Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens/49ers Super Bowl 47 game thread

Jules

Agree to agree to disagree. I will say this, you don't run an offense that's on the verge of breaking the post season offensive mark for scores without knowing what you're doing and executing it well.

Oh I definitely agree he is doing well right now. And he is much better suited as an OC.

I just don't think he's a world beater or anything lol.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All it's missing is a stripper pole. Congratulations Beyonce, you've set women back 50 years.

I find it.... amusing, that so many pretended to be offended by Janet Jackson's breast exposure but having Beyonce's crotch ground into our faces for 15 minutes is acceptable.

I'm really hating this halftime show honestly. Much more than I thought I would. And my expectations were pretty low.

So it's ok to break the rules so long as its for the championship?

I'd say the same thing if I saw Andrew Luck do the same thing.

Jeez...the ref is smart enough to know he doesn't need to inject himself in the outcome of a game. It's not exactly new for the refs to give players more leeway in the playoffs.

All it's missing is a stripper pole. Congratulations Beyonce, you've set women back 50 years. 

I find it.... amusing, that so many pretended to be offended by Janet Jackson's breast exposure but having Beyonce's crotch ground into our faces for 15 minutes is acceptable. 

Sadly, many female performers are similar in their approach....but I can't deny I like the eye candy.

I'm really hating this halftime show honestly. Much more than I thought I would. And my expectations were pretty low.

Yeah....the music isn't anything I'd normally listen to.

But I must admit....it beats the heck out of watching a 70 year-old Mick Jagger jump around in wrestling tights.

Jeez...the ref is smart enough to know he doesn't need to inject himself in the outcome of a game. It's not exactly new for the refs to give players more leeway in the playoffs.

I hardly think I'm the one being unreasonable for saying you can't push a referee in a game.

Actions have consequences.

Like spygate, way overblown, but they have no one to blame but themselves

I agree. Way overblown. The reason I asked is because of an article that I read at one point in which they talked to the refs of the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game. If you recall, Favre took a beating in that game. The refs discussed how there were several instances throughout that game where they normally would have called a late hit on the QB, but they didn't make the call because they had just called a late hit or roughing or something of that nature on the previous play and they didn't want the game to be decided by officiating. Or in fan speak, they wanted to let them play. There is a perception by the public that if the refs call a lot of penalties then they are influencing the game (regardless of whether or not the penalties are legitimate), and the refs are sensitive to that public perception. They don't want to influence the game. They don't want the water cooler talk the next day to be that the refs decided the game with penalties. The irony, though, is that not calling legitimate penalties also influences the game. Players get away with things that they are not supposed to be able to do....and those things can add up and make a difference. You could argue that the late hits that the Saints put on Favre throughout the NFC Championship game ultimately got them the win. The reason they were able to benefit from those late hits was because they were not being penalized as they should have been. However, nobody really talked about that after the game. All the talk was about how the Saints were just more physical than the Vikings. If the refs had called the legitimate penalties in that game, though, there would have been accusations that the refs decided the games with penalties.

Apparently female singers aren't very good unless they take their pants off. This is disgusting. 

I have seen Carrie Underwood live. I can tell you there is a woman who can not only sing but not have to strip down to entertain you. She was amazing.

I love me some Carrie. She wears amazing clothes but nothing that looks like lingerie.

I agree. Way overblown. The reason I asked is because of an article that I read at one point in which they talked to the refs of the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game. If you recall, Favre took a beating in that game. The refs discussed how there were several instances throughout that game where they normally would have called a late hit on the QB, but they didn't make the call because they had just called a late hit or roughing or something of that nature on the previous play and they didn't want the game to be decided by officiating. Or in fan speak, they wanted to let them play. There is a perception by the public that if the refs call a lot of penalties then they are influencing the game (regardless of whether or not the penalties are legitimate), and the refs are sensitive to that public perception. They don't want to influence the game. They don't want the water cooler talk the next day to be that the refs decided the game with penalties. The irony, though, is that not calling legitimate penalties also influences the game. Players get away with things that they are not supposed to be able to do....and those things can add up and make a difference. You could argue that the late hits that the Saints put on Favre throughout the NFC Championship game ultimately got them the win. The reason they were able to benefit from those late hits was because they were not being penalized as they should have been. However, nobody really talked about that after the game. All the talk was about how the Saints were just more physical than the Vikings. If the refs had called the legitimate penalties in that game, though, there would have been accusations that the refs decided the games with penalties.

In that case it should have been called because that was actual play on the field....not some ill shove Ina scrum that didn't a affect the play on the field

You are watching a game where people try to intentionally hurt one another....guess that doesn't bother your moral compass

I'm pretty sure the point of this game is for one team to move an oblong-shaped ball 100 yards as many times as they can while another team tries to stop them. Must have missed the part in my years of playing that I was supposed to hurt people.

You're not the instructor for the Cobra Kai Dojo are you?

I'm pretty sure the point of this game is for one team to move an oblong-shaped ball 100 yards as many times as they can while another team tries to stop them. Must have missed the part in my years of playing that I was supposed to hurt people.

You're not the instructor for the Cobra Kai Dojo are you?

If u don't think nfl players try to hurt the opposition you are incredibly naive