Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB to visit Colts

ell_chrisso

Lol Blazer my friend we finally don't see exactly the same thing but that's ok,i believe he can learn just depends on him,dont really know what kind of personality he is tho

Yeah, thats ok. A lot does depend on his attitude and personality. If he is willing to put in the work and the time, then there is a chance he can revitalize his career.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free agent Darrius Heyward-Bey will visit the Colts.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Heyward-Bey could visit as early as Monday. It's DHB's first known looksee since getting cut loose by the Raiders. Heyward-Bey wouldn't be signed as a starter, but as a replacement for deep-threat Donnie Avery. DHB was always miscast as a starter in Oakland, but could thrive in a situational role where he's deployed to take the lid off of opposing defenses.

Related: Colts

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 25 - 8:25 AM

Rodgers is one of the guys I've had my eye on too. 

Skill-wise he's pretty similar to Reggie but has DHB's size....at 6'3" / 215.

According to scouting reports he's an excellent route-runner and fearless in catching the ball....along with good yards after catch.

If he can lay off the weed....he's a steal in the 3rd or 4th round.

Unfortunately....I have a feeling he'll get a "Janoris Jenkins" bounce into the 2nd round but we should be on the lookout for him if he doesn't.

I don't think DHB has recieved the coaching he needed. To learn how to play the position from a leader and Hall of Famer like Reggie would do

wonders for him. 

This would help him out alot.  Learning how to be a leader first and foremost and learning how to be a better route runner. 

Free agent Darrius Heyward-Bey will visit the Colts.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Heyward-Bey could visit as early as Monday. It's DHB's first known looksee since getting cut loose by the Raiders. Heyward-Bey wouldn't be signed as a starter, but as a replacement for deep-threat Donnie Avery. DHB was always miscast as a starter in Oakland, but could thrive in a situational role where he's deployed to take the lid off of opposing defenses.

Related: Colts

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 25 - 8:25 AM

Not a starter? Was Avery not a starter?

I should hope we don't pay a WR to be "situational."

He's Avery.2. Except he's better when he has the ball.

Just like Avery, that's the problem - catching the ball. Worth a shot.

Smonroe!  I had to dig into this......and I read down far enough so I did not step on your post.....Look at the stats...eerily similar to Avery except HB (Not Honey Badger  :spit: or Hanna Barbara :)) had concussion issues instead of knee.

I will leave it up to you guys on this one.  I am not thrilled....but will live with any decision by Grigs.....  I think we should look at Aaron Mellette late in draft to bring along....and build  by BPA  the rest....I do not think we are done on defense 1 and/or 3rd. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

http://www.rotoworld.com/stats/nfl/5093/darrius-heyward-bey

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AverDo00.htm

I don't see what all you guys have a problem with. Yes, in the past he's had drops, but he's also had bad quarterbacks. I mean come on. JaMarcus Russell, Carson Palmer, and Jason Campbell. Yes he had been a bust from his draft position, but 31 of the 32 teams had him as a second rounder. That is on Al Davis and his stupidity, not on him.

He could use a second chance. Look at Marshawn Lynch. That guy was written off in Buffalo, and then went to Seattle and became a top 10 running back in the league. Andrew Luck can do wonders for DHB. Besides, we will likely get him on a 1 to 2 year deal, and if he doesn't pan out, we will just let his deal expire and let him walk. You can never have too many weapons, and that doesn't make us not draft a receiver as well. I hope we pick up DHB.

I don't see what all you guys have a problem with. Yes, in the past she's had drops, but he's also had bad quarterbacks. I mean come on. JaMarcus Russell, Carson Palmer, and Jason Campbell. Yes he is been a bust from his draft position, but 31 of the 32 teams had him as a second rounder. That is on Al Davis and his stupidity, not on him.

He could use a second chance. Look at Marshawn Lynch. That guy was written off in Buffalo, and then went to Seattle and became a top 10 running back in the league. Andrew Luck can do wonders for DHB. Besides, we will likely get him on a 1 to 2 year deal, and if he doesn't pan out, we will just let his deal expire and let him walk. You can never have too many weapons, and that doesn't make us not draft a receiver as well. I hope we pick up DHB.

He also had stars like Matt Lienart and Terrelle Pryor throwing to him late last year.

I wouldn't have liked him for the vertical offense the Colts ran last year.  His hands always seemed to get worse the further he got downfield.  Where he can be a weapon is catching the short pass and racking up YAC with his speed and power in a west coast style offense.

I don't see what all you guys have a problem with. Yes, in the past he's had drops, but he's also had bad quarterbacks. I mean come on. JaMarcus Russell, Carson Palmer, and Jason Campbell. Yes he had been a bust from his draft position, but 31 of the 32 teams had him as a second rounder. That is on Al Davis and his stupidity, not on him.

agreed

The only problem I would have with this is the 1-2 year deal notion.  Personally, I'd like to see a fair deal go his way that gives the team the option to hang onto him for a few seasons.  IE - Lets say he blows it up this year with 70 catches, 1200 yds, and 10 TDs.  Negotiating is going to be extremely difficult for that next season.  Whereas now, his value is low.  If you can get him locked up for 3 years, and cut him in the 2nd year if he doesn't pan out, you've lost very little.  If you sign him for 1, you could be looking at trying to keep him when his value would be at an all time high.

Did you read the comments on this thread or just presume everyone was badmouthing him? Because the vast majority of posters are very much for bringing him in.

Did you read the comments on this thread or just presume everyone was badmouthing him? Because the vast majority of posters are very much for bringing him in.

I did. That was more towards the few that are adamant about not bringing him in, the ones who want to draft one instead.

He had almost 1000 yds receiving in 2011 on a bad team. Just because he hasn't become the star a first round pick is expected to be doesn't mean he's a bad player... He's young, experienced, and has proven he can be extremely productive...

Not only has he had a series of QB's he has had multiple Offensive systems and coaches