Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

you think mathis being named captain over freeney..........

CR91

I liked the choice of captains, all vocal leaders and role models in professionalism:

Luck

Wayne

Redding

Mathis

McAfee

All were great captains. Redding lead a lot of the pre-game Ravens style huddles, and what i saw of them he was great, an inspirational leader.

I liked the choice of captains, all vocal leaders and role models in professionalism:

Luck

Wayne

Redding

Mathis

McAfee

All were great captains. Redding lead a lot of the pre-game Ravens style huddles, and what i saw of them he was great, an inspirational leader.

And McAfee leads well, on land and in water......

Adam had been a captain in the past and was not this past year yet he is still on the roster.  I really don't think you can determine roster moves based on who is a captain and who is not. 

Normally captains are voted on by the team with that I said I am not 100% sure that is what happened this past year or not for the Colts because they were naming captains every week and then one week permanent captains were announced.  I am not sure if they were voted in by the players (I think they were) or selected by the staff based on who had been being voted on every week. 

With that all said Freeney has never struck me as a vocal leader like most captains are.  He is more of a lead by example guy.