Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do I give us at #24?

I'm doing my latest mock draft, and I don't know what it is, but I can't figure out who we should take. Here is the mock up to this point:

1.       KC- Luke Joeckel

2.       Jags- Dion Jordan

3.       Raiders- Shariff Floyd

4.       Philly- Geno Smith

5.       Lions- Eric Fisher

6.       Browns- Dee Millner

7.       Cards- Lane Johnson

8.       Bills- Cordarelle Patterson

9.       Jets- Ezekiel Ansah

10.   Titans- Kenny Vacarro

11.   Chargers- Chance Warmack

12.   Miami- Xavier Rhodes

13.   Tampa- Star Lotulelei

14.   Carolina- Sheldon Richardson

15.   Saints- Jarvis Jones

16.   St. Louis- Johnathon Cooper

17.   Pitt- Alec Ogletree

18.   Dallas- DJ Fluker

19.   Giants- Damontre Moore

20.   Chicago- Arthur Brown

21.   Cincy- Bjoern Werner

22.   Rams- Keenan Allen

23.   Vikings- Tavon Austin

24.   Colts- 

In this mock I have Barkevious Mingo falling who I'm seriously considering slotting to us (I do think most people overrate him but might be good at #24), if you're looking WR, then Deandre Hopkins and Justin Hunter are still available. For D-line depth and help, there's Sylvester Williams, Johnathon Hankins (really not sure about this dude), Jesse Williams, and John Jenkins. And lastly, Desmond Trufant is still there for our secondary, as he could probably be our nickel, but I think we have more pressing needs at the moment.

So tell me who you think we should get, I'm totally unsure on this one.

I'm doing my latest mock draft, and I don't know what it is, but I can't figure out who we should take. Here is the mock up to this point:

18.   Dallas- DJ Fluker

22.   Rams- Keenan Allen

24.   Colts- 

In this mock I have Barkevious Mingo falling who I'm seriously considering slotting to us (I do think most people overrate him but might be good at #24), if you're looking WR, then Deandre Hopkins and Justin Hunter are still available. For D-line depth and help, there's Sylvester Williams, Johnathon Hankins (really not sure about this dude), Jesse Williams, and John Jenkins. And lastly, Desmond Trufant is still there for our secondary, as he could probably be our nickel, but I think we have more pressing needs at the moment.

So tell me who you think we should get, I'm totally unsure on this one.

Mingo, by far if he's still available.

Can you sell me on Okafor? I feel he wouldn't be that great in a 3-4

1.Possesses NFL size and length 6'4" 264lbs who also has room on his frame for more 

2.Has experience standing up at both ends as well as over Center 

3,Takes consistently good angles to both play the run or pass rush 

4.Has an explosive (although not consistent) first step 

5.Has the strength to bull rush weaker O Linemen into the backfield 

6,If he can not get to the QB he will get his hands up into the passing lanes or attempt to swat the ball out of the QB's hands 

7.Consistent with stepping over blocks at his feet

8.Needs to improve pass rushes rep and be a little more active with his hands but not bad 

9.Shows an elite burst closing in on the ball carrier

10 Makes plays at key moments (Bowl game this past year for example, 4 sack game0

I think in Pagano and Manuskys scheme Okafor would be a real force, I gave you some good reasons to like him as well as a few things I think he needs to improve

Regardless if we pick Okafor or not we do need another pass rusher, Im not hinging my hopes on Mathis and Hughes and whatever Walden can give us

I don't know how anyone could pass on Mingo in that spot...well, unless u just think he is overrated. Pass rush is the key for a defense and the colts best pass rusher is 33. I would sprint to the podium if Mingo fell that far...unlikely I know.

I don't know how anyone could pass on Mingo in that spot...well, unless u just think he is overrated. Pass rush is the key for a defense and the colts best pass rusher is 33. I would sprint to the podium if Mingo fell that far...unlikely I know.

Ryan Grigson stated if he had 12 pass rushers he'd want 13 .  at 24  OLB .  BPA

If they pick Patton, it would be in a trade down scenario, right?  They wouldn't take him over Hopkins and take him at #24.  I also like Woods over Patton, either way, both of those guys will probably be available early 2nd round.  We need to pick up a couple of more picks, to really harvest good depth.

18.   Dallas- DJ Fluker

22.   Rams- Keenan Allen

24.   Colts- 

So tell me who you think we should get, I'm totally unsure on this one. Mingo or Sylvester Williams would both be good here. Looks to me like about 8 people in this first round mock will drop by the actual draft.