Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

is there a starter in the nfl that throws a worse deep ball than Luck

GoodLuck

Hes still working on his timing with the WRs. Hes also a rookie and is going to make mistakes. I think people forget sometimes he is a rookie because he doesn't play like one. A few of the deep balls he missed the pocket was collapsing or he had someone about to hit him so he had to throw off his back foot which will cause the ball to sail a little more. When he gets the timing down with the wr and our oline improves so will his play. He's 5 games into his career give him some time. Rg3 has overthrown his wr several times that I have seen and he has a great deep ball. It just takes time to get to know the wr speed and timing. He has plenty of arm Strength

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically speaking the completion rate on deep balls is usually sub 40% or even sub 30%.

So Far through 6 weeks, here is how the starting QB's have stacked up. I believe KC/ARI are the only teams that have started more than 1 QB. It is sorted on the # of attempts. The # of attempts are too small to really sort any other way outside of maybe alphabetical.

31yards2.jpg

I would say that based on the data Schaub and surprisingly Bradford have been the most successful and Rivers/Vick have been the least successful. Vick has an outstanding arm, but no touch or accuracy.

I figured some would like to take a look at the #'s as opposed to a blanket statement.

It's there for those with an interest.

Lets face it. The kid doesn't have it. We have seen enough.

And I highly doubt this QB of ours could ever do anything special either, like help lead the Colts to an emotional win or something vs. a team whose QB is one of the most feared in the league.

Oh wait.........

Your sarcasm timing is simply impeccable and flawless Jules. haha:lol: Every great comedian knows when to deliver a punchline with just the perfect tone. Nice!!!

Statistically speaking the completion rate on deep balls is usually sub 40% or even sub 30%.

So Far through 6 weeks, here is how the starting QB's have stacked up. I believe KC/ARI are the only teams that have started more than 1 QB. It is sorted on the # of attempts. The # of attempts are too small to really sort any other way outside of maybe alphabetical.

31yards2.jpg

I would say that based on the data Schaub and surprisingly Bradford have been the most successful and Rivers/Vick have been the least successful. Vick has an outstanding arm, but no touch or accuracy.

I figured some would like to take a look at the #'s as opposed to a blanket statement.

It always cracks me up how NFL scouts fall in love with arm strength and textbook throwing motions not touch and laser beam accuracy. QB Jeff George never won a SB now did he despite his incredible arm strength. However, Tom Brady despite his lackluster Combine experience has 3 SB rings to his credit.

0430_large.jpg

4f2eb4f00f212.image.jpg

31yards2.jpg

This is good. Looking at the numbers though shows the other rookies outperforming Luck on this stat. Russell Wilson throwing the long ball better than Luck...cmon man.

It always cracks me up how NFL scouts fall in love with arm strength and textbook throwing motions not touch and laser beam accuracy. QB Jeff George never won a SB now did he despite his incredible arm strength. However, Tom Brady despite his lackluster Combine experience has 3 SB rings to his credit.

0430_large.jpg

4f2eb4f00f212.image.jpg

George had a mustache and mullet. What did they expect?

OMG post like this make me want to break my computer. This is supposed to be a fan forum, FAN.

fan /fan/:

Noun: A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art or entertainment form, or famous person.

Admiration! I see more negative posts here than positive lately and it's tiring. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, OF COURSE THERE"S GONNA BE BAD GAMES AND PLAYS. We all know this so why do we have to make asinine post stating the obvious. As we said week 1 Andrew Luck is still young and is going to need to catch up with the speed of the NFL. He hasn't got to throw the deep ball much this year a lot in part of the replacement refs. We all remember every time we went deep with the replacement refs we would get a no call pass interference on the defense. So we almost stopped going deep completely, with the regular refs back it'll take time to start connecting deep. Can we stop with so much criticism, if we all could watch your life daily and then comment about it would it be perfect? No, so can we all start looking at some positives. We're 2-3, we were expected to be in contention for the first pick but we're alot more competitive than expected. Let's be happy. Greatness takes time and Rome wasn't built in a day.

I believe (gosh, I thought I was Cher for a moment, there) that discussing the team, warts and all, is what this place is all about. It would be a waste of time if it was all happy clappy blue tinted schmaltz all the time. So, Luck has got some problems. Talk about it, don't ignore it.

At some point he will have to justify his position, or he will end up on the pile of busts, rather than a bust in Canton.

This is good. Looking at the numbers though shows the other rookies outperforming Luck on this stat. Russell Wilson throwing the long ball better than Luck...cmon man.

Russell even throws game winning interceptions better then Luck too.

TBH though can we have that Seattle defense?

I believe (gosh, I thought I was Cher for a moment, there) that discussing the team, warts and all, is what this place is all about. It would be a waste of time if it was all happy clappy blue tinted schmaltz all the time. So, Luck has got some problems. Talk about it, don't ignore it.

At some point he will have to justify his position, or he will end up on the pile of busts, rather than a bust in Canton.

If I could turn back time!!!!

Honestly yeah we all know Luck needs work and sucked vs. the Jets. But, at the same time I am willing to give him time to develop. He has been quite good at times. And quite bad.

And I feel he has the most adversity over any other rookie QB too based on the last year of this team and now Pagano.

If I could turn back time!!!!

Honestly yeah we all know Luck needs work and sucked vs. the Jets. But, at the same time I am willing to give him time to develop. He has been quite good at times. And quite bad.

And I feel he has the most adversity over any other rookie QB too based on the last year of this team and now Pagano.

Agree completely Jules, as always. Just because the lad needs time, doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss his flaws. I do get the feeling some posters like to bury their head in the sand when it comes to our weak points. It's good to talk about them rather than pretending all will be fine. As long as there is a healthy contructive feel about those discussions, and it's not just basic flaming, then I like it that way.

Another pet hate. Say something truthful which is not very flattering about our organisation then the 'sky is falling' mantra is rolled out, on cue (?) everytime.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow

Wow.

Luck with big time clutch completions to win this game. 3rd and 5 to keep the ball away from the Titans at the end of regulation and another in OT to Wayne.

Wow is right. Oh yeah, nearly 70 percent on completions today too.

And the rookie takes his first on the road.