Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eddie Lacy reminds me so much of an ex Colt great

BlueShoe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacy looks and plays more stout than Edge did.

We aren't going to draft him more than likely.

Good luck to wherever the kid goes.

Edgerrin 6-0 119

Lacy 5-11 120

We want to run the ball and if Lacy is there at #24, I would not be surprised if/when we draft him.

Edgerrin 6-0 119

Lacy 5-11 120

We want to run the ball and if Lacy is there at #24, I would not be surprised if/when we draft him.

Ballard ran pretty good behind that terrible O-line last season. He could probably put up over 1,000 yards next season. There's no need for a RB.

Edgerrin 6-0 119

Lacy 5-11 120

We want to run the ball and if Lacy is there at #24, I would not be surprised if/when we draft him.

Yep, looks about right.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we took him at #24, if there is a decent RG at #24 I would definitely take him over Lacy.

I don't have a problem with Lacy or your logic, I just think RG is much more glaring need than RB.

Can Ballard get a whole year starting before trying to add another one. We already have 3 backs that brings 3 different things to the table

Donald cannot stay healthy and Carter can't hang on to the ball. Irsay and Grigson both said that we are not a one back team and do not plan to be. Those days have been over for most teams for a long time now. I can see Lacy and Ballard being the new James and Rhodes, only with splitting carries more evenly.

You misunderstand me. I am not against bringing in DHB. My point is that our need for a receiver will diminish greatly if we sign DHB. This could trigger us taking Lacy.

It won't diminish at all. And even if it did taking a RB in the first is a bad idea.

I think we just need to stick with what we have a RB this year. Anymore backs are taking to much of a beating and then they don't have as much in their "prime" like they used to. Look a Michael Turner. I think the NFL is switching to where you do "running by commitee" and just have 3-4 guys try and carry the load. Have fresh legs and switch 'em in and out. Look at when we won it all. And when the Giants won twice. Keep money off the RBs and pour it into OL and we have to save up for Andrew's big contracts to keep him in Indy after he gets us a few Super Bowls :goodluck:

Sorry but I don't see it edge looked ten times smoother in his movement .

I don't think you give Lacy enough credit. His movements are very similar to Edgerrin. He is a north and south runner (downhill) just like Edgerrin was, and he has the power and speed that Edgerrin had (pre injury).

I believe this kid is going to be a star. I like him more than any of the other Bama running backs that have come out in a while.

Donald cannot stay healthy and Carter can't hang on to the ball. Irsay and Grigson both said that we are not a one back team and do not plan to be. Those days have been over for most teams for a long time now. I can see Lacy and Ballard being the new James and Rhodes, only with splitting carries more evenly.

Your right we aren't a one back team that's why we have 3 different ones.

I think we just need to stick with what we have a RB this year. Anymore backs are taking to much of a beating and then they don't have as much in their "prime" like they used to. Look a Michael Turner. I think the NFL is switching to where you do "running by commitee" and just have 3-4 guys try and carry the load. Have fresh legs and switch 'em in and out. Look at when we won it all. And when the Giants won twice. Keep money off the RBs and pour it into OL and we have to save up for Andrew's big contracts to keep him in Indy after he gets us a few Super Bowls :goodluck:

A running back picked at #24 will be very cheap for 5 years.

I am with you on the Colts Super Bowls. :)

I really dont understand why even both wasting a 1st round pick on a RB you can get it done with an average one how far has AP lead the vikings? 

not very 

It is not AP's fault the Vikings do not have a passing attack. I do not agree that backs are a dime a dozen. When you have a chance to draft a game changer then you pull the trigger.

Taking a RB in the first round has been a poor idea for a number of years now....

As the passing game has become more important and the running game de-emphasized,  it rarely makes sense anymore....

I like Lacy.   I think he's the best back in the draft.   But look how much we got out of Ballard, and we got him in the 5th round.  That's the new NFL.    There's rarely a reason to use a 1st round pick on a RB.    Sure,  there are exceptions to the rule.   

Richardson was OK for Cleveland, but a disappointment considering how high he was taken.

Wilson was mostly a disappointment for the NYGiants.

And the TB kid was very, very good.    But RB's grow old fast in the NFL.

It's a risky proposition.    Use a lower round pick for another back to pair with Ballard.

That would be my approach.

get another guard and see what our backs do with a good OL... this doesn't mean at our pick 24.. unless Cooper is still there... I would be into trading down and getting more picks and grabbing Warford and Collins ( if possible.. he is moving up) I think we will go BPA, but am leaning on they will go OLB/pass rusher if available... I don't think Rhoades will be there.. If the top OLB's are gone and we don't trade I think Dontae Jones will be a good pick..

That's why they are not the starter, they are the situational and the change of pace backs

They are situational backs that either can't stay healthy or can't hang on to the ball. They both need to go. Sorry, but we all know deep down that is the truth.

I really dont understand why even both wasting a 1st round pick on a RB you can get it done with an average one how far has AP lead the vikings? 

not very 

Bad example. AP just dragged his team into the playoffs with a limited quarterback and no receiving options.

I agree with your point, but AP is the rare exception.

I don't think you give Lacy enough credit. His movements are very similar to Edgerrin. He is a north and south runner (downhill) just like Edgerrin was, and he has the power and speed that Edgerrin had (pre injury in him

I believe this kid is going to be a star. I like him more than any of the other Bama running backs that have come out in a while.

Not saying he will not be a star he just doesnt remind me of Edge

Taking a RB in the first round has been a poor idea for a number of years now....

As the passing game has become more important and the running game de-emphasized,  it rarely makes sense anymore....

I like Lacy.   I think he's the best back in the draft.   But look how much we got out of Ballard, and we got him in the 5th round.  That's the new NFL.    There's rarely a reason to use a 1st round pick on a RB.    Sure,  there are exceptions to the rule.   

Richardson was OK for Cleveland, but a disappointment considering how high he was taken.

Wilson was mostly a disappointment for the NYGiants.

And the TB kid was very, very good.    But RB's grow old fast in the NFL.

It's a risky proposition.    Use a lower round pick for another back to pair with Ballard.

That would be my approach.

I can appreciate your opinion, but we are drafting #24, not top 5. There is nothing wrong with taking a chance on the best back in a draft at #24, especially when a team needs one.

If Ballard were to go down next year, do you really feel like we could be successful with Brown or Carter? I don't.

I can appreciate your opinion, but we are drafting #24, not top 5. There is nothing wrong with taking a chance on the best back in a draft at #24, especially when a team needs one.

If Ballard were to go down next year, do you really feel like we could be successful with Brown or Carter? I don't.

Has anyone picked up Michael Turner or is he done? Probably don't have the money now but at the beginning of FA I thought he would be a good pickup for the right price. Better than Whalen at 4 yr./16 million IMO.

No, I don't either.....   We are in 100% agreement here.   I completely disagree with those saying we don't need to take a RB in this draft.

But where I disagree with you is to take a RB with the first round pick.   I think Grigson has shown that he can find RB talent deep in a draft...   so let's not waste our first overall pick on a RB when we can find a solid one later on....

I'd rather use our first pick,  whether it's in the 1st or 2nd round,  on a position that's a more pressing need.

Just my two cents....

Has anyone picked up Michael Turner or is he done? Probably don't have the money now but at the beginning of FA I thought he would be a good pickup for the right price. Better than Whalen at 4 yr./16 million IMO.

Turner is still a FA. He is a 10 year veteran and last year wasn't kind to him. Atlanta released him to sign another older RB. That's got to say something, and likely why Turner has not been signed yet. I am sure some team will pick him up at a cheap price.

He ran behind 4 maybe 5 future NFL OL. Consider me unimpressed. As for BlueShoe, you think it is likely we take him, or you want us to take him? Hint- it's the latter.

It doesn't matter what you or I want. I am looking at the most likely choices. Eddie Lacy is becoming more likely.

Can Ballard get a whole year starting before trying to add another one. We already have 3 backs that brings 3 different things to the table

its almost as bad as alot of people saying we NEED a WR. those are two positions i would NOT use our first rounder on. we need a DLIne, LB and a CB. lol. and i agree with you ballard looked good last year and i think he could be a good back for us and will only get better each year. 

its almost as bad as alot of people saying we NEED a WR. those are two positions i would NOT use our first rounder on. we need a DLIne, LB and a CB. lol. and i agree with you ballard looked good last year and i think he could be a good back for us and will only get better each year. 

Offensive Line?????????