Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB to visit Colts

ell_chrisso

People wonder why we keep looking at WR's.  Peyton had Marvin, Reggie, Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely at one time.  I see no reason why we shouldn't at least try to give Luck the same caliber of weapons.  That means staying on the lookout EVERY year.

Luck has Reggie,TY,Whalen,Fleener and Allen of the names mentioned do you not see good targets?Fleener was dinged up hes going to have a better year.Whalen looked awesome in Pre-season how many thought he was going to make the team?  I did.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.  Grigson has done such a great job, yet I wish he would admit the one mistake....Satele.  We were without question better when Shipley was on the field.  Statistics proved it....and the naked eye can see it!!!

Outta likes ,but your right ,we were better,and with what weve added only gonna help matters.Shipley is solid

watching him on youtube Bay plays similar to Garcon actually runs just like him just Bay is bigger. Doesn't help him that Jason Campbell was throwing him the ball most of his career so far, but Satele would be reunited with an old teammate. Satele looked pretty good in Oakland on this tape.

I kind of like Nathan Palmer...he played WCO with Harnish at Northern Illinois.  

The goal of the WCO.....get the WR the ball to catch and run....here is a nice catch and run with the Niners.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000056937/Palmer-51-yard-touchdown-catch

Yes YAC is a big part of WCO and with Pep on board I expect him to atleast add some WCO this year and maybe a little more as year goes by.So as to bring everyone up to speed.

Reggie Wayne, Darrius Heyward-Bey on the outside, T.Y. Hilton in the slot, and either Griff Whalen or LaVon Brazill as the 4th wideout. Pretty good receiving corps, so nfl network said we are going to sign Heyward-Bey right? Didn't they say it is a forgone conclusion

Media says a lot of things lol.

This place was hot and bothered to draft him years back.

But the raiders really stretched and put him with mediocre at best QB's, and his career has been forgettable at best. Had we been able to draft him and put him with Manning, Garcon would have never become the star he did, and DHB would have become ten times what he has.

Sign him now.

I can give one really good reason. It killed our ability to build a decent defense for 10+ yrs.. Polian always had to sacrifice good defensive talent in order to keep Manning's weapons well stocked. The whole point of all this change with the Colts over the last yr. has been to build a much more balanced team. A good QB does not need the top notch WR's to succeed.

In this league to be Champs your gonna have to have that balance,and in all honesty our last SB win who put that game away?At the risk of stepping on toes was it PM ?NO!!!! And love the guy,but the D put that game away!

The days are RBs going that high are surely numbered unless they are a major outstanding talent. Too much injury risk for a position that depends a heck of a lot on the O Line in front. 

Absolutely, I have said for yrs. that RB is the most over rated position in football. The key to a good running game in a good O-line. Unless there are talents like Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, RB's IMO should never go in the 1st rd.. Even if they were at that talent level, I still wouldn't pick'em that high. Just my opinion, but I would rather go with RB by committee with a 2 or 3 back system. RB's are just too unreliable and injury prone.

Yes YAC is a big part of WCO and with Pep on board I expect him to atleast add some WCO this year and maybe a little more as year goes by.So as to bring everyone up to speed.

It is easier for a guy like Palmer to reacquaint himself to the offense than it is for Reggie to learn it.  I know Reggie will be fine, but I hope fans do not forget Palmer...the kid can run....love the video I posted.  Even the announcers thought he was a flyer. :thmup:

The days are RBs going that high are surely numbered unless they are a major outstanding talent. Too much injury risk for a position that depends a heck of a lot on the O Line in front. 

Even then I wouldn't draft a running back in the first round. The Browns could have taken Bruce Irvin, Quinton Coples, Shea McClellin, Chandler Jones, or Whitney Mercilus, rather than Trent Richardson (which would have included trading down and gathering another couple of picks). Then they could have saved $40m on Paul Kruger this year. Or they could have taken a playmaker at another position. The more you see guys like Alfred Morris having good years, the more it convinces me that running back is not a good value early in the draft.

Absolutely, I have said for yrs. that RB is the most over rated position in football. The key to a good running game in a good O-line. Unless there are talents like Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, RB's IMO should never go in the 1st rd.. Even if they were at that talent level, I still wouldn't pick'em that high. Just my opinion, but I would rather go with RB by committee with a 2 or 3 back system. RB's are just too unreliable and injury prone.

Heres to the old saying ,Wars are won in the trenches,this being the OL&DL

watching him on youtube Bay plays similar to Garcon actually runs just like him just Bay is bigger. Doesn't help him that Jason Campbell was throwing him the ball most of his career so far, but Satele would be reunited with an old teammate. Satele looked pretty good in Oakland on this tape.

Satele can go back and look good in Oakland .....and take his give-it-away- head-bob with him...  :)

He does run like Pierre.....will he drop his pen at contract signing like Garcon too?   :funny:

In this league to be Champs your gonna have to have that balance,and in all honesty our last SB win who put that game away?At the risk of stepping on toes was it PM ?NO!!!! And love the guy,but the D put that game away!

Right! It's not a coincidence that the one super bowl we won, was the one yr. that our defense finally decided to show up in the playoffs. That's why it drives me crazy when I hear people say we need to give Luck the weapons that Manning had, well, if we do that, I can guarantee them that our defense will suck again and there won't be playoff success in our future.

You definitely have to respect DHBs speed I just hope his hands can improve.  but being in a better organization with a better qb hopefully helps him develop into the wr that was expected when he was drafted.  Maybe we should also look at Brandon Lloyd hes a free agent now isnt he...

Right! It's not a coincidence that the one super bowl we won, was the one yr. that our defense finally decided to show up in the playoffs. That's why it drives me crazy when I hear people say we need to give Luck the weapons that Manning had, well, if we do that, I can guarantee them that our defense will suck again and there won't be playoff success in our future.

As I have said before....it is time to win games 37-0 or 27-10 instead of 43-40......It will be nice to not have a heart attack every Sunday!   :popcorn:  :spit:

As I have said before....it is time to win games 37-0 or 27-10 instead of 43-40......It will be nice to not have a heart attack every Sunday!   :popcorn:  :spit:

Exactly! Even if we don't add Bey, our weapons are fine as is and our defense is looking more formidable. I really feel like we are going to be very hard to run on this next season and teams are going to have to become one dimensional against us. If we force teams to throw the ball 40-50 times a game on us because they can't run the ball, we will force them into making mistakes. Gonna be fun to watch.

DHB will crush for us he has great hands speed and agility hes way better than donnie avery ever will be andhe has a crazy vertical jump and hes 6F2inches he would be are tallest WR on the roster

DHB's hands are anything but great. Punctuation would be nice too. Just saying!

If Bey can figure out how to catch with his hands and run better routes, he can be something. Still, I don't have the slightest problem with giving him a shot. If he legit wins a starting spot, great. If he ends up a backup, great. If he's back on the street, oh well. Don't see too much risk, as he was never known (to my knowledge) to be a locker room issue.

Patriots, Ravens, Texans. 

Not sold on the Ravens or Texans. Pats are always good even when they don't look good on paper. Ravens have added some good players on the defense, after losing 6 starters, but their secondary is pretty terrible right now on paper. We beat the Texans every yr. at least once and I think they've taken a step back this off season IMO.