Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting article on how luck is better than RG3

Playoffs2013

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's better, but no Peyton?

We all know Peyton has a noodle arm and is a washed up has been.(That's sarcasm) Haters gotta hate, regardless of the fact the Broncos could very well go 13-3. This is with a guy who took A YEAR OFF and is playing on an ENTIRELY NEW TEAM. God forbid they lost to the top 3 teams in the NFL early on with a comedy of errors yet were within spitting distance of winning each game. Manning sucks, is highly overrated and chokes in the playoffs - team showing be darned.

Do we have to tear down RG3 to talk good about Luck? I am getting tired of this, frankly.

I can be happy about Luck, I can be happy about Peyton and yet not despise RG3 (except Brady, maybe :)). Is that allowed?

NO. How dare you show objectivity over a QB that isn't on your team?!

RGIII was awesome today. Would have been 28 for 34 it it wasn't for the 11 (that's right 11) drops. He was the only reason it wasn't a complete blowout. Luck played real bad (as usual), but was bailed out by his defense. Something RG3 hasn't had the luxury of happening all season.

You mean our 3 takeaways in 7 weeks defense?

There are good fans and bad fans in every fan base. Some can discuss various teams, players without incident and some just throw stuff against the wall and hope that it sticks.

The thing I love about Luck is he is TOUGH, he has a lot of Rothelisburger in him. He is throwing darts with defenders all over him,

Why do Colts forums always have so many QB comparison threads and debates? Is it a team forum rule I never knew about?

Yes, some people do like to throw elephant dung against the wall just to see if it sticks, but why do they try and tell me that it can really float too? haha

Big Ben is a good toughness benchmark comparison for Luck John minus Ben's previous "persuasion and dating techniques with women" of course. :facepalm:

I'm just glad that there are wise, clever, and smart debaters like you are here Jules. You make the "unbearable" bearable and you very entertaining to me anyway. ;) :thmup:

I don't think digress is the word you are looking for here... more like regress. Speaking of regressing Tom Brady has done that himself, and he turns 36 next year. The patriots haven't won a championship in a while either.

I have a feeling this is something we can look forward to for years to come between Colts and Redskin fans. If that holds true this will become the most epic thread ever.

So tossing 6 TDs in a game and making it back to the SB is regressing? darn I wish he would keep regressing then.

One of the worst sports articles I've ever read.

I'll just take select quotes from fellow redskins fans since I'm on an iPad and it is a pain to type:

ouvan59 says: "Just went back and looked at the splits for both. Reilly, as we suspected, completely manipulated the numbers. Yes, RGIII has more passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage but Luck has more passes thrown 10 yards or fewer (that includes behind the line of scrimmage) 132-119. But the real divider among the two is passes from 11-20 yards. RGIII completes 71.0% of these passes for an average of 15.71 ypa which is astounding. Luck completes 51.7% of his passes with no TDs and 4 ints and 8.38 ypa. So in reality it's Luck who is relying on the short pass not RGIII."

Burgold says: "Let's see.

Higher completion percentage.

More yards per completion.

More rushing yards.

More touchdowns.

Less turnovers.

Got it. That guy must be the worse quarterback.

And on the fumbles, most of them were on bobbled handoffs."

Hiro says: "So he gives Luck credit for 'miraculously' bringing the Colts back against the ****ing Jaguars, only to have that victory snatched away, yet makes no mention of the exact same thing happening with Robert against the Super Bowl champions?

Spare me. This guy either oozes haterate, or is just playing the contrarian for hits and reads on his little article."

s0crates says:

"I'm not sure I'm buying this QBR thing.

How much does this QBR weigh rushing stats? (I'm guessing not much).

Griffin III: 64 attempts for 468 yards and 6 TDs.

Luck: 20 attempts for 115 yards and 3 TDs.

How does this QBR weigh turnovers? (I'm curious).

Griffin: 2 lost fumbles and 3 interceptions. 5 total.

Luck: 3 lost fumbles and 7 interceptions. 10 total.

How does it determine accuracy if not by completion percentage? (I mean this must be relevant right).

Griffin: 70%

Luck: 54%

Is yards per attempt considered?

Griffin: 8.5 (189 for 1601 yards).

Luck: 6.7 (250 for 1674 yards).

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble seeing how you can possibly argue Luck is better than RG3 this season. The passing yards and scores are about the same, only RG3 has had 60 less passing attempts. In every other conceivable category (turnovers, rushing yards, rushing touchdowns, rushing average, completion percentage, yards per attempt), RG3 is better than Luck. Apparently, the only stat that Luck is better than Griffin in is this mysterious QBR. I would love to know how this QBR is calculated, because it seems to me that it would take a substantial manipulation of the data to make Luck come out better than RG3."

And on and on it goes...Rick Reily destroyed.

Mod note: Do not link to or promote other boards as it causes issues with their fans, especially where they are discussing something concerning our team. This only serves to create board wars and all such links will be deleted and posts/threads edited.

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

What about the most important stat? Wins and losses? I kid because I don't really care, even if RG3 was somehow the better QB, it wouldn't affect the Colts a bit. The only thing that concerns me about RG3 is his size vs the style of play, I think he's gonna end up getting hurt a lot during his career. That's my only comparison with him and Vick, other than that RG3 is a very good QB. Maybe even great 1 day. I'm glad he's not in the AFC.

???? You think Schaub is a bad QB?

Apparently RGIII is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Before long he will be; in the hall of fame, on Mt. Rushmore, dubbed the greatest athlete the world has ever or will ever see and they will rename the superbowl trophy The Robert Griffin the third pretty sock trophy. Even the design of the trophy will change to a pair of Griffins Hello Kitty socks.

He will then end world hunger, cure aids and become president all while beating the texans in the superbowl all by himself.

He is that good.

Apparently RGIII is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Before long he will be; in the hall of fame, on Mt. Rushmore, dubbed the greatest athlete the world has ever or will ever see and they will rename the superbowl trophy The Robert Griffin the third pretty sock trophy. Even the design of the trophy will change to a pair of Griffins Hello Kitty socks.

He will then end world hunger, cure aids and become president all while beating the texans in the superbowl all by himself.

He is that good.

What, no United Nations world peace to add to RG3's illustrious resume of future landmark accomplishments? The kid is slipping man. haha Your humorous sarcasm notwithstanding made me laugh very hard coltsfanmilyman. RG3 will excel in this league, but let's not give him the keys to DC just quite yet. Dynasties in the NFL take time to build and Synder and Shanahan just acquired the perfect QB mastermind to return the Redskins to Lombardi Glory in 3-4 years IMO.

So tossing 6 TDs in a game and making it back to the SB is regressing? darn I wish he would keep regressing then.

He didn't win either of the last two Super Bowls against the Giants. So it seems like he is slipping and has forgotten how to do that... Or maybe the Patriots lost because god is a Tebow fan, and didn't like Brady throwing those 6 touchdowns you mentioned (666 is the number of the beast). I'm just messing with you to keep up the spirit of this most excellent thread. My number 12 is better than your number 12. :neener:

I felt kind of sorry watching RG3 play against those retro Steeler uniforms on Sunday. God, were they ugly and distracting on the TV screen like gigantic, bumble bee prison jump suits. Skip Bayless on ESPN "First Take" said "RG3 must have been blinded by those uniforms" to justify why the Redskins lost yesterday. :funny::lol: He was being sarcastic and mildly truthful at the same time. Can you imagine a pass rush by DE Ziggy Hood with a larger than life insect being down on you?

bumble_bee_1.jpg

3DB056611379C587BC4D7A95DDE82_h316_w628_m4_cxXMUZnfS.jpg

All I know is when it was summer and we were projecting Luck's season, I was just hoping he could equal P. Manning's first year stats. And get 5 wins. So far, so good!

I also knew RG3 could easily be the next Cam Newton dazzler, and had a better team. I knew he could throw deep, and run when needed. Wasn't sure about the rest, and had a small inkling the health could be an issue at some point. So I actually kind of expected RG to have the better rookie season right away. What I expect is Andrew to process all this seasons experience and continually become better each year. I'm certain Skins fans hope the same for RGIII.