Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden our Starter?

Dark Superman

Grigs must not have thought 5-6 years as a DE translated back to Avril's Purdue roots....or we would have had him!

Exactly. I know it's his old college position. But they must've felt he wasn't gonna get back to his roots like you said. I believe in them, they're cooking up something over in Indy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't beat out Hughes IMO, but he'll probably get the starting job anyway.

If he's worse than Hughes I hope Grigs and Pags can swallow their pride and cut him. No need to pay him what we are unless he is considerably better than we expect. Grigs has a lot riding on this. Heavy critisism that he just brushed off.

They may rotate on the left.....and also spell Mathis...unless a rookie by the name of Collins has something to say about it!  

Yep, I'm a big fan of trading back into the 2nd and grabbing Collins. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Oh you were on the phone while they were negotiating prices??

Not exactly. But I did hear plenty about his negotiations with Detroit. They didn't have the dough, which is why it never seemed like he'd stay there. And sure enough, he's gone.

Exactly. I know it's his old college position. But they must've felt he wasn't gonna get back to his roots like you said. I believe in them, they're cooking up something over in Indy

it is easier for Avril than say Freeney never playing it....bottom line is we got hammered from huge non-production for two 14 million years from a great number 93...Grigs was not going to let that happen to his fellow Boiler.  Shoot me if I am wrong here....no doubt in my mind.

it is easier for Avril than say Freeney never playing it....bottom line is we got hammered from huge non-production for two 14 million years from a great number 93...Grigs was not going to let that happen to his fellow Boiler. Shoot me if I am wrong here....no doubt in my mind.

Nope, you're absolutely right. I just can't wait for our next move. Hope it comes tomorrow

Pm Gavin, he seems to have film on every player in the NFL and most in the CFL.. lmao

NFL Rewind is pretty good, I actually can go back and watch every nfl game, besides I called it pretty dang good with Mcglynn and Justice and how pitiful they have been throughout there careers, so what did they do when they came here? helped turn Luck into a human pin cushion (which was not all there fault and Justice did slightly better then anticipated), Guess some people just cant handle someone with an opinion about how such and such player is not the next big thing and does not get all worked up over the littlest signing, Such as Thomas until proven otherwise.

Yep, I'm a big fan of trading back into the 2nd and grabbing Collins. You can never have too many pass rushers.

I am not scared to take him at 24 if MY BPA is not available (generic BPA)  Some mocks actually have Collins for us AT 24....I think he may be the best of the draft.

If he's worse than Hughes I hope Grigs and Pags can swallow their pride and cut him. No need to pay him what we are unless he is considerably better than we expect. Grigs has a lot riding on this. Heavy critisism that he just brushed off.

I would guess that's why the colts only guaranteed him 4m

NFL Rewind is pretty good, I actually can go back and watch every nfl game, besides I called it pretty dang good with Mcglynn and Justice and how pitiful they have been throughout there careers, so what did they do when they came here? helped turn Luck into a human pin cushion (which was not all there fault and Justice did slightly better then anticipated), Guess some people just cant handle someone with an opinion about how such and such player is not the next big thing and does not get all worked up over the littlest signing, Such as Thomas until proven otherwise.

Weren't u just claiming RT was the least of the colts Oline worries because of justice?

I think "timid" is a poor choice of words. I think more of "smart" when I think about it

I think "timid" seems accurate for what we know as of right now. Laron Landry walks into their build and they obviously want him, not to mention have more than enough cap space to make that happen and they fail to do so...seems like they are being too tight with the money. You have to pay for what you want, other teams are doing it (and getting valuable players) and thats why we are suck in the same place since yesterday. As of today we have signed 3 starters, one borderline starter and a back up with 43 million in cap space.

Weren't u just claiming RT was the least of the colts Oline worries because of justice?

It was not high on my list no, Corner Guard OLB and SS are all higher, Justice had a mixed bag last year, some bad, some good, could have kept him for depth, would not have minded if we stuck with him if we got better Guards

I think "timid" seems accurate for what we know as of right now. Laron Landry walks into their build and they obviously want him, not to mention have more than enough cap space to make that happen and they fail to do so...seems like they are being too tight with the money. You have to pay for what you want, other teams are doing it (and getting valuable players) and thats why we are suck in the same place since yesterday. As of today we have signed 3 starters, one borderline starter and a back up with 43 million in cap space.

Yes, cause paying $60 million to a "one trick" pony is the best way to ensure your team is a contender. Just look at the top teams, how many of them can you honestly say make "splashes" in FA? Don't worry....... I'll wait

I said it just before free agency kicked of and have said it a couple times since. I knew people were gonna be upset or supprised because they had thier minds wraped around us going after certian guys. I've learned to just expect the unexpected and don't get to set on anyone. Because they are just as liable to go a completely different direction then you were thinking or wanted. We all have guy we want and like obviously. I see the same type of thing happening with the draft too.

Yes, cause paying $60 million to a "one trick" pony is the best way to ensure your team is a contender. Just look at the top teams, how many of them can you honestly say make "splashes" in FA? Don't worry....... I'll wait

Denver.

Welker & Vasquez aren't "splashes". Yes it helps them (to an extent). Actually..... it really doesn't. Defense is what cost them the Playoffs, not offense. All they're doing is turning into the Packers if they keep this up

Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey were splashes.

I said it just before free agency kicked of and have said it a couple times since. I knew people were gonna be upset or supprised because they had thier minds wraped around us going after certian guys. I've learned to just expect the unexpected and don't get to set on anyone. Because they are just as liable to go a completely different direction then you were thinking or wanted. We all have guy we want and like obviously. I see the same type of thing happening with the draft too.

Man, it's gonna be WW3 in that chat room on draft day smh

Welker & Vasquez aren't "splashes". Yes it helps them (to an extent). Actually..... it really doesn't. Defense is what cost them the Playoffs, not offense. All they're doing is turning into the Packers if they keep this up

Spot on! Why spend money on offensive weapons when your QB can make chicken salad out of undrafted rookie chicken sh**?

I didn't mind the Vasquez signing though. I'm sure they want to make sure they keep the elder statesman upright. ;)

you dont have to wait long....lets see Seahawks, Broncos & 49ers..probably the three best teams even heading into FA. And the other top teams don't have close to the amount of cap space that we do...so how can you compare?

Spot on! Why spend money on offensive weapons when your QB can make chicken salad out of undrafted rookie chicken sh**?

I didn't mind the Vasquez signing though. I'm sure they want to make sure they keep the elder statesman upright. ;)

It bamboozled me too. Peyton will make any WR's good. He turned Thomas into a monster this year. Thomas was good when Tebow was there, but nothing like he is now

you dont have to wait long....lets see Seahawks, Broncos & 49ers..probably the three best teams even heading into FA. And the other top teams don't have close to the amount of cap space that we do...so how can you compare?

It's not about big names is what you're not understanding. It's more to football than being popular in the league.

It's not about big names is what you're not understanding. It's more to football than being popular in the league.

I'm not talking names...what are you talking about?? I'm talking about Talent! all of those teams added more Talent than us and you know it. Not to mention they were already better than us coming into FA..but you told me to name you some teams and thats what I did!

I'm not talking names...what are you talking about?? I'm talking about Talent! all of those teams added more Talent than us and you know it. Not to mention they were already better than us coming into FA..but you told me to name you some teams and thats what I did!

And we just signed "talent" too. Maybe not "known" talent, but upgraded what we had

But isn't the important thing that Grigson and Pagano think he can beat out Hughes??

I tend to to think about it in terms of production, Hughes gave us 4 sacks last year as a rotational OLB and 40 tackles, Waldens best year he started 15 of 16 games in 2011 and came away with only 60 tackles and 3 sacks, players are paid to produce of course, If you ask me Hughes got the shaft on this one, Grigs is saying, Hughes you had your best year in the first year as a stand up 3-4 DE/OLB but I dont care I am going to bring in a guy thats been doing that for the last 3 years none of which were as productive sack wise as yours was last year and start him, i really seriously have nothing against Walden, as a member of the Colts I hope he does great, history shows othersie however and seriously Hughes cant catch a break(and a backup needs that sometimes to get his shot to prove himself) he was stuck behind Freeney his entire career up till and is seemingly (at least according to what Walden thinks) will get stuck behind a player that had has a serious lack of production in now multiple years in a 3-4, Really Im not complaining, I hope both players do great for us but Walden was overpaid for what he has done so far

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 15, 2013 - personal spat
Hidden by shecolt, March 15, 2013 - personal spat

Who's freaking out? All I'm saying is we are being too tight with our money..and I don't like our strategy.

1) It ain't your money

2) It ain't your strategy