Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We won despite ....

Dr. T

having horrible refs. Let's see. How many bad calls (or no calls) were there that could have cost us the game?

1) The PI for Calvin Johnson on their last drive. The defender did not grab him or hold him back and Johnson didn't even know where the ball was. It was uncatchable.

2) The Hilton catch on the sideline that WAS NOT out of bounds. I don't care what Fouts said about a toenail or whatever none sense he was talking about. There was clearly a line of green between his toe and the white edge line. Then that call was not overturned and we lost a critical time out.

3) Suh and his buddies taunting Winston Justice who had a freaking concussion. Unbelievable.

Anything else?

I disagree about the Hilton sideline catch. The ref was standing right there looking at his toe touch the line so he called it incomplete. Since it was called incomplete on the field, there had to be indisputible evidence to overturn it and the replays didn't support it being overturned.

I disagree about the Hilton sideline catch. The ref was standing right there looking at his toe touch the line so he called it incomplete. Since it was called incomplete on the field, there had to be indisputible evidence to overturn it and the replays didn't support it being overturned.

^^^This.

I say we won despite the fact that our team is stocked with kids. We play very sloppy, we win ugly and make consecutive mental errors on a consistent basis.

Sooooo much talent here. No reasonable Colts fan should be anything less than falling over with glee at this point.

As far as games go, I don't feel like the refs were all that bad. They missed some holds, maybe called that bogus PI for megatron which I agree was a bad call and missed a few spots of the ball. That happens every game and the game happens so fast for them as well, we have it on tv with replays and HD lenses. It wasn't that bad of a game from the refs this time, I've seen way worse.

My only issue in the game, I felt there were some discrepancies spotting the ball. Couple times they seemed to be overly generous with spots. Then on Lucks run up the middle on our final drive (may have been the 2nd to final drive I forget) he clearly gets first down yardage, but they spot it 2&1. Then we clocked the ball so it quickly became 3&1. Essentially robbing us of a down.

All in all not a horribly officiated game, but that Calvin Johnson pass interference was a horrible call. Ball was uncatchable.

There were bad/missed calls for both sides. Let's not forget they could have and should have flagged Overton for the late hit out of bounds. I don't know how much white you have to be surrounded by before you quit trying to tackle a guy, but somebody ought to tell Overton that was a little too much.

I am surprised we didn't get a penalty for that jackhammer dance after the touchdown by Fleener. There were three players in on that and it was excessive celebration. The guys need to watch that.

Yeah, I caught that. Players are allowed to do a "dance", but other players aren't allowed to participate. I know that I saw Allen jump in for just a few seconds and it appeared the official right behind him said something to them about it. They cut us a beak apparently.

Yeah, I caught that. Players are allowed to do a "dance", but other players aren't allowed to participate. I know that I saw Allen jump in for just a few seconds and it appeared the official right behind him said something to them about it. They cut us a beak apparently.

I thought it was funny when Avery started to dance and immediately quit. Almost like he felt stupid for doing it too, lol.

The non-calls were a bigger deal to me. That Hilton catch was sooooooo close, I guess they didn't see enough to overturn it, I think he had it but thankfully that didn't cost the Colts the game.

It was a crappy angle IMO, I was like really this is the only angle to be seen?

Yeah and I don't even know why they bother zooming in super close, it just becomes a pixelated mess at that point.

I have this beautiful 55 inch Samsung HD TV, and because CBS has to show the Bears in my area (northwest Indiana), this review in standard def. looked horrible to me. I couldn't tell one way or another.

Stupid standard def.......

I'm so spoiled lmao

...despite our O-line not able to stop the combo of Suh and Fairley from getting in Luck's face.

Luckily, we had Luck who could get out of the pocket where he was more accurate. I just hope he does not have to make a living out of the pocket always because he is fair game to the Ed Reed, Lamarr Woodley, and James Harrison kinds who will level him once he gets outside.