Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting article on how luck is better than RG3

Playoffs2013

HA!

Have you seen the Colts play this season?

Offense:

Running games: Colts 22nd, Redskins 1st

Yards per attempt: Colts 25th, Redskins 2nd

Defense:

Opponent Passer Rating: Colts 27th, Redskins 18th

Run Defense: Colts 23rd, Redskins 7th

Yards per rush: Colts 28th, Redskins 9th

Turnovers (forced): Colts 4, Redskins 16

And having watched both teams alot id say the Colts are considerably worse in pass protection. The Redskins O-line isnt amazing in pass protection but I havnt seen the pocket collapse continously like ive seen with the Colts this year. I have seen the Redskins T's getting beat wide a few times.

Im not taking away from Griffin but saying the Colts are "superior" is ridiculous. Luck is playing behind a bad O-line, with 3 rookie pass catchers and a dude who wasnt able to stick with the Rams.

Id say both teams have serious holes. Its why they were both bad last year.

You left out the nice little stat that shows how the Redskins are on pace for the worst pass defense of all time, scooter.

And their O-line is just as bad.

The only thing the Redskins have in their favor is a better RB.

Did you people forget that Luck played the Titans And RG played the Steelers?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're in the minority if you believe that.

Where do you get your information from? The redskins forum?

OR

tumblrm43tupadek1qdaopt.jpg

RGiii is TEH uber ownage and far superior to Luck with his 47% completion rate today! Uber pwnage! I also hear every day on the news how vastly superior RGiii is to Luck.......

NOT!

None the less RGiii is very good, but Luck sure is great himself.

Colts fans are funny...Luck had a horrible day, again, yet his team pulled off a victory, yet they feel this is proof that Luck is somehow better than RG3, whose team lost and completely crapped the bed. I mean, the Skins even missed an extra point. Who does that?

Yea Luck: 26/38 297yrds 1td 1int 7.8ypc 90 passer rating 6 rushes 28 yards for 3 first downs..wouldn't call that a horrible day. That is perfectly fine production from the QB

In the end the one who is defined as "better" will be the one sporting the most hardware.

Regardless of stats....

The thing I love about Luck is he is TOUGH, he has a lot of Rothelisburger in him. He is throwing darts with defenders all over him,

Ah yes, the simpleton argument of hardware...nevermind the other 52 active players on the roster. Dilfer equals Manning when people use that logic (which is always used selectively however).

You left out the nice little stat that shows how the Redskins are on pace for the worst pass defense of all time, scooter.

Who beat the mighty Steelers on THURS night a couple weeks ago? hmmmmmmmmmm?

Yea Luck: 26/38 297yrds 1td 1int 7.8ypc 90 passer rating 6 rushes 28 yards for 3 first downs..wouldn't call that a horrible day. That is perfectly fine production from the QB

That's terrible, Luck should've been 38/40 for 500+ yards and 5 tds, 10 rushes for 100 yards and also thrown the ball to himself for 5 completions for 82 yards and 1 receiving touchdown. He also should've had 5 sacks and an interception on defense.

Where do you get your information from? The redskins forum?

RGiii is TEH uber ownage and far superior to Luck with his 47% completion rate today! Uber pwnage! I also hear every day on the news how vastly superior RGiii is to Luck.......

NOT!

None the less RGiii is very good, but Luck sure is great himself.

I guess 11 drops doesn't compute for you? RG3 still blowing him out of the water for the season regardless...

That's terrible, Luck should've been 38/40 for 500+ yards and 5 tds, 10 rushes for 100 yards and also thrown the ball to himself for 5 completions for 82 yards and 1 receiving touchdown. He also should've had 5 sacks and an interception on defense.

13 points in regulation...needed OT to pad his stats...

OHHH, so now dump offs don't count....

Interesting,,,, RG3 does more of it than any QB in the NFL.

Link?

Another Skins fan broke it down, which was posted in this thread on the first page:

ouvan59 says: "Just went back and looked at the splits for both. Reilly, as we suspected, completely manipulated the numbers. Yes, RGIII has more passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage but Luck has more passes thrown 10 yards or fewer (that includes behind the line of scrimmage) 132-119. But the real divider among the two is passes from 11-20 yards. RGIII completes 71.0% of these passes for an average of 15.71 ypa which is astounding. Luck completes 51.7% of his passes with no TDs and 4 ints and 8.38 ypa. So in reality it's Luck who is relying on the short pass not RGIII."

Yes and if you read the end of my 2nd* post homeboy, i said the Colts would probably have a similar record if facing the same schedule as the Redskins. Im also not even really commenting on this game either.

The Colts pass defense has given up 12 TDs to 2 INTs while playing much worse passing offenses (outside of GB). The Redskins, while admittedly horrible against the pass,have atleast been able to force turnovers while playing better competition.

Our o-line isn't as bad. We had one of the worst all-time units in 2009, we were bad in 2010, we were solid and fairly underrated last year (major improvement as the season progressed), and we're actually pretty good this season. Griffin helps immensely but the chemistry has also improved and everyone has finally settled in to the ZBS (Alex Gibbs has said it takes about two full seasons for the system to sink in). Trent Williams is possibly the best young left tackle in the league and everyone else does their job well enough.

It's basically what you'd expect out of a Shanahan offense. Morris is a beast, though.

Our pass defense is agonizing to watch. I can't even fathom how a unit can be that incompetent and it's not just our secondary... our pass rush is the worst of any team in the league right now.

Our pass defense is agonizing to watch. I can't even fathom how a unit can be that incompetent and it's not just our secondary... our pass rush is the worst of any team in the league right now.

I totally agree. The Skins are horrible against the pass.

I was just saying to other posters (not saying you were in on it RGIII) that the Colts pass D really hasnt been that much better. I just think we havnt faced many teams who can light it up through the air....Vikings, Jags, Bears, Browns and Titans vs. Falcons, Giants, Saints, Steelers.

I totally agree. The Skins are horrible against the pass.

I was just saying to other posters (not saying you were in on it RGIII) that the Colts pass D really hasnt been that much better. I just think we havnt faced many teams who can light it up through the air....Vikings, Jags, Bears, Browns and Titans vs. Falcons, Giants, Saints, Steelers.

The Colts pass D should be better statistically, since they haven't faced hardly any teams with good pass offenses.

The Redskins to this point have faced much stiffer competition than the Colts, and with a worse pass defense, worse pass rush, bad O-line, and no targets for RG to work with, with all the injuries.

Yes because the preseason is what really counts right?

u just got served

here have another nice serving of served

2004yougotservedwallpap.jpg

yeah he used the "served" line one time under his loluck screen name. It was classically bad. Made me think of this horrible movie too. lol

Colts fans are funny...Luck had a horrible day, again, yet his team pulled off a victory, yet they feel this is proof that Luck is somehow better than RG3, whose team lost and completely crapped the bed. I mean, the Skins even missed an extra point. Who does that?

Seriously? Who cares who the better qb is? Its only halfway through the season. Its way too early to tell. Why do Homers act as if their respective starting qb's are their sons playing or something? you know the only thing that matters to these two great qb's? WINS!!! Not completion percentage, touchdowns, interceptions, who throws more screens and dumpoffs, or who throws more Downfield. The only stats that matter are in the win/loss column. Ask any head coach, qb, any player or anyone that has to do with the nfl period. Tom Brady isn't known for mind-blowing stats, he's known for WINNING, finding a way to win no matter what. Along with all other great qb's (peyton, rodgers, brady, eli) correct me if I'm wrong but tell any quarterback that they just broke a passing record and they will tell you they're just glad to have a win. And if they lost that game, they would say it doesn't matter, we lost. Simple as that. Wins. Wins. Wins. The only thing that matters. Period.

At least that's something we can relate to. It was just the opposite with Colts for years, such a terrible run stopping D. I remember when the Jags ran for almost 300 yards on them one game. It just kind of made me :thinking:

yeah he used the "served" line one time under his loluck screen name. It was classically bad. Made me think of this horrible movie too. lol

that's not me. nice try. but it was an excellent point by him. titans, and jaguars, and texans oh my. no wonder Peyton Manning set so many passing records. He played in the worst division of all time...

The Colts pass D should be better statistically, since they haven't faced hardly any teams with good pass offenses.

Im not crossing anything up. Youre just missing the point. Or trying to be annoying. Let me spell this out for you.

The Argument: The Colts, while statistically better than the Redskins in yards per game, are not really much better than the Redskins against the pass.

The Facts: The Colts defense is one of the most inefficient pass defenses in the league --105 opponent passer rating and a TD to INT ratio of 12 - 2. This is true, all while playing even worse passing teams than the Redskins and also being one of the worst run defenses in the NFL...which means...what?....thats right...teams will pass less.

So basically im saying if the Colts played better passing teams and said teams decided to throw instead of ripping off 5 per carry on the ground, im pretty sure the Colts D wouldnt fair much better than the Redskins.

that's not me. nice try. but it was an excellent point by him. titans, and jaguars, and texans oh my. no wonder Peyton Manning set so many passing records. He played in the worst division of all time...

Sure about that?

How about you take your own advice instead of cherry picking stats? 16th in yards, but what about in points? That's what really matters. The Redskins averaged 18 points a game. Good for 26th. Served.

Means absolutely nothing. Team game. Luck is obviously surrounded by superior talent and has a way better defense. But for neanderthals and parrots, 4-3 will be the mantra.

OMG twighlight zone. Do things come full circle? Is Luck the new Brady, #12?

lmao