Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden our Starter?

Dark Superman

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god Walden shoulda bin had at about 1.5m he is nobody

How do you know what he's worth?  I'm curious, do you have some inside knowledge?

Here's an article from last year, apparently at least one person thought he was a somebody.  BTW, notice what he says the average starter OLB gets paid.

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-due-for-a-raise-jb7ilmb-178262421.html

I am upset we settled so quickly for Walden while Avril is just sitting on the market for the taking..

I've heard this complaint several times. I don't understand everyone's fascination with Cliff Avril. He wants $10 million per year first of all. And he's only played in a 4-3. For those who haven't noticed we don't run a 4-3 anymore. I have zero interest in Avril, much like Grigson and co.......and apparently a lot of other teams. That's the problem for Avril, he's worth 5.5-8 mill, but wants 10. That's why no one is biting.

How do you know what he's worth?  I'm curious, do you have some inside knowledge?

Here's an article from last year, apparently at least one person thought he was a somebody.  BTW, notice what he says the average starter OLB gets paid.

http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-due-for-a-raise-jb7ilmb-178262421.html

Now don't be throwing around logic so recklessly Smonroe. Over the last 2 days, I have become very disappointed in a big portion of our fan base. People making flat out ridiculous claims, saying some really stupid things about Grigson and the players we signed. You know people don't know what they are talking about when they are saying we need to or should have signed this guy or that guy and half the time they don't even know what position the players they are talking about plays.

I've heard this complaint several times. I don't understand everyone's fascination with Cliff Avril. He wants $10 million per year first of all. And he's only played in a 4-3. For those who haven't noticed we don't run a 4-3 anymore. I have zero interest in Avril, much like Grigson and co.......and apparently a lot of other teams. That's the problem for Avril, he's worth 5.5-8 mill, but wants 10. That's why no one is biting.

the seahawks just bit

I have been on this for 27 hours and 25 minutes.  Walden will have to beat Hughes out for the LOLB position since Mathis is going to the rush.

Hughes is good on the left, so Walden does not have this wrapped up.  Hughes is to me a better or equal pass rusher....Walden is a stay home seal the edge player....not a bad thing in stopping the run and containing.

As to articles, there is one very derogatory reference to Walden.  The rest were positive, and so were Scott Pioli and Sapp last night.  Pagano signed off on the way he "seals the edge."  That is what a LB HAS to do in a true 3-4!!!

Edited by BrentMc11

Then that tells you that Grigson didn't want him. If we don't snatch a player while they're there...... I believe Grigson & Pagano have a better plan

Grigs must not have thought 5-6 years as a DE translated back to Avril's Purdue roots....or we would have had him!

God, i hope not. But I'm sure grigs knows what he's doing

I used to agree. This Walden signing sucks though. He likes to beat his girlfriend. Look it up. I just don't appreciate that we suddenly are willing to sacrifice character for production. Add to that his production is debatable. But we paid him like he's proven something. Call me crazy, but I'd rather miss the playoffs than bring in guys like Walden. I hate that signing. The other 4 yesterday (5 counting Butler) were good though.

Now don't be throwing around logic so recklessly Smonroe. Over the last 2 days, I have become very disappointed in a big portion of our fan base. People making flat out ridiculous claims, saying some really stupid things about Grigson and the players we signed. You know people don't know what they are talking about. Some are saying we need to or should have signed this guy or that guy and half the time they don't even know what position the players they are talking about plays.

I don't claim to be any better informed than anyone else, and everyone has a right to their opinion.  I just get a little chafed when people make blanket statements with nothing to back it up.

This forum is for discussion, right?  Let's discuss it.  I someone doesn't think a guy is good or worth the money, give us a reason.

Balzar, we both need to just shrug it off and enjoy this no matter what people are saying.  I'll start now!

I don't claim to be any better informed than anyone else, and everyone has a right to their opinion.  I just get a little chafed when people make blanket statements with nothing to back it up.

This forum is for discussion, right?  Let's discuss it.  I someone doesn't think a guy is good or worth the money, give us a reason.

Balzar, we both need to just shrug it off and enjoy this no matter what people are saying.  I'll start now!

I agree. I had to log out for a while because the stupidity was becoming overwhelming.

Oh you were on the phone while they were negotiating prices??