Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck practice with other players in BYE week ?

CS Colts Fan

I thought they where all taking a trip to Somalia for a humanitarian mission? Perhaps on their way back they stayed in Jamaica a couple days?

Quite possibly.

He didn't know. That's why he asked. Snide comment aside.

It's quite obvious he didn't know, which is why I answered the question. That was far from snide. If you want a snide comment, I'm sure I can whip you up a batch.

Quite possibly.

It's quite obvious he didn't know, which is why I answered the question. That was far from snide. If you want a snide comment, I'm sure I can whip you up a batch.

Colts fan meet Colts fan. Take your toy to the carpet and play nice. Your comment was snide. A simple yes would have sufficed.

FJC is correct....

The team practices throughout the week... how hard they practice is up to the coach and the rules in the new CBA.... some of that is determined by when the BYE week falls on the schedule...

Never the less, I'm sure the players get a little extra time to rest.... getting healthy is key.... what's the point of having a bye week if you're not getting healthy....

So, rest assure, Luck was practicing with his teammates throughout this week....

No worries.... it's all good.... :thmup:

Let's keep it clean here folks. And let's get this thread back on track.

I believe it's different with each coach as to how many days off the players get. I thought I read in an article somewhere that Luck would be going back to West Virginia to see his parents. I don't know how long he was there, but I'm sure it wasn't for the whole week. These guys do practice during the off week. I'm not sure what the exact CBA details are, but I believe coaches are allowed to conduct practices during the off week as if it were a regular week. And if not, when you have people like Luck in your locker room, they'll be practicing even if the coaches don't conduct practices.

Quite possibly.

Only if you live in ft Wayne. Then I can come over and have it in person.

sorry that I asked a question for those SO- CALLED EXPERTS HERE !! totally disappoint FJC and those who made their SNIDE

comments.. my question was to the off time...........................

My understanding is they practice till Wednesday of the BYE week coming and then they are off till the following week Tuesday...

So lets ask this again with those parameters..

Can Luck and others practice on their own time ( DURING THE BYE WEEK TIME OFF ) on their own and can they practice @ Locus or DO THEY NEED TO GO OFF SITE... for those who can't comprehend the original question ...

sorry if the OP was not clear

sorry that I asked a question for those SO- CALLED EXPERTS HERE !! totally disappoint FJC and those who made their SNIDE

My understanding is they practice till Wednesday of the BYE week coming and then they are off till the following week Tuesday...

Can Luck and others practice on their own time ( DURING THE BYE WEEK TIME OFF ) on their own and can they practice @ Locus or DO THEY NEED TO GO OFF SITE... for those who can't comprehend the original question ...

They would have to do it outside of the complex, and at their own risk, because the CBA limits the time the team can spend working out. The NFL would/could see even voluntary workouts as unofficial forced workouts.

So it's doubtful that they would do workouts off site and at their own risk.

A QB might hold a receiver after practice here and there to work on some routes, or take them off to another area of the field to work on things while other areas of the team are being addressed in practice.

They work a regular week, and then basically given the weekend off where a lot of players end up going back to their college to catch a game, or spend the down time with family. Others stay around town and continue receive treatment.

ya think ....I know that we were are having organized team practices... my question was to can they have UNORGANIZED practices .... but with it now being Sunday night guess it doesn't make a difference ..

Since you find the answers so insufficient. maybe this will help you locate what you are looking for: https://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA.pdf

Andrew Luck was singled out and told NOT to practice and to go let his hair down and chillax. Told to do something like take a trip to Costa Rica and so forth. Was told that this would be good for his mind and violet chakra (purple chakra). Of course I am just kidding. ;)

I don't see why it would be any different than the offseason.....meaning as long as coaches aren't present, why wouldn't they be able to. However, the question of whether or not they are able to use team facilities still remains. IMO, it is a looong season and they have been working hard since early August. I think taking the time and getting away would be more beneficial than any unorganized practice.

Im not 100% sure, but i believe they practice all week but its more of a light practice, walk throughs and film. you know like maybe an hour or two of running plays with out pads on and lifting. and the guys who are hurt like freeney and angerer prob spend most of the week with the trainer ( since their said to be back next weekend against the packers) to get a good feel on if they will be back for week 5 or if they have to sit out another week. not to mention our " 2013 2nd round pick " vontae Davis also. (sorry threw in the second round pick cause that is what we gave up for him lol)

Man if people consider that a snide remark from FJC then I really hope you all have thicker skin in real life because you are probably offended by everything.

I am sure Luck and others could get together and practice on their own, but I doubt they can use team facilities since the CBA has new rules in there when it comes to practicing.

Hopefully Luck did not do this and just took some time off because with the early bye week it is going to be a long rest of the season.