Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Four Players.....

NewColtsFan

I like Thomas and Cherlus....not the enormous deal guys but freaking solid....Toler coming off a bad year but will hit and cover....did not know much about Walden. but Grigs must see some promise.  He was defensive player of the week....then again so was Cassius...why am I a Colt Vaughn  :spit:

Green Bay Packers

Walden was signed off the street by the Packers on October 31, 2010. Walden had his best game for the Packers on January 2, 2011 starting against the Chicago Bears. Walden led the team with 3 sacks and 16 tackles and was named NFC Defensive Player of the week. He finished the season with twenty tackles in 9 games (two starts). [3]

Engage Eight @EngageEight

Hearing that #Colts have agreed to terms with Cliff Avril, who will be making transition to 3-4 OLB. #FreeAgency #NFL

John Vogt retweetelte

Looks like we got viable upgrades at RT, G, OLB, and CB... that is a very productive day 1... I don't know how much we are paying these guys, so its hard to gauge how good the signings are, but from a pure monster-building perspective, looks like we are a SS and G away from filling all of the most gaping holes... we need another CB as well..

With Moala coming back, we might not need a DE as badly, either... maybe we go WR in round 1? t-h-u-d

Looks like we got viable upgrades at RT, G, OLB, and CB... that is a very productive day 1... I don't know how much we are paying these guys, so its hard to gauge how good the signings are, but from a pure monster-building perspective, looks like we are a SS and G away from filling all of the most gaping holes... we need another CB as well..

With Moala coming back, we might not need a DE as badly, either... maybe we go WR in round 1? t-h-u-d

I still don't see how we want to protect our QB...1OG+1OT... We have more needs there.

This draft class is loaded with STrong safeties apparently, some decent WRs too. We may not have to sign FAs to those positions.

I don't know how we didn't get Vasquez. We should have thrown money at him. But I guess he wanted to play for a contender because I'm pretty sure the broncos are going to the afc championship this year. I'm pretty happy with our FA so far. No big names besides Avril but good guys.

Well If we can get Laron Laundry on board that would be a solid day 1. Remember Grigs said he's not after the names. I see alot of these moves to give guys a chance and to create solid competition. That's what we want. But its looks like were gonna pulling in some starter quality guys as well. Were creating solid depth too which is something we really needed. Better to have 2 or 3 guys who can play the position solid than just have 1. Gotta expand our thinking here. Were taking a smart approach, not just forking out gobs of money because he's a big name player.

did we really sign Walden to a 4 year 16million contract... that seems insane! The staff must've really seen something special in him because I don't see how he could be worth that...

They do know alot more than us so there is a good chance they did. Well see.

From what I've scouted of Walden, he's garbage and a waste of money at that price.

The other signings, particularly on the O-line, I like. Thomas is my favorite of the bunch so far- very under the radar, but he'll step in and be a starter immediately for us. Played well in New England in his limited chances to start.