Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags rumor

P-Money

To be honest I don't know what to think...better said my thoughts are controversial... Polian was directing Colts organization well until 2006 SB win. I think after that SB-title he lost something... with Manning on the team he became comfortable... our draft picks didn't really work, there was no FA signings, some players were overpaid causing a history high dead cap hit...we all know well the story.

If he finds his enthusiasm once again (and doesn't take Chris with him) he could run Jags' organization well, but he has to learn how to draft, and especially how to use free agency to build up his team (he seemed to be reluctant to free agency).

Seems more like speculation then anything. I thought Polian was wanting to get away from the job anyway which is why he handed it over to his son. I could only laugh at the suggestion though that Khan would have to tell Polian to be more "likable" in order to sell to the fanbase. That isn't happening.

I think its interesting that the Jags obviously see something in him worth having. Especially post SB win Polian was an awful drafter who got waaaaay to comfortable with Peyton as his centrepiece. I know that drafting is never a sure science but he failed to find a talisman player in his last 5 1st round picks. He might be a good business man but I don't trust him with scouting and he can't handle the media. Personally I wouldn't touch him as a Gen. Manager with a 10 foot pole.

Easier the division the less you prepare for tough opponents. Last decades Colts always lacked one thing, defense, and that's because we never had a hard offense to face in the division.

you really buy that? i dare ask what u blame the awful special teams on?

Easier the division the less you prepare for tough opponents. Last decades Colts always lacked one thing, defense, and that's because we never had a hard offense to face in the division.

Tell that to the Saints when they got bounced out of Seattle lol.

screw that...the easier the division the easier it is to make the playoffs.

I'm not going to say you are right or FX Stryker is right, because I think this is a matter of personal opinion. For me though, I agree with Stryker. I'd rather be in one of the more competitive divisions rather than a cupcake division. I don't think it really affects our team's preparation or anything like that, but for me divisions like the NFC East and AFC North are much more entertaining and interesting than divisions like the AFC East and NFC West where it's pretty much a "gimme" on who's going to win the division. Again, just a personal preference. :)

I'm not going to say you are right or FX Stryker is right, because I think this is a matter of personal opinion. For me though, I agree with Stryker. I'd rather be in one of the more competitive divisions rather than a cupcake division. I don't think it really affects our team's preparation or anything like that, but for me divisions like the NFC East and AFC North are much more entertaining and interesting than divisions like the AFC East and NFC West where it's pretty much a "gimme" on who's going to win the division. Again, just a personal preference. :)

nfc east? it gets pub because of the media, but it hasn't been that great for a while...

nfc east? it gets pub because of the media, but it hasn't been that great for a while...

The reason I still include the NFC east is because each team has quite a bit of talent and it really comes down to "any given sunday" between those teams. There may not be any team in the division that thunders through the season with a 12-4 record, but it's still a crap-shoot as to which team is going to step up and win the division. I think the Giants' recent history proves the point. They haven't finished the season in the past few years with a great record but they've won 2 recent superbowls. Point being the teams are all equally talented and/or well coached so there's no telling who's going to actually win the division and whatever team that is definitely has the talent to go all the way if given the chance. It has certainly been a more competitive division of the past several years than say the NFC South, NFC West or AFC West has been.

The reason I still include the NFC east is because each team has quite a bit of talent and it really comes down to "any given sunday" between those teams. There may not be any team in the division that thunders through the season with a 12-4 record, but it's still a crap-shoot as to which team is going to step up and win the division. I think the Giants' recent history proves the point. They haven't finished the season in the past few years with a great record but they've won 2 recent superbowls. Point being the teams are all equally talented and/or well coached so there's no telling who's going to actually win the division and whatever team that is definitely has the talent to go all the way if given the chance. It has certainly been a more competitive division of the past several years than say the NFC South, NFC West or AFC West has been.

i disagree with about everything you said, but there is no point in arguing about it....