Its near end of the article

The Injury Reports

Indianapolis Colts

Player Name Injury (Status)

Peyton Manning Neck (OUT)

Gary Brackett Personal (PROBABLE)

Austin Collie Foot (PROBABLE)

Antoine Bethea Hamstring (PROBABLE)

Anthony Gonzalez Hamstring (QUESTIONABLE)

Blair White Back (QUESTIONABLE)

Houston Texans

Player Name Injury (Status)

CB Roc Carmichael Shoulder (QUESTIONABLE)

RB Arian Foster Hamstring (QUESTIONABLE)

MLB Mario Williams Groin/Achilles (PROBABLE)

SS Grover Quin Head (PROBABLE)

ILB Demeco Ryans Elbow/Ankle (PROBABLE)

G Antoine Caldwell Ankle (PROBABLE)

OLB Brooks Reed Wrist (PROBABLE)

NT Earl Mitchell Knee (PROBABLE)

LS Jon Weeks Ankle (PROBABLE)

My link

It would seem Gonzo is too fragile to play NFL football. What a waste of a first round pick. Can't blame Polian because the kid has talent galore, but when was the last time we could count on him to be there for us?

So who do you blame then? Polian gets the kudos for the great picks, surely he gets the blame for the busts? cant have it both ways......

Also, a bit early to count him out just yet.

So who do you blame then? Polian gets the kudos for the great picks, surely he gets the blame for the busts? cant have it both ways......

While their talent, drive, intelligence and innate athleticism can be gauged, measured and timed, their susceptibility to injury cannot so easily be guessed. Many of the best "steals" in the draft over the years are a result of college injury. Nothing drops a players stock faster than consistent injury, and when precursors to this phenomenon are seen in college, scouts reel back.

As far as I know, Gonzo was never injured in college. Therefor, Polian didn't take a risk on him from a health standpoint.

I do not think an oft injured player can be considered a bust in a typical sense.

Sometimes your dislike of Polian takes completely away from rational thought.

Gonzo was not injured in college. There was no evidence that he would be as injury prone as he has proven to be the last 2 years. On top of that, he was very productive in his first two years. You can knock on Polian for Hughes, Brown, Ugoh but the Gonzo thing is off base. I don't think a player can labeled a bust if it is injuries that keep him off the field.

Well, concerning Gonzo, my understanding is that his current issue is merely a hammy strain. It's not like he wrecked his knee again or some other severe ailment, so hopefully he only has to have another week or so of getting the strain worked out and then he will return 100% healthy.

Note, I am not trying to sugar coat things regarding Gonzo, as honestly, I am not much of a fan, but he has talent and the Colts are going to need pretty much everybody to step up, perform, and stay healthy. For the Colts to have a chance this year without Manning, the receiving corps is going to have to get and stay healthy and perform like never before. Gonzo can be an important piece in that puzzle, so here's hoping that he can be 100% healthy within the next two weeks.

Make or break time for Gonzo, though ... and he knows it!

My bigger concern is the health of Collie. He is so needed, but I hope not being rushed back prematurely.

Well, concerning Gonzo, my understanding is that his current issue is merely a hammy strain. It's not like he wrecked his knee again or some other severe ailment, so hopefully he only has to have another week or so of getting the strain worked out and then he will return 100% healthy.

Note, I am not trying to sugar coat things regarding Gonzo, as honestly, I am not much of a fan, but he has talent and the Colts are going to need pretty much everybody to step up, perform, and stay healthy. For the Colts to have a chance this year without Manning, the receiving corps is going to have to get and stay healthy and perform like never before. Gonzo can be an important piece in that puzzle, so here's hoping that he can be 100% healthy within the next two weeks.

Make or break time for Gonzo, though ... and he knows it!

My bigger concern is the health of Collie. He is so needed, but I hope not being rushed back prematurely.

Collie if needed could of played as early as the Green Bay preseason game but of course he wasn't needed. Gonzo on the other hand does have a little bit more of a serious injury and needs some time. If he can't give it a go this week, he in all likelyhood should be ready for next weeks game. Wr core has to step it up big time this year.

Sometimes your dislike of Polian takes completely away from rational thought.

Gonzo was not injured in college. There was no evidence that he would be as injury prone as he has proven to be the last 2 years. On top of that, he was very productive in his first two years. You can knock on Polian for Hughes, Brown, Ugoh but the Gonzo thing is off base. I don't think a player can labeled a bust if it is injuries that keep him off the field.

In a business that lives off end results, I somewhat disagree with you. Your premise is quite right of course, but the irrational sychophantic praising of a GM (any GM) who wins because of his great drafting, but is then protected form his failures when he drafts poorly is what irritates me. I don't dislike Polian, I just believe his input into this franchise is wildly over-rated, and he has been a disaster on many fronts for the last 5 years or so.

The arguments on this forum which continue to keep Bill on a pedastal are cherry picked in the same manner as our friendly Patriots fans use to hold Brady in higher esteem than #18.

In a business that lives off end results, I somewhat disagree with you. Your premise is quite right of course, but the irrational sychophantic praising of a GM (any GM) who wins because of his great drafting, but is then protected form his failures when he drafts poorly is what irritates me. I don't dislike Polian, I just believe his input into this franchise is wildly over-rated, and he has been a disaster on many fronts for the last 5 years or so.

The arguments on this forum which continue to keep Bill on a pedastal are cherry picked in the same manner as our friendly Patriots fans use to hold Brady in higher esteem than #18.

I am talking specifically about Gonzo - calling him a bust simply is not accurate. I am not cherry picking anything.

By you commenting on Gonzo as a bust - aren't you cherry picking yourself by finding a player who, for whatever the reason, has not been able to help the team as anyone would have hoped. I mean aren't you selecting a player to support your belief that Polian is not all that any longer?

I am talking specifically about Gonzo - calling him a bust simply is not accurate. I am not cherry picking anything.

By you commenting on Gonzo as a bust - aren't you cherry picking yourself by finding a player who, for whatever the reason, has not been able to help the team as anyone would have hoped. I mean aren't you selecting a player to support your belief that Polian is not all that any longer?

I don't need to cherry pick to show Polian's failures since 2007. Really, I don't, the facts are there for all to see. And you are cherry picking.

a bite early to count him out????????? What games have you been watching Gonzalez has not been preforming in the past TWO years.... He is a bust and so far brown and hugh are about to get on the same rollar coaster. Why we take Brown and Hughes in the first place is beyond me. We should have gone DT and a freaking Lineman

a bite early to count him out????????? What games have you been watching Gonzalez has not been preforming in the past TWO years.... He is a bust and so far brown and hugh are about to get on the same rollar coaster. Why we take Brown and Hughes in the first place is beyond me. We should have gone DT and a freaking Lineman

What part of his early plays are you ignoring? He's got a hammy. Are you slammin' Peyton for being a girl? If he doesn't make it this year, then fine, but don't call time out on a friggin week one hammy.

You know...the old philosophy is it doesnt matter how talented you are...if you cant stay on the field, how can you help a team? Gonzalez has a ton of talent but he's so injury prone, the wind blows wrong and hes injured. I say cut your loses with Mr. Glass and get somebody who will be on the field!

In this game i would rather see Pat in the middle more than Brackett, doesnt Brackett have like two yrs left on his contract or something?

They will be on the field together, I think Angerer is more or less a LOLB until Bracket is retired, but plays MLB in " junk" time. I don't think there's going to be any junk time this year.