Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants co-owner Steve Tisch is bracing himself for a team to go after RFA Victor Cruz. Says someone will probably make an offer.

Gasp!

EDIT: There's more!

Edit2: Even more Added

Tisch said the Giants will go as far as they can to keep Victor Cruz. He added that a change of agents to Tom Condon is a positive step

Tisch also said he believes Cruz will command more than the $6M that other slot WRs Wes Welker and Danny Amendola got. #Condonsmile

Giants co-owner Steve Tisch is bracing himself for a team to go after RFA Victor Cruz. Says someone will probably make an offer.

Gasp!

Tisch said the Giants will go as far as they can to keep Victor Cruz. He added that a change of agents to Tom Condon is a positive step

Tisch also said he believes Cruz will command more than the $6M that other slot WRs Wes Welker and Danny Amendola got. #Condonsmile

:popcorn:  :drama:  :worthy:  :oops:  :mindblow:  :omg:  -omg-  :Yikes:  :hmm:

This whole thing is really pissing me off. I was almost sure a big trade was going down because I felt like Irsay wouldn't tweet so many times without it already discussed and agreed upon. Now, I'm checking every twitter post and football page anxiously waiting. This sucks. I really want something big to happen. I hope he didn't get our hopes up..

Gasp!

OMG YESS!

This whole thing is really ticking me off. I was almost sure a big trade was going down because I felt like Irsay wouldn't tweet so many times without it already discussed and agreed upon. Now, I'm checking every twitter post and football page anxiously waiting. This sucks. I really want something big to happen. I hope he didn't get our hopes up..

This is what you gotta expect man! Its gonna go back and fourth and constantly changing. I think something will happen eventually. Now whether its for Cruz or who we want I dont know.

Why are you cheering? This means Cruz isn't being traded doesn't it???

This guys can explain what he thinks is going on with the situation pretty well, we aren't sure yet if this is the Colts making the offer, it's all speculation and rumors at this point

Nick Ragsdale ‏@ColtsInsiders

My prediction? Cruz is the #Colts target but can't get him to sign the offer sheet. Wants more money but doesn't want to leave #Giants.

Cruz knows that if he signs the offer sheet their is a good chance the #Giants won't be able to match. Not sure he wants to leave. #Colts

Again, this is all speculation. Haven't heard this from anyone. It would make sense on how Irsay could think they were 'close'. #ColdFeet

This is what you gotta expect man! Its gonna go back and fourth and constantly changing. I think something will happen eventually. Now whether its for Cruz or who we want I dont know.

lol i wanted to say pi**ing and instead it said ticking haha

but yea i think im gonna log off of everything colts related and wait until a friend tells me any news. 

We don't have to trade. As long as we make an offer to him the Giants can't match.

Well we only have what $5-$12 million left. I think they could match that couldn't they? And I'm sure Cruz isn't really trying to leave NY unless someone is crazy enough to break the bank. For him

Yeah, he should probably hold off on the tweeting till its almost a done deal. But it sure if fun enjoyment!!

Jim used to do this a lot a couple of years ago, so I learned to pretty much ignore his drama after the 10th time.  (many were Jim and Peyton throwing darts at each other)

Well we only have what $5-$12 million left. I think they could match that couldn't they? And I'm sure Cruz isn't really trying to leave NY unless someone is crazy enough to break the bank. For him

They have barely any cap space. If we made an 8-9 million offer, they probably couldn't match.

This offseason reminds me of like the arms race between the soviets and us. It's like every team out there is trying to one up one another with the biggest splash. Every move has to be countered. First Seattle...then SF answers. Then Denver takes Welker and NE signs a slew of people. Miami and KC are throwing money at everyone (I actually like what KC has done) and we are like well we can't take a step back...now we got to make a run at someone...I know Denver and NE are the teams on top we have to try to beat but its like we are reacting...instead of following our own path.

Well if it's Cruz, and he doesn't want to play for the Colts, then frankly I don't want him here. There are other options,

I don't think that's the reason, he probably wants more money and he can't sign until tomorrow. If we could get him for the 7-10ish a year range it wouldn't be a bad deal. Mike and Percy got 12 a year and Cruz is a safer bet..

Well if it's Cruz, and he doesn't want to play for the Colts, then frankly I don't want him here. There are other options.

Couldn't have said it any better. Why get someone who doesn't wanna play for you?

You're basing this off of nothing but un-informed speculation from some guys twitter.

The Giants I see are kinda sitting like Pittsburg last year. They franchised Wallace and signed Brown. The Giants choose to resign Nicks instead of Cruz. They tendered him to keep him around for another year but I think one way or another they realize they can't keep both long term. With Reuben Randle and others in the fold....they made their choice. I think we land him....if he will sign. There are far worse teams he could end up with....especially some that could get him killed with their poor qb play.

Well if it's Cruz, and he doesn't want to play for the Colts, then frankly I don't want him here. There are other options.

Honestly that is the stupidest thing I've heard in this thread yet. Your HATING on a guy that is showing LOYALTY to his current team. He wants to roll with his team....he likes the system and doesn't want to opt out....however...he is on a rediculous poor contract. He needs to get paid...it has nothing to do with the Colts...it probably has everything to do with a guy...like Reggie that wants to remain with his teammates. If he is that loyal...to take less for his team..just imagine if we do sign him.......to me that is the kinda guy I would WANT! 

The real issue is that he just signed with a new agent and there is a waiting period before he can sign a new deal when that happens. Factor that with the fact that there is a draft pick compensation and the Giants might match the offer it isn't good enough..well we are taking our time with this. I would like this signing....not as much as getting Fitz...but that was probably never an option. 

Honestly that is the stupidest thing I've heard in this thread yet. Your HATING on a guy that is showing LOYALTY to his current team. He wants to roll with his team....he likes the system and doesn't want to opt out....however...he is on a rediculous poor contract. He needs to get paid...it has nothing to do with the Colts...it probably has everything to do with a guy...like Reggie that wants to remain with his teammates. If he is that loyal...to take less for his team..just imagine if we do sign him.......to me that is the kinda guy I would WANT!

The real issue is that he just signed with a new agent and there is a waiting period before he can sign a new deal when that happens. Factor that with the fact that there is a draft pick compensation and the Giants might match the offer it isn't good enough..well we are taking our time with this. I would like this signing....not as much as getting Fitz...but that was probably never an option.

"That's the stupidest thing I've heard"

^^^ That's taking direct shots at others opinion which I do believe is against forum rules if I'm not mistaken