Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting article on how luck is better than RG3

Playoffs2013

serious question

whats it like knowing not only is rg3 destroying luck in stats but manning too both in 1998 and 2012

lol

Yes because every logical person knows that stats are better than wins, isn't that how it works? I'm sure Luck would rather be 1-6 with stats like RGiii opposed to helping lead a 4-3 Colts team many people thought would only win 1-3 games this year . Right? Isn't that how things work?

People play football just for stats right? Sheesh where has my logic gone, thinking that people would want to win football games yikes!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not crossing anything up. Youre just missing the point. Or trying to be annoying. Let me spell this out for you.

The Argument: The Colts, while statistically better than the Redskins in yards per game, are not really much better than the Redskins against the pass.

The Facts: The Colts defense is one of the most inefficient pass defenses in the league --105 opponent passer rating and a TD to INT ratio of 12 - 2. This is true, all while playing even worse passing teams than the Redskins and also being one of the worst run defenses in the NFL...which means...what?....thats right...teams will pass less.

So basically im saying if the Colts played better passing teams and said teams decided to throw instead of ripping off 5 per carry on the ground, im pretty sure the Colts D wouldnt fair much better than the Redskins.

Alright, we were talking about two different stats...you (QBR) and me (yards allowed)...no need to be a jerk

Don't you guys know that <insert rookie QB name> is the second coming*edit*? Everyone knows that... Especially blind troll <insert rookie QB's team> fans...

FTFY. Every team fanbase has its fair share of village ..

Edit: Man, the auto-censor on this site is REALLY aggressive.

Alright, we were talking about two different stats...you (QBR) and me (yards allowed)...no need to be a jerk

Sorry. I got carried away. The scooter comment got me a little fired up there. lol.

Edit* But didnt mean to come across that way. I apologize again.

what's your point? I served someone, and then he used the same phrase...what a super sleuth you are...my god something is in the water in flyover country...

The odds of finding two different people who want to use the term "served" twice in the same week, in the same forum..... are remarkably low.

Apparentely it's better to have a better QB than a better team :shrug:

I know. And sometimes I don't get it.

But, to be fair Colts and Pats fans are both guilty of this over the years. Some other fanbases too (Saints/Packers)

"Sure our team lost in the playoffs but our QB had good numbers and I think he is still the best in the league!!!."

Apparentely it's better to have a better QB than a better team :shrug:

Well to be fair alot of this thread and the other Luck thread was fueled by a single troll.

The only other Redskin fan ive seen on here (RGIII) has been on here for a while and a good poster.

I know. And sometimes I don't get it.

But, to be fair Colts and Pats fans are both guilty of this over the years. Some other fanbases too (Saints/Packers)

"Sure our team lost in the playoffs but our QB had good numbers and I think he is still the best in the league!!!."

My favorite part about that last bit is now the Colts fans have found themselves in the shoes the Pats fans were in for years, "You're QB may have good #'s but we have more wins!!"

I think it's really funny.

My favorite part about that last bit is now the Colts fans have found themselves in the shoes the Pats fans were in for years, "You're QB may have good #'s but we have more wins!!"

I think it's really funny.

I know I love it too. But, I prefer the winz over the statz anyday. I don't mind Luck's stats either. I was going to give a lot of our guys a pass this year too for not being as pretty as we wanted on paper.

if I didnt know any better I would think we are playing the redskins next week. at least Ive seen one pretty decent redskin fan on here. the other two, wow someones crying out for attention

Probably little adolescent kids trolling. They kind of remind me of the trollers online when your playing a video game. The kids that cry, whine and complain when you kill them in Call of Duty.

36yo who digresses in the post season...no thanks.

I don't think digress is the word you are looking for here... more like regress. Speaking of regressing Tom Brady has done that himself, and he turns 36 next year. The patriots haven't won a championship in a while either.

I have a feeling this is something we can look forward to for years to come between Colts and Redskin fans. If that holds true this will become the most epic thread ever.

If either one is playing better right now, it's RGIII. That being said, it's a bit early to tell who the better QB is.

Bear in mind, RGIII plays for a decent overall football club and yet the Skins are only 3-4.

Luck plays for the Colts - which is really a handful of very solid players among a sea of mediocre to below average players. Luck enjoys the luxury of playing behind a bottom 5 O-line in the NFL. (Not that the Redskins have a great one, but the Colts' is just that much worse) In spite of that, the Colts are 3-3. (Thank god for Reggie Wayne)

Again, I think if either one gets the nod right now it's RGIII...but given the teams they play for and at this early point in their careers it's just too early to tell.

Amendment. The Colts are 4-3 and the 6th seed in their conference. The Redskins are 3-5.

I still think it's too early to tell, given who they've played and the vastly different teams they play for.