Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Has Nothing For Colts Haters

chad72

Seriously, what can the guy say? He knows we suck without Manning under center. This just goes to show what kind of team they have assembled around one of the greatest QB's of all time.

To put a team as lousy as this one along side Manning is just wasted opportunities for

more Super Bowl wins. These are wasted years and the window is closing rapidly.

It was 14-12 after 3 quarters.....we did defend

You are Mr. Optimistic and thats great, but you're forgetting who we played. Cleveland is one of the worst teams in football and they pretty much took us to the woodshed. We drove on them and then got shut down in the red zone everytime(except in garbage time)and Colt McCoy picked us apart by outsmarting our defense with slant passes that killed us. You know if we kept the score that close against even a half way decent team then there may be something to be optimistic about, but again, it was the Browns.

he has nothing for colts fans either but a horrible coaching staff who cant figure out how to cover a punt, pass/run block, and defend the run/pass.

Our run blocking was better than the Browns. We had more total yards, and more ypc. We can run block fine now. Never thought I'd say that...

Linkenbach is the major weakness in pass blocking. Collins has been pressured from his side non-stop. The rest is okay.

Our defense made good adjustments in the 2nd half against Houston, and was pretty solid against Cleveland all the way through. Special Teams coverage + Linkenbach = woeful times.

Re: Jim Irsay has Nothing ...

It's really hard when people <insert any Polian or coaches name here> you've relied on for years, have REALLY let you down. It's called lassez-faire (yep, that's French) management by the front office (and it only wins at losing -- kinda like Ron Meek's bend-don't-break pitiful defense).

Irsay is stuck. He can't do anything about it in the short term (several years). It doesn't seem to be a fundamental lack of individual player talent (but more talent is always better). I'm sure it's demoralizing for the players as it is for us fans. It certainly seems to be both strategic and tactical incompetence in building a high performing team. That's squarely on the front office, and maybe that's where the change needs to happen.

It's really hard when people <insert any Polian or coaches name here> you've relied on for years, have REALLY let you down. It's called lassez-faire (yep, that's French) management by the front office (and it only wins at losing -- kinda like Ron Meek's bend-don't-break pitiful defense).

Irsay is stuck. He can't do anything about it in the short term (several years). It doesn't seem to be a fundamental lack of individual player talent (but more talent is always better). I'm sure it's demoralizing for the players as it is for us fans. It certainly seems to be both strategic and tactical incompetence in building a high performing team. That's squarely on the front office, and maybe that's where the change needs to happen.

I agree.

Irsay has done his part.

He wrote the checks.

Can we finally just admit Polian hasn't been good for quite a while and his stubbornness won't allow him to change his philosophies at this point.It's amazing we got to two SB's but Manning is just that good at compensating.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Love Bortalini playung well. I wonder if we will get some play from Gonvlaves this year.   How does everyone think the line shakes out next year? I could see Kelly and Smith gone. I wonder if Kelly retires or goes to another team. 
    • If theirs is one thing in particular that is night and day with Ballard compared to Grigson, it’s his ability to draft good offensive lineman. Fries turned his career around and in his 1st game, Bortolini stood out. In the past 3 years he’s drafted Rainman, Fries, and Bortolini.   I’ve got my issues with Ballard when it comes to other things, but man can the guy draft some OL. We might have gotten our center of the future.
    • Good players make plays when the game is on the line. Like Reggie Wayne in the green bay game. One thing is for sure you don't  target a guy that has down next to nothing  all game when the game is on the line. That be as silly as when Taylor averages 8 yards a carry all game and with the game on the line and it being 3rd and 2 you substitute  him for a back who got stuffed at the line of scrimmage  all game. Every team has a go to guy. Brady had gronk and edleman Brees had Michael Thomas and Jimmy Graham. Stroud most dependable  target is nico Collins ect
    • It really was pretty wild to see the difference in AR to Flacco as it pertains to processing in live time.  They really are pretty much the opposite QB at this point in their careers, Like some have mentioned- AR is just unrefined in everything he does.  His reads are too quick, his footwork is too unsettled and he looks like a wild stallion in that pocket.  When he makes big plays it usually isn't because of the aforementioned traits, its because he can release the ball quick with superior velocity.    In Flacco you have a guy who makes perfectly settled, on rhythm reads, has solid and quiet footwork in the pocket and looks calm and collected out there. When he makes big plays its because of his veteran decision making within the construct of the offense. However, if that breaks down his chances of overcoming it are very slim. He won't run for the first down and his 40 year old arm (while still good and lightyears better than a 37 year old Matt Ryan's) is limited.  You could see the difference in his arm strength on the deep ball.  His float like a balloon and Richardson's are absolute ropes.    In theory, Flacco should be the perfect QB from a skillset standpoint to mentor Anthony on his weaknesses, and those seem to be Flacco's strengths.    Ultimately though, for every pass Joe has to throw in a game means less chance of Anthony developing.  He needs to be on the field.  Having Joe is nice if you are contending or in a playoff hunt, but having Joe on the field for meaningful time in week 4 was NOT and is NOT in the blueprint of what we are building.    A lot of people are complaining ad nauseum about Anthony and if he will ever get there- but nobody denies the upside that we've seen. I think the first step in his development is being able to hone down on what he needs to work on the most and I really think that stage is almost complete.  He will grind, and by week 8 lets have another conversation.  Injuries aside of course.  The kid needs to also learn the physicality of the NFL and had no time to sink his teeth into S and C last offseason.     
    • Who would have thought Mason Rudolph would come in for Will Levis? If Will Levis plays the whole game, Dolphins win, IMO.   Plus, Seahawks vs Lions, what a barn burner. Seahawks' D was minus 5 starters with 3 along the DL, the Lions ran on them like crazy, and Goff doesn't get touched, the kind of game he excels when pressure doesn't get to him. Seahawks did fight hard, was pleasantly surprised by Geno Smith, he has been a late bloomer, just like Sam Darnold now.
  • Members

• TrueBlue4ever

TrueBlue4ever 357

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,942

• jvan1973

jvan1973 11,406

• Lancer1

Lancer1 2,794

• krunk

krunk 8,752

• chad72