Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't we all just get along?

SteelCityColt

Friends, Colts, fellow umm American, though I'm not one, lend me your ears.

I'm a little concerned at how the tone of this board seems to be changing somewhat. Well before I actually created an account I used to come on as a guest to read stuff and to learn (yes yes I know relying on a forum to learn stuff is a bad idea) about the game and the Colts themselves not having been unto Colts fandom. A few of the usual trouble makers aside it was one of the best internet discussion repository I'd come across so I felt confident enough to sign up and post without either getting flamed or pulled to pieces on my lack of knowledge and you know what it was one of the best things I could have done. I've gone from a casual fan to a devotee and I'm loving it (Gamepass is the best money I've ever spent :P).

However lately there seems to be a change in the mood of the board, starting with the influx of Griffintrolls. At first it wasn't so much of a problem and I can understand people jumping to Luck's defence but lately it's bordering on pathological homering. What's made this worse is now people see ANY form of criticism of Luck and they jump all over the poster, justified criticism or not, fellow Colts fan or not. Fair enough pull people apart for posting baseless hyperbole, but when they points they are making are well point and obviously considered it's a sad day for open debate when they are shouted down by the mob. What worries me further is there seems to be a new infection of people using the success this season to take a shot at Peyton, old wounds don't need re-opening.

I would have thought the euphoria of last night would have lead to a feel good factor on here, but a lot of threads seemed to be arguments among ourselves, me included. This post isn't aimed at anyone in particular, and I don't exclude myself from some of the behavior set out above. This is of course only my own opinion.

However I ask you all, let us pull together like the team did last night, like they have all season, like they have for Chuck and enjoy this Cinderella story together, I'm not asking anyone to toe a line, just merely show respect for your fellow Colts. There are enough people out there who want us to see us fall without us fighting among ourselves.

:thanks:

/Rant Over

What's a Griffintroll?

My new motto: you ain't a speck weird if you wear a neck beard.

What's a speck? I always thought it was a type of ham?

Gri-fintroll /'grifintrōl

One who frequents the Indianapolis Colts' Fans Forum with the intent of causing conflict by unfounded hyperbolic threads on the subject of Robert Griffin III.

Not to be confused with Griffin fans of course, who do the same just with more manners and some genuine attempt to back their point of view up. :)

We made it through the whole Manning firing and resting players debacle, both incidents were by far the greatest disparity our fanbase has ever suffered.

I don't see anything recently that is anything out of the ordinary for an internet forum. It's rare to disagree with someone without them firing back at you like you're some jerk for having a different opinion.

I've become somewhat disillusioned about posting on forums, as is evidenced by my drastically reduced activity. People feel so free to speak to me in ways I know they would not in real life. All too often these forums are just an outlet where people exercise an attitude they wish they had the stones to exercise in real life, but they're cowards so the anonymity of the internet is perfect for them.

Just treat people the same way you would in real life, pretend you're interacting with an associate at work or your neighbor.

We made it through the whole Manning firing and resting players debacle, both incidents were by far the greatest disparity our fanbase has ever suffered.

I missed the second and the first although divisive also was a huge moment in Colts history so I can understand people getting passionate. But to snipe at each other when we've performed well above all expectations? This should be a good time to be on here and a Colts fan.

Just treat people the same way you would in real life, pretend you're interacting with an associate at work or your neighbor.

That's what I was getting at, I just couldn't put it so succinctly. Missed your posting Ruksak, but I can understand why you've kept quiet.

I've been on both sides of the fence on this one, I've gone on the attack and been attacked before. i don't take any of it personally. There's only one person on this forum that I actually know in real life so what any of the rest of you have to say to me or about anything I post on here is really no sweat off my back. I understand what you're saying and the reasoning with this thread, but I will always take issue with somebody that posts things that are to the extreme.

It bugs me that if Andrew throws a few picks (like yesterday's game for example) the forum starts getting flooded with people that think the sky is falling and acting like the kid has no idea what he's doing. I'm sorry but I will always take exception to those people who aren't able to wrap their mind around the fact that we are dealing with a rookie, surrounded by a lot of rookies, trying to learn a new offense, and trying to learn what NFL defenses are all about. I will always take exception with those that will not allow Luck his learning curve for the NFL.

It also bugs me that after a win you have the people that are ready put him in the HOF. It bugs me the people that think the world rises and sets around the kid. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Luck and what he's been able to do this year has surpassed any and all of my expectations, but I will always take exception with those that think the kid can do no wrong. Just allow the guy to have time to get his career going. I don't think it's too much to ask to not jump the gun, whether positive or negative.

Once again, this is my opinion just like everybody else has theirs too. Feel free to disagree with it and debate it with me. I won't lose much sleep over what any of you have to say.

Negativity has always been my pet peeve. I know I never quit in any endeavor I was ever in......I did not expect the Colts to quit yesterday either.

The OP's point is well taken.....a couple of posters almost got me back to my old rabid self yesterday with mindless babble.....

I will continue to tell it like it is....and play one game at a time. I predicted 6-10....we are 8-4 with some miraculous 4th qtr heroics. GO Colts. By the way, I just got this video in my email inbox......I love the TEAM aspect of our Chuck-Strong Colts!!!! :pass: :colts: :colts: :colts:

http://www.colts.com/fanzone/GoPano.html

Brent, I always like your posts, they certainly brighten my day up in more ways than one!

I can be quite a negative person myself, taking last night as an example after the 3rd pick I thought we were dead and gone. But I don't mind being proven wrong in that case, and just because I thought they had lost I was still going to stick it out and watch to the end.

There is however a difference between being negative in what you expect, i.e. a losing season, and being negative towards another person. I know the adage is don't feed the trolls but it is hugely frustrating that quite often excellent posts get lost in the "static".

Negativity has always been my pet peeve. I know I never quit in any endeavor I was ever in......I did not expect the Colts to quit yesterday either.

The OP's point is well taken.....a couple of posters almost got me back to my old rabid self yesterday with mindless babble.....

I will continue to tell it like it is....and play one game at a time. I predicted 6-10....we are 8-4 with some miraculous 4th qtr heroics. GO Colts. By the way, I just got this video in my email inbox......I love the TEAM aspect of our Chuck-Strong Colts!!!! :pass: :colts: :colts: :colts:

http://www.colts.com...one/GoPano.html

Great video. I don't think I've ever been prouder of this TEAM than I am today. Not that every day isn't, but today is truly a great day to be a Colts fan!

Brent, I always like your posts, they certainly brighten my day up in more ways than one!

I can be quite a negative person myself, taking last night as an example after the 3rd pick I thought we were dead and gone. But I don't mind being proven wrong in that case, and just because I thought they had lost I was still going to stick it out and watch to the end.

There is however a difference between being negative in what you expect, i.e. a losing season, and being negative towards another person. I know the adage is don't feed the trolls but it is hugely frustrating that quite often excellent posts get lost in the "static".

Thanks for the nice comment SteelCityColt. You have seen a much more mellow 'big dog' than in the past.... :lol: The old linebacker in me has to hit back once in awhile. I am trying so hard to not make it 'helmet to helmet' these days.

I always said that negativity breeds negativity, and I look around at teams like the Jets and Eagles who are a mess due to backstabbing....inner-team 'trolling' if you will.

That is why I love the 'take one film session at a time.......one practice.....one game..." philosophy. There are 60 minutes in a game...not 58. As long as we have number 12, it appears the 2 minute drill is in good hands. (Just say NO to horrific INTs :) ) :huthut::thmup:

Heres something positive,This team does not quit,the upside is really good.sure Luck has thrown alot of picks,but he overcomes it with touchdowns,very impressive as a rookie,he is only gonna get better,and the kids a leader!!!!,Secondly weve played all year with a injury decimated OL & DL ,running game has been better will only get better with improvement on the line,we wont get into pass protection Qudos Mr Luck! DL we havnt even got to see Chapman wich will be a big part,and we lost MKKINNEY right offf the bat.Future is bright in INDY with some OL help and Secondary help IMO Go Colts!!!!!!!! :thmup: