Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Run Focus: Should Colts Mimic Pittsburgh?

Coltsman1788

Guest BlueShoe
Yeah and the Texans haven't played a game yet so they haven't proven anything yet but yet you are ready to hand them the division and say we have zero chance to win it.

I never said we have ZERO chance to win. We still have the chance that Peyton will return in time for us to make up ground.

Without Peyton though, they are the better team, in my opinion.

I watched the Colts beat Green Bay in 1997 when we were 0-10 and they were 8-2. Green Bay went on to the Super Bowl that season.

So is anything possible? Yes!

Would anyone bet real money on the Colts winning without Peyton? No and for good reason.

I love this team and will always root for them until the day I die, but I am not stupid and I know what we are dealing with here. It’s not pretty. People can have all of the hope and optimism they want to have. It’s a free country and people have a right to their own opinion. But my opinion differs from most of the people on this board.

I think that if more people were able to actually step back a few feet and take a serious objective view of this situation then they might actually see it totally differently.

I never said we have ZERO chance to win. We still have the chance that Peyton will return in time for us to make up ground.

Without Peyton though, they are the better team, in my opinion.

I watched the Colts beat Green Bay in 1997 when we were 0-10 and they were 8-2. Green Bay went on to the Super Bowl that season.

So is anything possible? Yes!

Would anyone bet real money on the Colts winning without Peyton? No and for good reason.

I love this team and will always root for them until the day I die, but I am not stupid and I know what we are dealing with here. It’s not pretty. People can have all of the hope and optimism they want to have. It’s a free country and people have a right to their own opinion. But my opinion differs from most of the people on this board.

I think that if more people were able to actually step back a few feet and take a serious objective view of this situation then they might actually see it totally differently.

No you haven't said but everything you say comes across like that. All your posts pretty much sound like why should we even show up and play we have no chance the Texans are the division champions already and anytime someone tries to tell you differently you argue with them about how great the Texans are going to be. What else are you trying to say then?

You know here's the funny ting you are so worried about having your opinion (which no one is saying you can't have in fact most people agreed with your post about the band wagon comments yesterday) that you are trying to not let others have theirs.

A lot of people don't share your opinion that we are doomed (which is how it's coming across rather you mean it to or not). It doesn't mean you can't think that, it just means they don't agree with you are they are just as welcomed to that opinion as you are to yours.

Just a reminder for everyone...

14. NO PERSONAL SHOTS: Please realize that this is a community of all types of fans - Please keep your personal judgments regarding other member's football knowledge, typing skills, grammar skills, or intelligence to yourself. Personal shots derail threads and contribute to an overall negative feel to this forum community. We ask for and expect mutual respect. Personal shots may result in suspension or termination of your membership.

These threads should not keep turning into personal arguments. If you disagree...fine! Discuss why you do, that's what the board is for. You DON'T need to slip in shots at other people to do that. Please keep this in mind for future posts or lose posting privs...that simple.

Thanks.

The Texans are going to kill us. Think about it... if the Texans blitz us, they kill two birds with one stone by forcing Collins to throw early and perfect timing routes, PLUS it stops the run game. The Texans have the personnel to blitz.

Honestly, I don't see how we win this, unless the Texans beat themselves up like, uhh... like they always do? Maybe Matt Schaub will launch himself into the air and voluntarily fumble, like Sage Rosenfels did?

The Texans are going to kill us. Think about it... if the Texans blitz us, they kill two birds with one stone by forcing Collins to throw early and perfect timing routes, PLUS it stops the run game. The Texans have the personnel to blitz.

Honestly, I don't see how we win this, unless the Texans beat themselves up like, uhh... like they always do? Maybe Matt Schaub will launch himself into the air and voluntarily fumble, like Sage Rosenfels did?

Hey no one saw us coming back on New England in the AFC Title game, or the comebacks on the Texans or Bucs. No one saw us beating Green Bay when they were the defending World Champions and we were winless as they that's why they play the game. Anything can happen. It is very likely the Texans win the game but it's not a lock that they do and frankly I think it's more fun to be say hey we have a chance and try to be some what positive rather than just saying nope we have no shot were doomed.

Guest BlueShoe

No you haven't said but everything you say comes across like that. All your posts pretty much sound like why should we even show up and play we have no chance the Texans are the division champions already and anytime someone tries to tell you differently you argue with them about how great the Texans are going to be. What else are you trying to say then?

You know here's the funny ting you are so worried about having your opinion (which no one is saying you can't have in fact most people agreed with your post about the band wagon comments yesterday) that you are trying to not let others have theirs.

A lot of people don't share your opinion that we are doomed (which is how it's coming across rather you mean it to or not). It doesn't mean you can't think that, it just means they don't agree with you are they are just as welcomed to that opinion as you are to yours.

I don’t know what it is going to take for you to see that the odds are against us. I mean this game will probably be close a 14 point spread by the time the game gets here, especially if Peyton hasn’t practiced by Saturday. There is a reason why odds are what they are and more often than not a team with odds that high do win the game. They may not cover but that is not what we are talking about here is it?

Have your opinion, but when we are 10 point favorites against a team then we usually win that game. Now the shoe is on the other foot and we are the underdogs so that means our chances of winning are not as good as we are used to. It is what it is.

Guest BlueShoe

Hey no one saw us coming back on New England in the AFC Title game, or the comebacks on the Texans or Bucs.

We had Peyton then and I never gave up hope because of that. We always have a fighting chance when #18 is under center.

No one saw us beating Green Bay when they were the defending World Champions and we were winless as they that's why they play the game.

We rooted our butts off and we won. It was one in a million of a shot but we pulled it out. I loved it!

Anything can happen.

That doesn't spell victory as very likely to me.

It is very likely the Texans win the game but it's not a lock that they do and frankly I think it's more fun to be say hey we have a chance and try to be some what positive rather than just saying nope we have no shot were doomed.

Absolutely! I want us to win too, but I am going to be realistic about it. The odds are against us and if we pull this out then Caldwell deserves a lot of credit that hasn't been getting. If he doesn't then he is going to have some questions to answer. It's just the way it is.

I don’t know what it is going to take for you to see that the odds are against us. I mean this game will probably be close a 14 point spread by the time the game gets here, especially if Peyton hasn’t practiced by Saturday. There is a reason why odds are what they are and more often than not a team with odds that high do win the game. They may not cover but that is not what we are talking about here is it?

Have your opinion, but when we are 10 point favorites against a team then we usually win that game. Now the shoe is on the other foot and we are the underdogs so that means our chances of winning are not as good as we are used to. It is what it is.

I have said more than once the Texans are the favorites that right there is me saying the odds aren't in favor...

All I am telling you is the Texans aren't the division champions yet so let's stop acting like they are. If you want to keep acting like they are fine that's your right I am done with it.

Guest BlueShoe

I have said more than once the Texans are the favorites that right there is me saying the odds aren't in favor...

All I am telling you is the Texans aren't the division champions yet so let's stop acting like they are. If you want to keep acting like they are fine that's your right I am done with it.

I never said they were the champs. We don't know if and when Peyton will be back this year. If he gets back quickly then we still have a good shot, but in my opinion without Peyton it is a pipe dream that we will win the AFC South. Houston looks like the best team to take it if we don't to me.

The real problem is the run defense if you ask me. 150 yards in a half for the Rams with Jackson not even dressed for the game, 170 yards in a half for the Redskins. They looked acceptable against the Packers but I don't think that is all that big an achievement because the Packers are not a good rushing team. All in all this run defense has shown me nothing to feel very positive about especially since they won't be protected by the threat of Manning lighting up the scoreboard and forcing the opponent to try to keep up.

Guest BlueShoe

The real problem is the run defense if you ask me. 150 yards in a half for the Rams with Jackson not even dressed for the game, 170 yards in a half for the Redskins. They looked acceptable against the Packers but I don't think that is all that big an achievement because the Packers are not a good rushing team. All in all this run defense has shown me nothing to feel very positive about especially since they won't be protected by the threat of Manning lighting up the scoreboard and forcing the opponent to try to keep up.

Yes and this is my biggest concern too. Which is why without Peyton for the season we could end up with a very bad record.