Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shocking / Louis Vasquez (merge)

MrNLM

I think we all would be a bit upset if Vasquez wasn't on the Colts' radar. I'm not sure if this report changes anything, but Vasquez is the right fit (age, skillset) and I hope we are willing to pay him.... I don't think San Diego can afford him and we have the scratch to make him a good deal...

I don't want to be "that guy" but if we fail to get Vasquez or Levitre it will constitute a "ball dropping" in my book... OG is our biggest need and these two are easily the best FAs available... I don't want to settle for Rex Hadnot...

but what if he agrees to a deal before we even have our chance to make our pitch?

If he and his agent know that the Colt's and their cap space are interested, you can count on the fact that he doesn't agree to anything until they get an offer from Indy.

His agent is there to make him as much money as possible, his agent makes more money when he makes more money (Agent takes a percentage of the contract.)  So if he can get a bidding war going over his player, he's going to.  

So if his agent knows at least Indy is interested, he would tell his client not to sign any deals with the Bolts until Indy has at least made an offer.  Especially when he know's Indy has all kinds of cap space and might be willing to pay his guy a premium to get him, cause they need a guards bad.

Only way the Chargers keep him without him hearing Indy's offer is by tagging him.  Cause no way does his agent let him pass up a bidding war for his services. 

I also agree, can't wait for free agency.  I want to hear this man signed with the Colts.