Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tommie Harris Cut

hockey878

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah confused, perhaps there were other issues. I thought he looked pretty solid on the pre season, he had that sack and wrecked havoc on a few other plays. Wonder if there were some odd issues or perhaps someone else was chopped recently from another team that they might be eyeing???? Not sure just a thought.

If it's common sense than your saying the colt's dont have any.So that is exactly what your saying.

Man are you telling me that an organization is incapable of making mistakes? if you are then you need broaden your football horizon. The colts may have liked another tackle more than him and if thats the case its a bad move, the guy was pretty good in the time he played much better than moala id say you can never have enough talent at that position so yea bad move.

Man are you telling me that an organization is incapable of making mistakes? if you are then you need broaden your football horizon. The colts may have liked another tackle more than him and if thats the case its a bad move, the guy was pretty good in the time he played much better than moala id say you can never have enough talent at that position so yea bad move.

No all i am saying is i trust the organization,they see him in practice day to day we don't.Yes they make mistakes but not in this case,harris is not a great player anymore...period.Also let's see what shakes down today,a trade or waiver wire pick up,before we jump to conclusions over a guy on the decline.

HE MADE 2 BIG PLAYS IN PRESEASON. BIG FREAKIN DEAL. If the team was in your hands, we'd be lucky to win 4 games. Taj Smith made many more plays, and might get cut. omg.

No all i am saying is i trust the organization,they see him in practice day to day we don't.Yes they make mistakes but not in this case,harris is not a great player anymore...period.Also let's see what shakes down today,a trade or waiver wire pick up,before we jump to conclusions over a guy on the decline.

Arent you the same one that was bashing painter? or was it brown? lol... harris is still a very good tackle, i dont see the colts making any trade for anyone now, i think they like what they see in their DT's so thats probably why.

HE MADE 2 BIG PLAYS IN PRESEASON. BIG FREAKIN DEAL. If the team was in your hands, we'd be lucky to win 4 games. Taj Smith made many more plays, and might get cut. omg.

lol excluding nevis how many other DT's the colts have performed like that? taj smith catches with his body and peyton doesnt need ppl like that.

Arent you the same one that was bashing painter? or was it brown? lol... harris is still a very good tackle, i dont see the colts making any trade for anyone now, i think they like what they see in their DT's so thats probably why.

I bashed painter,get your facts straight,and the colts agreed.Kerry collins is here.Always liked brown and have not given up in him.

You guy's need to cool it down a bit.

As for my thoughts; I'd rather have an extra defensive lineman than a third QB, even with Peyton banged up. Harris will find a spot in a team's rotation, but curtis painter would working at mcdonalds if he was cut. (and I've been a painter supporter so don't try to play the 'painter-hater' card.)

I bashed painter,get your facts straight,and the colts agreed.Kerry collins is here.Always liked brown and have not given up in him.

the colts DO NOT agree for if they did he would have played in the bengals game and try to convince them otherwise... kerry collins hasnt proved anything if anything he's proved that he's a big slow qb thats scared to get down and cover his own fumble. The way painter didnt play kinda makes it seem like he's the starter.

the colts DO NOT agree for if they did he would have played in the bengals game and try to convince them otherwise... kerry collins hasnt proved anything if anything he's proved that he's a big slow qb thats scared to get down and cover his own fumble. The way painter didnt play kinda makes it seem like he's the starter.

They no what they have in painter{not much}collins needed the work in case he has to start against the texans.That was the reason.lol,collins is scared?this man has done things in this league that painter could only dream of.

Exactly,it's not like they cut a guy who was in high demand around the league,the colts got him for cheap and we know why.

I guess it's pointless to try and talk sense to people. The fans obviously know more than people who do it for a living. Chris Polian should retire, and the message board should collectively be the new GM. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I guess it's pointless to try and talk sense to people. The fans obviously know more than people who do it for a living. Chris Polian should retire, and the message board should collectively be the new GM. Yeah, that's the ticket.

You realize this is a FORUM, right? A place of discussion? It's about discussing what the team does and if you like it. There was posters like yourself on here when we drafted jerry hughes. People like you pulled out the whole "in BP we trust" line, and by the end of the year, BP himself said it was a mistake not to select roger saffold. Same thing with Joe Addai over MJD. BP selected Joe cause he thought MJD couldn't block, which is false. He's proven to be a very good blocker.

My point: BP isn't perfect. Stop acting like he is. He could very easily be correct about harris, but he isn't so perfect that we can't discuss, if not criticize, one of the organization's roster moves.

You realize this is a FORUM, right? A place of discussion? It's about discussing what the teams and if you like it. There was posters like yourself on here when we drafted jerry hughes. People like you pulled out the whole "in BP we trust" line, and by the end of the year, BP himself said out was a mistake not to select roger saffold. Same thing with Joe Addai over MJD. BP selected Joe cause he thought MJD couldn't block, which is false. He's proven to be a very good blocker.

My point: BP isn't perfect. Stop acting like he is. He could very easily be correct about harris, but he isn't so perfect that we can't discuss, if not criticize, one of the organization's roster moves.

No question you make good points.Polian has been whiffing on first rounders lately and second rounders{pollack}.But the harris release i can't get crazy with,harris is on the decline.

Yes because the front office never makes mistakes. Ugoh is playing awesome! You do realize you are on a forum and sometimes fans may disagree with the team. God forbid people have opinions and do not just post Colts are greatest and every move they make is perfect.

I was a little suprised by this move, but from what I have read sounds like the Colts were not to happy he missed time during the preseason. Their medical staff must have said he could go and Harris did not push it.

Thankfully Nevis is looking like the real deal.

No question you make good points.Polian has been whiffing on first rounders lately and second rounders{pollack}.But the harris release i can't get crazy with,harris is on the decline.

Yeah, he's on the decline, but I personally think he could contribute a but more than chad span, he's still on the roster. But if he's injured, then this whole topic is moot.

Btw: If there is a trade looming, anyone else think maybe lance briggs makes sense? It just came out yesterday or the day before that has requested a trade.

No question he's on the decline, but I personally think he could contribute a but more than chad span, he's still on the roster. But if he's injured, then this whole topic is moot.

Btw: If there is a trade looming, anyone else think maybe lance briggs makes sense? It just came out yesterday or the day before that has requested a trade.

I would think he would be to expensive and im hoping its for another DT, but who knows.

No question he's on the decline, but I personally think he could contribute a but more than chad span, he's still on the roster. But if he's injured, then this whole topic is moot.

Briggs would be awesome,but i doubt we do it.Can never have enough difference makers on D.I have a feeling the trade will be for a DT.

You realize this is a FORUM, right? A place of discussion? It's about discussing what the team does and if you like it. There was posters like yourself on here when we drafted jerry hughes. People like you pulled out the whole "in BP we trust" line, and by the end of the year, BP himself said it was a mistake not to select roger saffold. Same thing with Joe Addai over MJD. BP selected Joe cause he thought MJD couldn't block, which is false. He's proven to be a very good blocker.

Just because it's a forum, doesn't mean ignorance is welcomed. People don't express their opinions. They talk as if what they are saying is absolute truth, and the front office of a mega-million dollar franchise has no idea what they are doing.

We are completely in the right to dispute those comments.

Yes because the front office never makes mistakes. Ugoh is playing awesome! You do realize you are on a forum and sometimes fans may disagree with the team. God forbid people have opinions and do not just post Colts are greatest and every move they make is perfect.

I was a little suprised by this move, but from what I have read sounds like the Colts were not to happy he missed time during the preseason. Their medical staff must have said he could go and Harris did not push it.

Thankfully Nevis is looking like the real deal.

No one said anywhere that they always make the right moves. Can you pull up that quote somewhere? Didn't think so. Furthermore, every single franchise makes bad moves, but it's almost always in hindsight that the quality of the decision can be determined. Overall, the Colts are in the top 5 for consistent intelligence.

We also had an excess of DT's, and Nevis is catching on quickly. Which would you rather have? A talented DT who's young, has lots of promise, and is mega-disruptive? Or an old DT, with known injury issues, and is on the decline, but can still be a force.

Option A is the smart move 100% of the time.

I feel like its gotta be for a DT, CB, or S. maybe a G but i doubt it. Brandon Merriweather just got cut by the pats... thats something to think about for depth at S.

Igor olshansky was also cut today by the cowboys. hes 6'5 315 and could play DT for us. So maybe thats a possibility as well. I doubt any of these will happen. just bouncing ideas around.

I only mentioned pollack as a second round bust.Why do you insist on trying to distort what i say?

because what you said was wrong. You said second round picks lately. I pointed out that Angerer and Moala our last two second round picks were not misses. Despite what some believe Polian is not nearly as bad at his job as some make him out to be.

Yeah he's had misses, what GM doesn't?