Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB to visit Colts

ell_chrisso

Probably won't be a top guard available when we pick and I don't ever recall any team ever picking a center with a 1st rd. pick.

What about the pouncey brothers? They were taken first. We could also go pass rusher

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't be a top guard available when we pick and I don't ever recall any team ever picking a center with a 1st rd. pick.

Right, 24 has to be a little high for G or C. Right now it may be BPA-QB or TE.

Heck, Lacy may be in the picture.

What about the pouncey brothers? They were taken first. We could also go pass rusher

Forgot about both of them honestly, but lets face it, there isn't a center in this draft that is even close to the talent of either of those guys.

Multiple reports have stated that the Colts are interested in DHB, and are planning his visit to Indi as early as today, Monday. I don't know if he's the "Big Fish" Irsay wanted so bad, but it looks like he's the guy we're probably going with. Thoughts? Sound off.

Name a FA that is young, tall and fast that is better? I don't see anyone close to his talent except maybe Brandon Lloyd as a free agent. Though it always comes down to money, I don't see us having much choice and we know DHB has not had teams approach him. I see this happening and happy for it. Luck could make my grandma look good. :thmup:

Another guy with years of NFL experience and still young.  The video showed good ways to use him.

The guy isn`t AJ Green but in the NFL they have to respect your speed.

Andrew slings a Nasty long ball, and I look forward to seeing him do that with whoever we add that can stretch the D.

The bigger body he has is a big deal regarding not fearing the hit after those intermediate catches. (Hilton/Avery)

There are a number of players on the roster we want to get a chance to be used and developed aren`t there?
 Gonna be a trying/exciting season for Pep and Andrew to figure out how to use all our weapons to consistently break down defenses.
 Caution, Andrew had a considerable accuracy issue in year one. With a new offense & co-ordinator bumps are coming.

But in Andrews year 3&4 - don`t be standing behind the door! :coltslogo: 

As per Schefter

@AdamSchefter: Maybe this is @JimIrsay's WR ... Former Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey is expected to visit Colts as early as today.

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay hinted last week that the team wasn't done with free-agent signings, suggesting that Indy was in the market for a wide receiver. They may have their man, as Darrius Heyward-Bey will visit the Colts on Monday night and Tuesday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21947886/mystery-solved-darrius-heyward-bey-reportedly-meeting-with-colts

Wayne, Hilton, maybe Heyward-Bey, Brazill, possibly Whalen? Fleener & Allen is a nice set of weapons. Could we possibly add more?

We haven't even signed Bey yet and you're already talking about adding more. Why are so many Colts fans obsessed with WR's? There are only so many roster spots, If we sign Bey, we don't need anymore.

We haven't even signed Bay yet and you're already talking about adding more. Why are so many Colts fans obsessed with WR's? There are only so many roster spots, If we sign Bay, we don't need anymore.

:funny: Lol my Friend we could survive just fine without him

Playing in Oakland, I'm pretty confident all he needs is a change in scenery to resurrect his careeer. Hopefully we are that change in scenery. A bigger Donnie Avery with way less drops would be golden, can't complain with adding a bigger weapon for Luck over Avery. And we all know if you visit the Colts Grigson doesn't let you leave without a deal

I'm warming up to this idea. He wasn't worthy of his draft status, and he isn't a number one option, but he could fit in the mix as another outside option. His numbers and catch rate were decent last year, and I'm assuming he wouldn't be getting a big deal (never know this offseason). This wouldn't affect any decisions in the draft, I don't think, but without a second rounder, it would be a good way for us to add depth at a position that's sort of a question mark right now.

Also, apparently Pep Hamilton wants to keep a lot of the vertical options in the offense, so DHB would replace and probably improve on the Avery threat from last season.

I say do it. I wouldn't have felt that way a week ago, by the way.

I'm warming up to this idea. He wasn't worthy of his draft status, and he isn't a number one option, but he could fit in the mix as another outside option. His numbers and catch rate were decent last year, and I'm assuming he wouldn't be getting a big deal (never know this offseason). This wouldn't affect any decisions in the draft, I don't think, but without a second rounder, it would be a good way for us to add depth at a position that's sort of a question mark right now.

Also, apparently Pep Hamilton wants to keep a lot of the vertical options in the offense, so DHB would replace and probably improve on the Avery threat from last season.

I say do it. I wouldn't have felt that way a week ago, by the way.

nicely put

The Browns did with Alex Mack a few years ago.

Ok, but my point still stands. Center's are rarely taken in the 1st rd.. There are exceptions for those who have very high talent, but there isn't a center in this yrs. draft that has great talent. We could easily get one in the 3rd or 4th rd.. I think people are dreaming though about drafting a center. I don't see Satele going anywhere and we already have Shipley and McGlynn who can play center. Probably be one of the last positions we'll be looking for unless there is one that is versatile and can also play guard.

Ok, but my point still stands. Center's are rarely taken in the 1st rd.. There are exceptions for those who have very high talent, but there isn't a center in this yrs. draft that has great talent. We could easily get one in the 3rd or 4th rd.. I think people are dreaming though about drafting a center. I don't see Satele going anywhere and we already have Shipley and McGlynn who can play center. Probably be one of the last positions we'll be looking for unless there is one that is versatile and can also play guard.

The ONLY way I would look at center is A Schwenke from California who played guard for 3 years, a Barrett Jones who plays all line positions, or Frederick...only if he gains his weight back!!   ;)

sign him, we need his size,speed,youth. would make a great #2 receiver because of those qualities, sure he needs to work on pass catching a little but considering who his qb's were up to this point and team he was on, coming to the colts would give him motivation with a winning team with playoffs in reach every year. his upside is "the skies the limit" imo on this team with our core players. who are defenses gonna cover,reggie,dhb,t.y.,allen,fleener plus the backups we got are pretty darn good for backups.

We haven't even signed Bey yet and you're already talking about adding more. Why are so many Colts fans obsessed with WR's? There are only so many roster spots, If we sign Bey, we don't need anymore.

Not I if you sit back and watch the games over the last decade the 2 TE sets and RBs have gained alot more attention from GBs.

The ONLY way I would look at center is A Schwenke from California who played guard for 3 years, a Barrett Jones who plays all line positions, or Frederick...only if he gains his weight back!!   ;)

I agree, I like Schwenke and Frederick(with added weight) over Jones though.

Jeff Saturday - Undrafted

Matt Birk - 6th round

John Sullivan - 6th round

Sprinkle in that most of the league has had most centers drafted between rounds 3-UDFA...

Was just givin' ya a hard time !

Matt Birk - 6th round

Sprinkle in that most of the league has had most centers drafted between rounds 3-UDFA...

Shipley was the best center in the nation the year he was drafted....7th....round.

To me, it's a simple question really, and it isn't whether he's the next Jerry Rice.  Its is he better than the person he's replacing?  Plain and simple.  And to me, he is. 

Of course, there is a part 2 to that question and that is the money we'll pay him, but I will trust Grigs to do the right thing.

Matt Birk - 6th round

I know. :D Center's are easy to find in the late rds. because they're just not highly valued, which has always been kind of weird IMO considering they handle every snap of the game. 

plus the people that are dhb signing haters need to remember its gonna b hard to find a guy like reggie to replace reggie cuz the guy is a hall of famer for sure and catches most everything-not many wr's are that great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sign him, we need his size,speed,youth. would make a great #2 receiver because of those qualities, sure he needs to work on pass catching a little but considering who his qb's were up to this point and team he was on, coming to the colts would give him motivation with a winning team with playoffs in reach every year. his upside is "the skies the limit" imo on this team with our core players. who are defenses gonna cover,reggie,dhb,t.y.,allen,fleener plus the backups we got are pretty darn good for backups.

People wonder why we keep looking at WR's.  Peyton had Marvin, Reggie, Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely at one time.  I see no reason why we shouldn't at least try to give Luck the same caliber of weapons.  That means staying on the lookout EVERY year.

Right on Brother would love to see this,and then why were at it cut Satele his walking papers :thmsup:

Right on Brother would love to see this,and then why were at it cut Satele his walking papers :thmsup:

I agree.  Grigson has done such a great job, yet I wish he would admit the one mistake....Satele.  We were without question better when Shipley was on the field.  Statistics proved it....and the naked eye can see it!!!

People wonder why we keep looking at WR's.  Peyton had Marvin, Reggie, Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokely at one time.  I see no reason why we shouldn't at least try to give Luck the same caliber of weapons.  That means staying on the lookout EVERY year.

I can give one really good reason. It killed our ability to build a decent defense for 10+ yrs.. Polian always had to sacrifice good defensive talent in order to keep Manning's weapons well stocked. The whole point of all this change with the Colts over the last yr. has been to build a much more balanced team. A good QB does not need the top notch WR's to succeed.