Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Run Focus: Should Colts Mimic Pittsburgh?

Coltsman1788

Interesting article on this below. I have seen a few posters suggesting that we will convert to a running team while Manning is out. Do you think that is the way to go? Is it even possible with our personnel on the O-Line?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821ff2db/article/colts-must-mimic-steelers-in-order-to-survive-without-manning

Well, the Colts have been trying to establish a credible running game for the past few years. Now I think they will be forced to do it. The Colts might be better off in the long run. You never know. If we establish a good running game now (because we have to) and them Peyton comes back and then look out!

we dont have the type of defense or running game to copy what pitt did

Interesting point about our defense. They have always been a bend but don't break unit. Giving up field goals was considered our way of stopping opposing teams because we had Peyton on our sidelines ready to retaliate. Now points will come at a premium and they absolutely must find a way to get off the field more often on 3rd down.

Guest BlueShoe

Interesting article on this below. I have seen a few posters suggesting that we will convert to a running team while Manning is out. Do you think that is the way to go? Is it even possible with our personnel on the O-Line?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821ff2db/article/colts-must-mimic-steelers-in-order-to-survive-without-manning

We're not Pittsburgh. We aren't built that way.

Guest BlueShoe

Evidently you dont have to be built like anything, look at the oh so mighty texans 3-4 defense... ppl are saying how they are gonna be awesome.

Wade Phillips is a proven defensive genius in this league. His 3-4 defenses has given us fits many times over the years.

Houston is only going to get better and better. The good news is that Wade Phillips will likely get another head coaching job down the road, but he will leave his mark on the Texans and we will have to deal with that for several years to come.

Wade Phillips is a proven defensive genius in this league. His 3-4 defenses has given us fits many times over the years.

Houston is only going to get better and better. The good news is that Wade Phillips will likely get another head coaching job down the road, but he will leave his mark on the Texans and we will have to deal with that for several years to come.

Yea a genius with the right players, the texans arent built to have a 3-4 defense and they will soon find out when teams try to throw the ball on them.

Colts have Edlridge, Clark, & big strong physical OL which looked pretty fairing terms of run blocking in the preseason with the exception of Brown running into them, a monster RB who has potential to move the pile and the new Colts FB Chris Gronkowski.

For some reason I dont feel to worried about them NOT being able to run the ball.

Wade is a very good DC, but proven genius' don't coach for Jerry Jones.

Anyway, they're converting to a 3-4 and that usually takes time to establish, and get the right personnel.

Another thing. Wade could very well be the next Texans HC.

Colts have Edlridge, Clark, & big strong physical OL which looked pretty fair in terms of run blocking in the preseason with the exception of Brown running into them, a monster RB who has potential to move the pile and the new Colts FB Chris Gronkowski.

For some reason I dont feel to worried about them NOT being able to run the ball.

Guest BlueShoe

Yea a genius with the right players, the texans arent built to have a 3-4 defense and they will soon find out when teams try to throw the ball on them.

They drafted JJ Watt and Brooks Reed. They made the perfect moves to change the defense to a 3-4.

JJ Watt has the skills to be a very dominating player in this league for years to come and Brooks Reed is a Mathews clone.

The Texans did everything right!

Guest BlueShoe

Wade is a very good DC, but proven genius' don't coach for Jerry Jones.

Anyway, they're converting to a 3-4 and that usually takes time to establish, and get the right personnel.

Another thing. Wade could very well be the next Texans HC.

I don't see it taking them any time at all to be successful with the 3-4 and then they will only get better. They ripped the draft apart and when we look back on it they may have landed two pro bowlers in Watt and Reed.

They drafted JJ Watt and Brooks Reed. They made the perfect moves to change the defense to a 3-4.

JJ Watt has the skills to be a very dominating player in this league for years to come and Brooks Reed is a Mathews clone.

The Texans did everything right!

Not knocking those players but they will be man handled come wk one, those guys arent NFL tough yet if you think two rookies are gonna turn a 4-3 into a 3-4 just like that then you are sorely mistaken.

Guest BlueShoe

Not knocking those players but they will be man handled come wk one, those guys arent NFL tough yet if you think two rookies are gonna turn a 4-3 into a 3-4 just like that then you are sorely mistaken.

The Texans already had some good players on defense to begin with. And do you really believe that JJ Watt is not NFL ready? Wow. He is one of the most impressive defensive lineman that I have seen come out of college in quite some time.

I can't believe I having to tout the Texans horn here, but you are way underestimating the Texans defense.

The Texans already had some good players on defense to begin with. And do you really believe that JJ Watt is not NFL ready? Wow. He is one of the most impressive defensive lineman that I have seen come out of college in quite some time.

I can't believe I having to tout the Texans horn here, but you are way underestimating the Texans defense.

Ryan Leaf was one of the most impressive QBs coming out of college in '98.

Let us allow the kids to play first, before we go crowning their Keesters.

Im not underestimating, when you put a huge 6'7 280+ pound guy to stand up in the 3-4 ummm yea i would say your pushing it. Williams is better with his hands on the ground. Just like the giants when they converted i believe it was mathias kiwanuka who had trouble standing up in the 3-4, All im saying is the texans will get gashed this season, they already had a susceptible defense last year. We'll see what Watt has, if nevis can do it im sure he can as well.

Guest BlueShoe

Ryan Leaf was one of the most impressive QBs coming out of college in '98.

Let us allow the kids to play first, before we go crowning their Keesters.

This kid has gotten rave reviews this off-season, and on top of that in my opinion, he was the best quarterback in this entire draft. I follow the draft very close and have been very impressed with him for quite some time now.

Everyone has to show up and do it, but just because Houston drafted David Carr and he failed, well that has nothing to do with Blaine Gabbert. That last statement was pretty much the jist of what the other poster and I have been talking about here; not necessarily directed at you, unless you actually agree with him.

Guest BlueShoe

Im not underestimating, when you put a huge 6'7 280+ pound guy to stand up in the 3-4 ummm yea i would say your pushing it. Williams is better with his hands on the ground. Just like the giants when they converted i believe it was mathias kiwanuka who had trouble standing up in the 3-4, All im saying is the texans will get gashed this season, they already had a susceptible defense last year. We'll see what Watt has, if nevis can do it im sure he can as well.

Since when did 3-4 ends have to be 300 pounds? Many of them are 280+.

Watt has talent and will do great in the 3-4. He played a 3-4 in college and he will likely make an easy transition into the NFL. This guys work ethic mirrors Peyton's. Yes he wants to be great that much.

You are seriously underestimating Watt and the entire Texans defense.

Since when did 3-4 ends have to be 300 pounds? Many of them are 280+.

Watt has talent and will do great in the 3-4. He played a 3-4 in college and he will likely make an easy transition into the NFL. This guys work ethic mirrors Peyton's. Yes he wants to be great that much.

You are seriously underestimating Watt and the entire Texans defense.

see i dont think you get it mate, Williams is gonna be a LB not a DE the guy is gonna be targeted like the bulls eye target on kim kardashians sweat pants. Im definitely excited that the colts are playing them cause i believe they are gonna be exposed big time and if peyton was playing boy would they look bad..

Guest BlueShoe

see i dont think you get it mate, Williams is gonna be a LB not a DE the guy is gonna be targeted like the bulls eye target on kim kardashians sweat pants. Im definitely excited that the colts are playing them cause i believe they are gonna be exposed big time and if peyton was playing boy would they look bad..

I do get it! However, I think you may be missing some very valid points because of Colts bias and Texans hatred. I do understand why you would be that way.

That being said, Mario Williams is the only question mark on that defense right now and he is a great player. He may not fit that scheme well, but he also might. We as Colts fans are hoping that he doesn't. Now it's not like you are the first one to bring up Williams and how he fits into the Texans 3-4. That has been talked about ever since the Texans hired Wade Phillips. Williams at LB is an old conversation that has been rehashed several times.

The Texans have enough talent on that defense to be successful with or without Williams and they are going to give us fits with or without Peyton.

I do get it! However, I think you may be missing some very valid points because of Colts bias and Texans hatred. I do understand why you would be that way.

That being said, Mario Williams is the only question mark on that defense right now and he is a great player. He may not fit that scheme well, but he also might. We as Colts fans are hoping that he doesn't. Now it's not like you are the first one to bring up Williams and how he fits into the Texans 3-4. That has been talked about ever since the Texans hired Wade Phillips. Williams at LB is an old conversation that has been rehashed several times.

The Texans have enough talent on that defense to be successful with or without Williams and they are going to give us fits with or without Peyton.

Let me make it simple, the texans will not be succesful with their 3-4 conversion this year, they will be exposed. This is not bias talking and why should i hate the texans the colts beat them almost every time anyway if anything i pity them.... NOT. Ryans is a bit undersized to play the 3-4 as well, these players are used to be playing in the 4-3. And really and truly Wade is gonna make little difference over there, he didnt have the greatest defense in the cowboys either sooo yea.

Guest BlueShoe

Let me make it simple, the texans will not be succesful with their 3-4 conversion this year, they will be exposed. This is not bias talking and why should i hate the texans the colts beat them almost every time anyway if anything i pity them.... NOT. Ryans is a bit undersized to play the 3-4 as well, these players are used to be playing in the 4-3. And really and truly Wade is gonna make little difference over there, he didnt have the greatest defense in the cowboys either sooo yea.

Well my crystal ball sees things differently. Wade Phillips has proven success with the 3-4 and they have some great pieces to make it work early, in my opinion.

I believe you are going to be very disappointed with just how good the Texans defense will be this year and for many years to come.

Indy's running game and defense isn't as strong as Pittsburgh, but Collins is still a solid QB. They make it seem like we have a high school kid player QB for us and we are forced to run on every play. Collins can still throw the ball well

True. I think we will run more and picking up a FB indicates that, but Collins can still pass well. I think we'll play .500 ball until Peyton gets back.

The players don't like being told they have no chance without Peyton, so they'll step it up.

Well my crystal ball sees things differently. Wade Phillips has proven success with the 3-4 and they have some great pieces to make it work early, in my opinion.

I believe you are going to be very disappointed with just how good the Texans defense will be this year and for many years to come.

I will not be dissapointed, the texans were lacking in pass defense last year thats why they went and sign some corners. We'll see how they perform.. Ppl are giving the texans too much credit and they havent even played a single reg season game yet.

Guest BlueShoe

I will not be dissapointed, the texans were lacking in pass defense last year thats why they went and sign some corners. We'll see how they perform.. Ppl are giving the texans too much credit and they havent even played a single reg season game yet.

And Colts fan on this board are not giving the Texans any credit without seeing them play a game yet. It works both ways here.

Them bringing Phillips in is equivalent to us bringing Dungy in. They have the offense and now they are focusing on the defensive side of the ball. Our defense improved greatly in the first year under Dungy. Players played harder and we were swarming to the ball, where as the year before we were lost and had no clue. That's what a great defensive coach like Phillips and Dungy bring to a team.

and the Texans have just as much of a history of falling on their face. Something is going to have to give clearly. I get it you think it's the Texans falling on their face. That's fine. Other people don't agree with you. They think it could just as easily be the same ole Texans that can't get out of their own way. While Schaub is a good QB he is a little injury prone and Foster is already hurt. If Schaub gets hurt again and Foster is slowed by his hamstring it's not unrealistic to see the Texans struggling even with Wade Phillips. Like I said before we just hand them the division let's see how thngs play out.

I do think Phillips is going to improve their defense and I do think the Texans are going to get better but at some point we are going to get Peyton Manning back even if it's next year. When we have him we have the best player in the NFL and I think if Peyton's on it doesn't matter who your DC is you aren't stopping him. So while there is a very good chance the Texans could be every bit as good as you make them out to be let's not just had them anything. Wait for them to earn it.

And Colts fan on this board are not giving the Texans any credit without seeing them play a game yet. It works both ways here.

Them bringing Phillips in is equivalent to us bringing Dungy in. They have the offense and now they are focusing on the defensive side of the ball. Our defense improved greatly in the first year under Dungy. Players played harder and we were swarming to the ball, where as the year before we were lost and had no clue. That's what a great defensive coach like Phillips and Dungy bring to a team.

I think some Colts fans are giving them credit, there is a difference between giving someone credit and bending over back wards to hand them the division title like you are doing. I mean I read your posts and it's like why even bother and show up Sunday we've already lost. I don't think all Colts fans feel that way. They think this team has a chance, nothing wrong with that. Just a difference of opinion.

The Texans have made some very nice moves and clearly the division is right there for the taking and yes they are the favorites going in but you know what it was right there for the taking last year and they didn't get the job done. Till they do people are going to question them just like they questioned us in the playoffs till we won a Super Bowl, heck we still get questioned in the playoffs even with that because of our track record.

Guest BlueShoe

and the Texans have just as much of a history of falling on their face. Something is going to have to give clearly. I get it you think it's the Texans falling on their face. That's fine. Other people don't agree with you. They think it could just as easily be the same ole Texans that can't get out of their own way. While Schaub is a good QB he is a little injury prone and Foster is already hurt. If Schaub gets hurt again and Foster is slowed by his hamstring it's not unrealistic to see the Texans struggling even with Wade Phillips. Like I said before we just hand them the division let's see how thngs play out.

Anything can happen, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the Texans are building right now and only a biased fan with absolutely no capability of having an objective view would think they are just going to fall on their face. Eventually they will be a better team and while I have thought in the past that they weren't ready (They weren't); now I think they are and we will need everything we have to beat them, including Peyton.

I do think Phillips is going to improve their defense and I do think the Texans are going to get better but at some point we are going to get Peyton Manning back even if it's next year. When we have him we have the best player in the NFL and I think if Peyton's on it doesn't matter who your DC is you aren't stopping him. So while there is a very good chance the Texans could be every bit as good as you make them out to be let's not just had them anything. Wait for them to earn it.

Peyton is the key for us beating the Texans. You won't hear me disagree with that.

Every year is a new year for every team. No one has to earn anything yet. No real games have been played. Last year does nothing for a team in the modern NFL.

The NFL talking heads actually have merit to predict the Texans will win the AFC South this year. Without us having Peyton they would be the betting favorites for a reason.

And they're only going to get better next year. Wade Phillips is a great defensive coordinator.

I think some Colts fans are giving them credit, there is a difference between giving someone credit and bending over back wards to hand them the division title like you are doing. I mean I read your posts and it's like why even bother and show up Sunday we've already lost. I don't think all Colts fans feel that way. They think this team has a chance, nothing wrong with that. Just a difference of opinion.

The Texans have made some very nice moves and clearly the division is right there for the taking and yes they are the favorites going in but you know what it was right there for the taking last year and they didn't get the job done. Till they do people are going to question them just like they questioned us in the playoffs till we won a Super Bowl, heck we still get questioned in the playoffs even with that because of our track record.

^^^^^^ What you said. I'm one of those people that prefers not to talk about expectations of who's gonna win this and that til I'm blue in the face. Let's see where the Texans are around week 6 once they pull out their pistols and aim at each others feet. And BlueShoe just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a bias fan. I may even go as far to say that his "objective view" is telling him that the Texans will fall flat on their face aka the same ole Texans, such as your "objective view" is telling you that the Texans will finally break free. To each his own.

Anything can happen, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the Texans are building right now and only a biased fan with absolutely no capability of having an objective view would think they are just going to fall on their face. Eventually they will be a better team and while I have thought in the past that they weren't ready (They weren't); now I think they are and we will need everything we have to beat them, including Peyton.

Peyton is the key for us beating the Texans. You won't hear me disagree with that.

Every year is a new year for every team. No one has to earn anything yet. No real games have been played. Last year does nothing for a team in the modern NFL.

The NFL talking heads actually have merit to predict the Texans will win the AFC South this year. Without us having Peyton they would be the betting favorites for a reason.

And they're only going to get better next year. Wade Phillips is a great defensive coordinator.

and I didn't say the Texans weren't building the right way right now. Still they have to prove it on the field. Till they do there is going to be questions. How many years were the Jags building the right way and how many division titles do they have to show for it? It takes more than building the right way to be good in this league. Lots of teams build the right way on paper and then it doesn't work out. Again, the Texans are the favorits going in, I don't think many are going to despute that but much like us in the playoffs till they prove then can close the deal there is going to be that yeah but attached to the Texans.

What do you mean no one has to earn anything yet? That's the whole point of the season. Also, while last year's records don't matter culture very much matters and frankly for much of their history the Texans culture has been one of losing. It is extremely hard to change the cultuer. Again on paper it looks like the Texans have done everything they can to change the culture. Now it's a matter of backing it up. Rather you like it or not till they do there are going to be questions about them.

I agreed with you about your point about Wade Phillips he is a very good coach. I think Jeff Fisher was a better coach. How many times did his teams win the division over the Colts? Twice. I am not giving up on us yet. If the reports of Peyton missing about a month are true and he's back for the last 12 games are really going to write off the division? We don't know whats going to happen so I think most are just saying don't hand the Texans anything. There is no reason too. Yes you can say they are the favorites but that doesn't mean much if it did we wouldn't have won the division since like 2005.

Also while Phillips is a good coach but there has been reports out of Houston that the transition to the 3-4 hasn't been completely smooth. Noteable there were reports at least early in the pre-season Mario Williams was really struggling going from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker. You are also pretty much discounting any chance of an injury. Again if in four weeks say Schaub is hurt and Foster hamnstring is bad and Peyton Manning is back I think people are going to be signing a different tune about who is going to win our division. Again, it's just too early to know what is going to happen. We just need to wait and see. You could very well be right, that's why I keep saying the Texans are the favorites going in but they are anything but a stone cold lock you keep making them out to be.

Also as for the bias fan remark, aren't you the same person who started a thread yesterday about not wanting people to call you a bandwagon fan because they didn't agree with your view point? Well then don't turn around and call someone else a bias fan just because they don't agree with yours.

Guest BlueShoe

and I didn't say the Texans weren't building the right way right now. Still they have to prove it on the field. Till they do there is going to be questions. How many years were the Jags building the right way and how many division titles do they have to show for it? It takes more than building the right way to be good in this league. Lots of teams build the right way on paper and then it doesn't work out. Again, the Texans are the favorits going in, I don't think many are going to despute that but much like us in the playoffs till they prove then can close the deal there is going to be that yeah but attached to the Texans.

The only thing the Texans have to prove is what they do this year. Past seasons don’t matter. It is a new year.

What do you mean no one has to earn anything yet? That's the whole point of the season. Also, while last year's records don't matter culture very much matters and frankly for much of their history the Texans culture has been one of losing. It is extremely hard to change the cultuer. Again on paper it looks like the Texans have done everything they can to change the culture. Now it's a matter of backing it up. Rather you like it or not till they do there are going to be questions about them.

Just what I said. The games haven’t started yet. They don’t have anything to earn until week 1 starts and throughout the year. It’s not hard to change the culture. I don’t buy that one bit. It takes a system that everyone is buying into that works. Wade Phillips 3-4 system works and it is proven.

I agreed with you about your point about Wade Phillips he is a very good coach. I think Jeff Fisher was a better coach. How many times did his teams win the division over the Colts? Twice. I am not giving up on us yet. If the reports of Peyton missing about a month are true and he's back for the last 12 games are really going to write off the division? We don't know whats going to happen so I think most are just saying don't hand the Texans anything. There is no reason too. Yes you can say they are the favorites but that doesn't mean much if it did we wouldn't have won the division since like 2005.

I will agree that Fisher is an even better coach than Phillips because Fisher knows how to coach an entire team and being from the Buddy Ryan tree, Fisher was with the best of the best of defensive minds even as a player for the Bears. He even played on the best defense in NFL history.

Also while Phillips is a good coach but there has been reports out of Houston that the transition to the 3-4 hasn't been completely smooth. Noteable there were reports at least early in the pre-season Mario Williams was really struggling going from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker. You are also pretty much discounting any chance of an injury. Again if in four weeks say Schaub is hurt and Foster hamnstring is bad and Peyton Manning is back I think people are going to be signing a different tune about who is going to win our division. Again, it's just too early to know what is going to happen. We just need to wait and see. You could very well be right, that's why I keep saying the Texans are the favorites going in but they are anything but a stone cold lock you keep making them out to be.

Again Mario Williams struggling in the 3-4 is no new issue. It didn’t make sense from the beginning. That was everyones first reaction as soon as the Texans hired Phillips. The same would be said if we had hired Phillips and moved Freeney to OLB (Jack). Any team would have issues if they lost their starting QB and RB. It would affect some teams harder than it would others though. See us.

Also as for the bias fan remark, aren't you the same person who started a thread yesterday about not wanting people to call you a bandwagon fan because they didn't agree with your view point? Well then don't turn around and call someone else a bias fan just because they don't agree with yours.

Well many Colts fans are responding to this debate with bias remarks. Most fans want to find reasons as to why the Texans are going to fail and they’re not giving much credence, if any at all, that this might actually work out for the Texans. That’s bias. It doesn’t make them a bandwagon fan and has absolutely nothing to do with it. It just makes people not objective from a point of view that has nothing to do with the Colts. It is obvious in some of the remarks people are saying, such as, “The same old Texans”. I hope it is the same old Texans too, but hoping and reality are two different things. The reality is that the Texans chances of succeeding with what they’re doing is a lot greater than them failing. They had a great draft and they brought in the perfect person for the job.

The only thing the Texans have to prove is what they do this year. Past seasons don’t matter. It is a new year.

Just what I said. The games haven’t started yet. They don’t have anything to earn until week 1 starts and throughout the year. It’s not hard to change the culture. I don’t buy that one bit. It takes a system that everyone is buying into that works. Wade Phillips 3-4 system works and it is proven.

I will agree that Fisher is an even better coach than Phillips because Fisher knows how to coach an entire team and being from the Buddy Ryan tree, Fisher was with the best of the best of defensive minds even as a player for the Bears. He even played on the best defense in NFL history.

Again Mario Williams struggling in the 3-4 is no new issue. It didn’t make sense from the beginning. That was everyones first reaction as soon as the Texans hired Phillips. The same would be said if we had hired Phillips and moved Freeney to OLB (Jack). Any team would have issues if they lost their starting QB and RB. It would affect some teams harder than it would others though. See us.

Well many Colts fans are responding to this debate with bias remarks. Most fans want to find reasons as to why the Texans are going to fail and they’re not giving much credence, if any at all, that this might actually work out for the Texans. That’s bias. It doesn’t make them a bandwagon fan and has absolutely nothing to do with it. It just makes people not objective from a point of view that has nothing to do with the Colts. It is obvious in some of the remarks people are saying, such as, “The same old Texans”. I hope it is the same old Texans too, but hoping and reality are two different things. The reality is that the Texans chances of succeeding with what they’re doing is a lot greater than them failing. They had a great draft and they brought in the perfect person for the job.

Yeah and the Texans haven't played a game yet so they haven't proven anything yet but yet you are ready to hand them the division and say we have zero chance to win it. Sorry I am not buying it till I see how teams start playing. Are the Texans the favorites going in? Yes without question they are. It couldn't be set up any better for them. No one is argueing that point. However, I don't think these are the 72 Dolphins we are talking about here. The Texans were a 6-10 team last year (which is all we have to go on at this point) and had some major holes to fill. Yes again it looks like they filled those holes. However, again till they have proven those holes are filled we don't know if they are or not. Every year there a big name free agents that jump to new teams and it doesn't work out. Every year there are coaches hired that should be perfect fits with their new team and it doesn't work out. We don't know if it's going to work in Houston or not. There are questions around them. Also, at some point history does matter a little bit. When you do the samething EVERY year it becomes a culture. Just like the Colts expect to win because they have proven time and time again that's what they do.

The Texans are in the exact same spot right now that they were in last year in terms of having everything laid out for them. How did that work out? Now I will be the first to admit just because it didn't happen last year doesn't mean it wont happen this year. With that said, it does give you a reason to stand back and say well if they couldn't get it done last year why are they going to do it this year? I know you think it's because they have Wade Phillips and I've said several times you could very well be right. However, I am just saying it remains to be seen if Wade Phillips is going to be able to work his magic in Houston. Yes he probably will, but you know what sometimes it just doesn't work for a coach in some spots, look no futher than BB in Cleveland. It just didn't work there, that could happen to Phillips in Houston, again we don't know. It is not an easy thing for any team to go from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense and a lot of teams have said it takes a couple of years to make that switch.

So you are agreeing with me about Fisher? So you are going to tell me that a team that figured out how to denay Jeff Fisher the division title every year but two can't figure out a way to keep Wade Phillips from winning the division title? We have had the better of BB lately, I think we can handle Wade Phillips over the long haul if we have our guys. Right now clearly without Peyton it's going to be a struggle.

So the Williams tranistion might not be new news but it's important news. If their best player on defense can't work in a 3-4 there is a pretty good chance the 3-4 might not work in Houston with the players they have. Again like I keep saying we don't know and that's why we award division titles at the end of the season and not right now.

You didn't quote other people when you brought up the bias remark. You quoted me and I would like to think most people looking at what I have written here would agree that I am giving a fair look to the Texans when I say hey it might very well work. I am just saying it's not a lock and that the Texans aren't without question themselves. Also, again, maybe they are bias it kinda comes with being a fan of a team, no one who is a fan of a team is completely bias, they are going to see things for their team even if it's just a little. There is nothing wrong with that it just makes you fan. Yes there is a difference in being a total homer and being more realistic but even realistic fans are still some what bias. With that all said bias or not it's still peoples opinions and if you are going to make a thread asking people not call you a band wagon fan just because they don't like your opinion don't turn around and call someone else bias just because you don't like their opinion. That's the sorta thing that is really going to rub people the wrong way. It's the exact point coffee was trying to make yesterday in your thread when he brought up the point about not labeling people as homers just because they don't see everything as negative.