Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

its offical/Ricky Jean Francois Signs Big Deal with Colts (confirmed)(merge)

Tyler Shaw

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this thread... really?

Rule #1 about FA. Teams overpay, that's how they land the talent they want.

We all knew that if that cap money just sat it would be long upcoming season. It's not like any of us are singing the checks anyway.

3 million, 5 million.. whatever..

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post

Bleacher report gets tons of views but I wouldn't print one of their articles to wipe with.

The Gazette isn't Bleacher Report.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of arguing this. Honestly, it isn't really anyone's business.

you guys pay too much attention to the money when deals can always be reconstructed "oh he's unproven" when you're sitting on the computer thinking you're an nfl scout if he doesn't show up in the season then you criticize as of now better to just hush and see what's going on

This is the funniest post I've ever read. His only positive is he improves the team? What was Grigson thinking?!

I know we've had our disagreements in the last few days but if I had any likes left I would definitely give you one here.

+1

"We're not moving fast enough in FA.....Irsay and Grigs are gonna miss out!" Auuuugh!!!!!

"We gave that FA way to much money!" Auggghh!!!!!

For what it's worth, teams dont get young FA that are (currently) starters for good financial deals. K? They can on occasion find a role or rotational player that becomes a starter. If you don't like the team spending that kind of money on an unproven starter, my suggestion would be to stop advocating for FA.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal argument

It's barely over 5 mil for crying out loud. This forum is getting comical with the feeding frenzy of whiny complaintents. One person says something bad and here come the sharks. This is a good signing and will help our D. I can't wait till nI Iext season when all these guys pan out and all the whiners are here acting like they knew it all along. Good grief!!!

funny, you seem to be whining and complaining more then anyone I've seen, how about you stop wasting your time telling everyone they're not a gm and acting like you know everything.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of arguing this. Honestly, it isn't really anyone's business.

If it isn't anyone's business why do you have it in your sig and try bragging about writing for them? You brought it up, not us.

I know we've had our disagreements in the last few days but if I had any likes left I would definitely give you one here.

+1

We're both opinionated, sometimes we'll be on the same side of the fence and sometimes the opposite.

funny, you seem to be whining and complaining more then anyone I've seen, how about you stop wasting your time telling everyone they're not a gm and acting like you know everything.

I think you'll find many that will disagree with you, but whatever makes the pain go away for ya.

Well it kind of is when you use the fact that you're a "journalist" to act like your opinion, scouting abilities, salary cap wisdom, talent evaluation etc are all superior to anyone else's.  I'm not saying that you do that on purpose, but it definitely comes across that way in your posts.  ;)

Also, just out of curiosity and since it hasn't been asked yet....are you actually a sports writer or do you perhaps write for one of the other sections of the Gazette?  Business?  Politics?  Science perhaps?  

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot

Well it kind of is when you use the fact that you're a "journalist" to act like your opinion, scouting abilities, salary cap wisdom, talent evaluation etc are all superior to anyone else's. I'm not saying that you do that on purpose, but it definitely comes across that way in your posts. ;)

Also, just out of curiosity and since it hasn't been asked yet....are you actually a sports writer or do you perhaps write for one of the other sections of the Gazette? Business? Politics? Science perhaps?

obituaries?

"We're not moving fast enough in FA.....Irsay and Grigs are gonna miss out!" Auuuugh!!!!!

"We gave that FA way to much money!" Auggghh!!!!!

For what it's worth, teams dont get young FA that are (currently) starters for good financial deals. K? They can on occasion find a role or rotational player that becomes a starter. If you don't like the team spending that kind of money on an unproven starter, my suggestion would be to stop advocating for FA.

That's the thing that irks me. An hour into FA the sky was falling and we were getting 'killed.' I am very happy with this off season but since these aren't the guys that Andy wanted they're no good and overpaid. Please.

But, this is the same guy that said we should draft Matthieu with a top ten pick before the season started, so what can you do.

Well it kind of is when you use the fact that you're a "journalist" to act like your opinion, scouting abilities, salary cap wisdom, talent evaluation etc are all superior to anyone else's.  I'm not saying that you do that on purpose, but it definitely comes across that way in your posts.   ;)

Also, just out of curiosity and since it hasn't been asked yet....are you actually a sports writer or do you perhaps write for one of the other sections of the Gazette?  Business?  Politics?  Science perhaps?  

Sports writer... newspaper column only now.

I contribute my thoughts to the business section, but it isn't anything.

Now, I am officially done talking about my Gazette journalism thingy. It rubs people the wrong way and I don't necessarily like talking about my personal life. 

Mercy!

S/N, I like this signing. But I liked every signing we've made so far so I guess that makes me stupid.

Go Colts.

me too. i think the fo has done a great job. I'm dumb

I'm not knocking the guy. I think he has the potential to help this defense out. Was it really worth giving a contract that puts in the top 8 for biggest on the team? I don't think so.

We're not even sure if he's starting.

I kind of agree that Walden, RJF and maybe even Toler and Cherilus got a little more than was necessary. This market is less expensive than I expected it to be, with Avril, Smith, Williams, etc., all signing for less than they were reportedly looking for.

But there's a difference between overpaying by tens of millions, and overpaying by a couple million. Guys like Kelvin Hayden were grossly overpaid, and it hurt the team. We're not talking about massive contracts that are going to weigh the team down if they don't pan out.

I think some Colts fans are a little unfamiliar with the cost of being players in free agency. Most of these contracts are going to be a little bloated.

When I said his FA class, I meant the people playing the same position. Obviously I wasn't comparing him to Wallace or Goldson. 

Okay... give me the other guys in his position and what they got paid. Are they scheme fits?

Just my opinion for the salary number. Didn't think people would take that too harshly. 

Good journalistic behavior involves avoiding the arbitrary.

DE is a big need, I never said it wasn't.

You said you wouldn't have signed him because it wasn't a need, how else would that be interpreted?

I did a lot of studying on this guy (like a journalist should), and I know this guy extremely well. I don't know what you mean when you expect more from me. I did what a journalist should do here. 

You say that about every single player who has ever been brought up here, frankly I don't believe you watch all this film you claim to.

I think you'll find many that will disagree with you, but whatever makes the pain go away for ya.

On the contrary, sir, i think think many people agree with me... Considering how many likes i got for that post. And pain? What pain? LOL

Sports writer... newspaper column only now.

I contribute my thoughts to the business section, but it isn't anything.

Now, I am officially done talking about my Gazette journalism thingy. It rubs people the wrong way and I don't necessarily like talking about my personal life.

thingy is a term i hear journalists use all the time

Okay... give me the other guys in his position and what they got paid. Are they scheme fits?

Good journalistic behavior involves avoiding the arbitrary.

You said you wouldn't have signed him because it wasn't a need, how else would that be interpreted?

Apologies.. you didn't put it like that as such, but you said you wouldn't spend that money based on need at DE, but the money is there to be spent, and that was arguably our biggest need, so point remains.

You say that about every single player who has ever been brought up here, frankly I don't believe you watch all this film you claim to.

On the contrary, sir, i think think many people agree with me... Considering how many likes i got for that post. And pain? What pain? LOL

Really??? you want to go by likes...OK, the comment you quoted me that I made now has 28 and counting likes. Yours, on the other hand has ZERO. Your math needs a little work too.

Update - 29

I kind of agree that Walden, RJF and maybe even Toler and Cherilus got a little more than was necessary. This market is less expensive than I expected it to be, with Avril, Smith, Williams, etc., all signing for less than they were reportedly looking for.

But there's a difference between overpaying by tens of millions, and overpaying by a couple million. Guys like Kelvin Hayden were grossly overpaid, and it hurt the team. We're not talking about massive contracts that are going to weigh the team down if they don't pan out.

I think some Colts fans are a little unfamiliar with the cost of being players in free agency. Most of these contracts are going to be a little bloated.

Good post Superman.....

We do not know where each is in terms of front or back load...minimum guarantee vs. max....We just see the numbers...I was a little disturbed by the guarantees on Cherilus...until I know more details, I am excited about this 48+ hours of activity.  We are a better football team, and we are not done. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

Balzer is without doubt one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum... he is one of the few who don't throw out opinions without solid basis. So I am afraid I must disagree.

Really??? you want to go by likes...OK, the comment you quoted me that I made now has 28 and counting likes. Yours, on the other hand has ZERO. Your math needs a little work too.

Update - 29

would have been thirty, but I'm all out

Update - 29

You mad bro?

Balzer is without doubt one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum... he is one of the few who don't throw out opinions without solid basis. So I am afraid I must disagree.

Thank you Anton. +1

There's a difference between being knowledgeable and just being a snob, I'm pretty knowledgeable too, i just don't go out of my way to belittle other posters

would have been thirty, but I'm all out

Thats ok. I don't really care about them that much although it's nice to be appreciated. :D I found it comical that trueblueblood thought they were liking his post though.

You mad bro?

No, not at all, but at least get your facts straight. If you don't even realize how the like feature works then how can we take your football knowledge seriously?

There's a difference between being knowledgeable and just being a snob, I'm pretty knowledgeable too, i just don't go out of my way to belittle other posters

But it's alright for you to belittle something you have very little knowledge about???

Bro, do you get along with anyone? Relax already. Gyolly.