Eagles should have never dabbled with Vick. Keep it running with Donovan, and Kolb would have been there to pick up after. They would have been doing okay.

So does this pretty much mean the Bills are voting no confidence on the 2013 QB Draft class?

That's pretty much how I would interpret this move buffalo34. Sorry man, you don't deserve this. Why can't the Bills replace Jim Kelly? So sad & tragic really....

They ditched Fitzpatrick for this bum? Buffalo, I'd like to think you know what you're doing, but you probably dont.

I agree ReMeDy 4 steps backward never equals 1 giant step forward. Regression as opposed to progression is never a good thing. 

That's pretty much how I would interpret this move buffalo34. Sorry man, you don't deserve this. Why can't the Bills replace Jim Kelly? So sad & tragic really....

You guys are acting like this guy is Mark Sanchez or something. He had a 3:1 Td/int ratio behind one the worst O-lines in the history of the league. He started the season 4-1 before he got injured. He's a solid QB. A definite upgrade over Fitzpatrick.

You guys are acting like this guy is Mark Sanchez or something. He had a 3:1 Td/int ratio behind one the worst O-lines in the history of the league. He started the season 4-1 before he got injured. He's a solid QB. A definite upgrade over Fitzpatrick.

#1: Kevin Kolb is injury prone, #2: Take him away from Andy Reid's system & he's below average at best, & #3: If Kolb is an upgrade, what in the world does a liability look like? You might as well bring Jeff Garcia back then. He may be long in the tooth, but at least Jeff is smart, tough, & can win some games for your franchise. Bruce Arians, the QB guru, didn't want him that tells me all I need to know. Kolb is a disaster. I'd rather roll the dice with Fitz if Kolb is my only alternative. Heck, I'd even take Vince Young over Kevin Kolb. 

#1: Kevin Kolb is injury prone, #2: Take him away from Andy Reid's system & he's below average at best, & #3: If Kolb is an upgrade, what in the world does a liability look like? You might as well bring Jeff Garcia back then. He may be long in the tooth, but at least Jeff is smart, tough, & can win some games for your franchise. Bruce Arians, the QB guru, didn't want him that tells me all I need to know. Kolb is a disaster. I'd rather roll the dice with Fitz if Kolb is my only alternative. Heck, I'd even take Vince Young over Kevin Kolb.

Did you ignore the points I wrote? Before he got injured he was 4-1 with over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs to just 3 interceptions. His O-line was so bad that when he dropped back to pass he statistically had a higher percentage of getting sacked then he did even throwing a pass. The fact that he was able to put up those numbers with no run game, 1 WR, and that terrible O-line is completely ridiculous.

Did you ignore the points I wrote? Before he got injured he was 4-1 with over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs to just 3 interceptions. His O-line was so bad that when he dropped back to pass he statistically had a higher percentage of getting sacked then he did even throwing a pass. The fact that he was able to put up those numbers with no run game, 1 WR, and that terrible O-line is completely ridiculous.

I will admit that the AZ Cardinals o-line was terrible Dustin. You make a valid point there & a crappy line can even make a HOF QB look bad. No, I saw what you wrote. Let me ask you 1 question: Did Larry Fitzgerald ever sing Kevin Kolb's praises like he did Kurt Warner? Nope. Let's just say that I'm not the President of Kevin Kolb's NFL fan club? I never cared for Kolb even as a backup QB. Sorry. He just isn't starting material in my mind. Buffalo should draft USC's Matt Barkley. That's what I'd do. 

I will admit that the AZ Cardinals o-line was terrible Dustin. You make a valid point there & a crappy line can even make a HOF QB look bad. No, I saw what you wrote. Let me ask you 1 question: Did Larry Fitzgerald ever sing Kevin Kolb's praises like he did Kurt Warner? Nope. Let's just say that I'm not the President of Kevin Kolb's NFL fan club? I never cared for Kolb even as a backup QB. Sorry. He just isn't starting material in my mind. Buffalo should draft USC's Matt Barkley. That's what I'd do.

Matt Barkley has a noodle arm that would be exposed in Buffalo's windy climate. It's the same reason why Fitzmagic didn't work out. There's no QB worth a 1st round pick IMO. They'll take Ryan Nassib in the 2nd round and let him ride the pine for a year or two. He was the QB at Syracuse (where Buffalo's current HC coached last season)

Matt Barkley has a noodle arm that would be exposed in Buffalo's windy climate. It's the same reason why Fitzmagic didn't work out. There's no QB worth a 1st round pick IMO. They'll take Ryan Nassib in the 2nd round and let him ride the pine for a year or two. He was the QB at Syracuse (where Buffalo's current HC coached last season)

Yeah, I could see HC Doug Marrone doing that, but they are also bringing USC's Matt Barkley for a visit as well. So, there is front office interest there. 

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-schedule-Barkley-for-private-workout/88cc33d5-1e9e-403b-836c-2e9134bd1a8f

Matt Barkley's injury was shoulder related not arm related. Jeff George had a cannon for an arm, but he never won a SB. Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson won a  :lombardi:  trophy though. Game manager is not a "dirty" or "forbidden" word.