Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tommie Harris Cut

hockey878

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok is there any proof besides adam saying so because i keep googleing this and i cant get anyone supporting this

robert mathis just tweeted it...

"dayum.. hate to see my dude Tommie Harris go! great player,homie and student of the game. He opened my eyes to alot of stuff in"

the only one thats done consistently is nevis. theses are the same players that couldnt get pressure before. whats changed.

Watch some games and you'll see that's not true. Johnson and Moala have both had great pre-seasons and Foster has been doing a very good job getting heat up the middle which is all you need to keep the QB from stepping up to get away from Freeney and Mathis. The whole D-line played well this pre-season not just Nevis.

really,

so you think freakin Gill is going to do better??? The guy made a couple of great plays and pressures, and heck he got a DT SACK!!!!

He was extremely good Depth, and could have contributed to make a great D-;ine. He definitly wasn't cut because he didn't play to his contract, it must be because of the waiver wire or that they like Nevis THAT much, or an injury

This was a big B.S move otherwise, no one says they should be Polian, and don't kiss his butt for this, until we get an explanation.

Get over it.

Tommie Harris is not the same player he was a few years ago. I actually wanted us to keep him but for people to say "Polian wants our dline to be weak" is just down right stupid.

I can't remember the exact quote that Caldwell provided a la Dungy, but it referenced a players ability to play and not be hurt. I think the team learned a lot of lessons from last year in terms of injuries. Obviously, no player gets hurt on purpose and for the most part, it's unavoidable. However, if you have players in consideration for a roster and they have a history of being injured compared to another player who, while not as good as the oft-injured player but is on the field consistently, I think the Colts actions suggest they are going with the player who is proven to not get hurt / injured. Just my 2 cents. See Sanders............and oh yeah, bye bye Gonzo. I will be shocked if he's not cut. This solely predicated on this Tommie Harris cut and what seems to be the Colts focus (both in action and in words) as it relates to players health and the importance of that in relation to a roster spot.

"A Player's greatest ability is availability"

Get over it.

Tommie Harris is not the same player he was a few years ago. I actually wanted us to keep him but for people to say "Polian wants our dline to be weak" is just down right stupid.

Get over yourself chief! If people want to air their frustrations about things who do you think you are to tell them not too?

I'm just glad none of you armchair GM's run the team. There obviously was a reason they cut him. Get over it and move on. MOD EDIT

Yes move on, and come mid season when the colts are being gashed by QB's like tom brady cause he has so much time on his hands we'll see what you have to say. the man had a DT sack which is quite rare for the colts... i would say that shows promise, i pray to god nevis starts over moala casue he's the only guy in the middle that can apply the pressure.

"A Player's greatest ability is availability"

That's the one! Thanks Shepman. Much like trading our 12 win seasons for half as many rings, I'd rather have "available" players as opposed to "great potential / dominating" players on IR. Whoever makes this team, the more they play together, the closer they become as a unit and the better they play together as they know the tendencies of everyone. I am not a GM and I am not in charge of our roster decisions. Like the decision or not, I have to trust in the Colts brass with their decisions.

Makes sense to me if they believe in nevis. If they believe heavily in Nevis then why would they not do this move? It makes 0 sense to keep harris if they believe nevis will be a better contributor in the long haul. He's younger, no injury history, great motor and has shown he can be a good player in the league so far. Keeping harris would be less field time for nevis and the only way nevis can get better is if he is on the field. I think harris would have been a good edition especially if he stayed healthy. He obviously wasn't going to be his old self, but he showed he definitely had a good amount left in the tank and could contribute in a effective way.

and who are you to tell him he cant air his frustrations about the people over reacting to the people over reacting to tommie harris being cut?

He's a human being with a opinion just like the rest of us that's who he is. Some people are and have already overreacted about harris being cut, because they're seeing it one sided.

Nice!

No

I trust the front office more than I do any of you "Joe Six Packs". If they cut him, there was a reason you are not aware of. Plain and simple. When you clowns get a job with the colts, then I'll respect your opinion. Mod Edit: Removal of personal insults to other members.

You sound like bill tobin talking about mel kiper,lol

My 2 cents,tommie harris was invisible the last 2 years with the bears,why the shock it's not like he was vince woolfork or something.

did you not see how he played or were you like blind or something, tommie added depth and talent for the colts he was much better than half of the DT's the colts have, i would take him over johnson all day... tommie was brought in to apply pressure he did just that and got a sack, him picking the colts over the pats says alot... bad move by the colts.

did you not see how he played or were you like blind or something, tommie added depth and talent for the colts he was much better than half of the DT's the colts have, i would take him over johnson all day... tommie was brought in to apply pressure he did just that and got a sack, him picking the colts over the pats says alot... bad move by the colts.

Bad move by the colts,yep smitto knows more than a professional football team.Do you know more than polian?Keep your dayjob.

Bad move by the colts,yep smitto knows more than a professional football team.Do you know more than polian?Keep your dayjob.

Never said i did, its called common sense.. unless the guy got injured or something then it was definitely a bad move by the colts.

I nominate smiito as the next GM. He obviously knows more than a dozen coaches, a GM, a former GM, scouts, etc. Hey smitto, since you have your finger on the pulse of the colts, is Peyton going to play the first game? After all, your opinion is the most educated, informed, and enlightened I've ever read.