Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deji Karim not tendered.

Dark Superman

no one is gonna sign him so once we're done with our main FA targets, we'll probably offer him a contract

I agree we are just more focused on more important players.

now I wonder how active we will be once 4 pm rolls around.

I wouldn't have tendered him either. Deji is always sitting there when it's all said and done, you can always go back and pick him up later. That's been his story in the league so far it seems. I bet he'll find his way back on this team when it's all said and done.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, I likened him. Just saw it posted on Rotoworld.

I wouldn't mind Jacoby Jonea returning kicks for us.. Don't see him leaving Baltimore though.

Who will return our kickoffs now?

I was surprised that we did not try to keep Deji early in the offseason, but we could still bring him back later. He will be a league minimum guy.

Dang, I likened him. Just saw it posted on Rotoworld.

I wouldn't mind Jacoby Jonea returning kicks for us.. Don't see him leaving Baltimore though.

Who will return our kickoffs now?

The lowest tender would have paid him $1.323 Million.  He will be glad to work somewhere for the League Min. I bet.

I agree, sign him!

The three tender amounts for 2013 are as follows:

Tender amount      Compensation required

$2.879 million                First-round

$2.023 million             Second-round

$1.323 million          Determined by RFA's original draft status (see below)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Sure. It's possible that teams could have had boards that included many WRs as R1 grades, including Mitchell, and they just chose one over him.    But the "surefire first rounder until he was done dirty by rumors" doesn't track.    We know that AD ranked poorly in some advanced metrics (like yards per route run) that typically operate as requisites for successful NFL WRs (outliers are rare). We know what some team scouts had concerns from his Combine drills. And we know what happened at the draft.    And those comments that McGinn published weren't even his thoughts...they too were from NFL scouts.   Seems like the easiest and logical explanation is that teams had legit concerns (for multiple reasons) about AD and that, not rumors, is what pushed him down in the draft. But Destin seems to be spinning a couple of those concerns (that Ballard had addressed) to drive his narrative.
    • Thanks @TheNewGuy   You’re right, nothing new to us in the article.  But it’s nice to read anything from the national media about the Colts.     I for one love it that most of the talking heads rarely mention the Colts.  But I’m guessing that media coverage will increase exponentially as the season goes on!   (However, I was also very excited when we got Matt Ryan.  So I may not be the best prognosticator…)
    • But… they didn’t.  Banner #18!! This team has the potential to dominate for the next 4-5 seasons.  We will see what happens, but this was one of the best NBA teams of all time.
    • "I don’t see his seat being hot in that scenario at all."  Zero probability that we go 10-7 and make the playoffs and Ballard isn't once again considered by Irsay to being Great Great Great.   Two doesn't even mention real concern about our corners ability to cover one on one which is what happens ANYTIME we play single high.  Or lament our LB's coverage.  One thing is certain, our pass rush better be considerably more effective or we are at high risk of once again giving up a lot of big plays.  We desperately need Cross to play a whole Lotta snaps. 800+
    • Link to article   This guy likes what how Ballard has built the Colts. The Colts are far from being mediocre. JMO
  • Members

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 91

• mirobi48

mirobi48 156

• Boss7894

Boss7894 179

• CheezyColt

CheezyColt 910

• Shadow_Creek

Shadow_Creek 1,151

• Hoose