Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens/49ers Super Bowl 47 game thread

Jules

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say he runs out of the pocket, the rules change for hitting a QB, which is true.

Yes, that is true. The rules for hitting a QB change once the QB leaves the pocket.

You say nope be was out of bounds which means something different.

I said no such thing. I said...

I fully understand that there are different rules for hitting a QB once he leaves the pocket, but those different rules have absolutely no relevence as to whether or not he was hit out of bounds.

I say you can't be out of bounds without being out of the pocket. You say you can't be out of the pocket without being out of bounds.

Again, no. I didn't say that. If I did say that then I made a mistake and mixed up my words. You can certainly be out of the pocket and not be out of bounds.

I say same difference.

Except it's not. If you are out of bounds, then you are definitely out of the pocket. If you are out of the pocket, you are not necessarily out of bounds. It's not the same.

You say you can't teach me anything...

When you say...

So if you're out of bounds you're out of the pocket? I'm not following...

...as if you don't understand the statement, I don't know any way to reword it to make it more clear. If you're out of bounds, you're out of the pocket. How do I reword that in a way that clarifies it? I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk.

And most of it is irrelevent, anyway. This has nothing to do with whether he was in or out of the pocket and everything to do with whether or not he was hit out of bounds. The rules for hitting a player out of bounds have nothing to do with whether the player is in or out of the pocket. Heck, the rules for hitting a player out of bounds don't even have anything to do with whether or not the player is a QB. For somebody that chose to belittle me by "using small words so I could understand," I seem to be having a very difficult time stating this in a way that you even understand what I'm trying to say.....let alone agree or disagree with it.....and I've stated it several times now in several different ways.

I don't recall which game...?

2003 Patriots. Walt Coleman let them get away with bloody murder.

We then got killed by the D of the decade 2004 Patriots in a blizzard the following season. They just flat out kicked our cans and Manning choked hard. We scored a whopping 3 points that game.

There was also the Saints Superbowl.

Ref: "Blue ball blue ball."

*Hank Baskett lets it go*

Ref: "White ball!"

Everyone watching around the world: "How is that even possible? Hank Baskett clearly fell on it..."

Although that was really only one blown call, it set the pace for the rest of the game. Still, one bad call was nothing VS the atrocity of 2003.

We've gotten a phantom PI or two ourselves in the past, but never an entire game of garbage calls or non calls in our favor like Patriots 2003 or Ravens VS Denver and SF this season.

The most obvious favoritsm we ever received was the 2005 Steelers playoff game where Polamalu got an INT, then fumbled and PIT recovered. It was ruled an INT and fumble, BUT through the powers of NFL wallets was overturned to an incomplete pass. PIT eventually won anyway thanks to Vandershank and the fact one of our player's wives opted to stab him in the ankle so he failed hard on Bettis' fumble and got tackled by ROETHLISBERGER of all people. We deserved to lose that game and found ways to do so.

2003 Patriots. Walt Coleman let them get away with bloody murder.

We then got killed by the D of the decade 2004 Patriots in a blizzard the following season. They just flat out kicked our cans and Manning choked hard. We scored a whopping 3 points that game.

I don't recall.....j/k.  I believe along with the Pittsburgh loss in 2004....that game memory has been removed from my brain......

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now