Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning is Toast...

Buck Showalter

Week 1, Peyton plays lights out, everyone says Peyton is fine

Week 2, Peyton throws 3 Ints, now he's toast?

I hear Ya Joker. I hear Ya. So many many NFL analysts are fickle, flip floppers, and the sky is now falling panic pundits. It drives me nuts. :hissy: :cuss: Peyton Manning has had a 14 year NFL career and it's over now really? A SB winning QB and a 4 time MVP is all washed up now already? Simply asinine and ridiculous...

I hear Ya Joker. I hear Ya. So many many NFL analysts are fickle, flip floppers, and the sky is now falling panic pundits. It drives me nuts. :hissy: :cuss: Peyton Manning has had a 14 year NFL career and it's over now really? A SB winning QB and a 4 time MVP is all washed up now already? Simply asinine and ridiculous...

Perhaps but at this point I think San Fran is a strong bet to win it even with Alex Smith. Peyton needed San Fran more than they needed him to get a ring, imo.

I don't think Peyton is done by any stretch because even if his physical ability is diminished his mind is not. So he can compensate to some extent. Even given his horrendous 1st quarter he was almost able to pull out one of his patented 4th quarter come backs. However, it is starting to look like his best days were left behind him in Indy. I do agree with Whitlock's observation that Peyton can no longer take the top off of defenses. He had been falling off on his deep balls for the past few years in Indy even before the surgery. Unfortunately, he seems to have lost even more on it.

Yeah, but Peyton has never been known to have a cannon arm anyway, so I don't think that's a big deal. That's not what he bases his game on.

I am growing tired of Whitlock, from his constant racist perspectives, to his constant reminders that he played in college to him calling a quarterback just a few days ago "mediocre" that has WON 2 SUPERBOWLS in the CLUTCH, thats right Eli!!

Come on, here was Peyton batteling back in that game, how many of you thought if he just had that ball 1 more time he could pull out the win? How many others QB's can you EVER say that about?

Manning is still recovering from his surgery. You don't go about a year without full use and recover it in 4 months. We will have to wait until late in the season to see if his velocity gradually improves. Anyone that's had any type of joint surgery knows that it can take years to get full use back. With that said, Manning has the best rehab team money can buy and that makes a tremendous difference in recovery time. Plus I didn't see any problems with his arm the last 3 quarters, I think his problem is more just trying to shake the rust off. Falcons played a lot of rolling defenses that the Patriots and Chargers have traditionally used against him and he's always had a problem with them.

Whatever, we'll watch him rise to the challenge and shut up all the nay-sayers like he's always done. Poor Houston.

If Manning is toast as the topic is stated, then right now he's covered with sweet orange marmalade. I'd rather have toast with marmalade, than any other piece of toast in the NFL. The other toast always get burnt badly, especially compared to one with marmalade...Its sad that the toast isn't covered in blueberry jam any more, that would even be sweeter, but hey, at least we can enjoy and have the orange marmalade toast to savor for a while longer.

If Manning is toast as the topic is stated, then right now he's covered with sweet orange marmalade. I'd rather have toast with marmalade, than any other piece of toast in the NFL. The other toast always get burnt badly, especially compared to one with marmalade...Its sad that the toast isn't covered in blueberry jam any more, that would even be sweeter, but hey, at least we can enjoy and have the orange marmalade toast to savor for a while longer.

Thank you for the "smiles" this morning. :):highfive2: :yay:

Think he's French toast, the best toast of them all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUNIKbX_kUg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

it has to do with the fact that Peyton is an elite quarterback i guess. He has the pressure of performing at a top level. Eli we know struggled the first few years.

Most top quarterbacks are consistent but dont throw 6 interceptions in one game or 3 in one quarter like Tom Brady. I like Peyton but he can be like the old Eli Manning under pressure rarely. lol.

the nfl is being renamed the ofl. overreaction football league

being whitlock, i didn't bother reading the article. but i'll assume he mentioned at some point that the broncos need to bring in jeff george

A lot of this overreaction starts with the bi-polar media. They are UP/down UP/down UP/down every week with certain teams/ players. Because of his surgery, they're going to be all over Peyton until he retires. And they're all over the Cowboys/Sanchez/Eli etc every week win or lose.

• 1 month later...

"Everybody plays the fool....sometimes'...." "there's no exceptions to the rule"

Jayson Whitlock (The "I guess' Press)

(9-11-12) John Fox melted down in the first half of Monday night's Broncos-Falcons game because he witnessed his worst Peyton Manning fears, not because the refs were awful.

Berating the refs and talking about the refs were convenient excuses for Fox and ESPN “MNF” analyst Jon Gruden to avoid the elephant in the room. Manning can't throw the ball accurately or with zip more than 20 yards. Manning is toast. Every time he tried to challenge the middle of the field, the Falcons intercepted his weak pass.

Denver scrapped its game plan after the first quarter. Manning threw sideways the rest of the night. Denver was reduced to dinking and dunking. This was painfully obvious. It was embarrassing listening to Gruden avoid the topic and continue to sing the praises of Manning as he handed the ball to Willis McGahee and threw 8-yard outs to Brandon Stokley.

I get that Manning is ratings gold for TV networks, but Gruden took a dump on his own credibility shilling for Manning in such an obvious manner. Manning used to make the opposition defend the entire field. That’s over. He can’t take the top off a defense. On numerous first and second downs, the Falcons walked their safeties up and begged Manning to throw deep. He never even tried. When he threw a few skinny post routes, the passes lacked the customary zip. They got there at about the same time as the safety or corner, who blew up the receiver or defensed the pass.

"Everybody plays the fool....sometimes'...." "there's no exceptions to the rule"

Jayson Whitlock (The "I guess' Press)

(9-11-12) John Fox melted down in the first half of Monday night's Broncos-Falcons game because he witnessed his worst Peyton Manning fears, not because the refs were awful.

Berating the refs and talking about the refs were convenient excuses for Fox and ESPN “MNF” analyst Jon Gruden to avoid the elephant in the room. Manning can't throw the ball accurately or with zip more than 20 yards. Manning is toast. Every time he tried to challenge the middle of the field, the Falcons intercepted his weak pass.

Denver scrapped its game plan after the first quarter. Manning threw sideways the rest of the night. Denver was reduced to dinking and dunking. This was painfully obvious. It was embarrassing listening to Gruden avoid the topic and continue to sing the praises of Manning as he handed the ball to Willis McGahee and threw 8-yard outs to Brandon Stokley.

I get that Manning is ratings gold for TV networks, but Gruden took a dump on his own credibility shilling for Manning in such an obvious manner. Manning used to make the opposition defend the entire field. That’s over. He can’t take the top off a defense. On numerous first and second downs, the Falcons walked their safeties up and begged Manning to throw deep. He never even tried. When he threw a few skinny post routes, the passes lacked the customary zip. They got there at about the same time as the safety or corner, who blew up the receiver or defensed the pass.

:lol::yahoo:

I think it would be great if someone e-mailed him and called him out. There are plenty of comments on the page, but who knows if they actually read those. Of course, if someone does do it, I encourage you to stay classy. Many of the comments call Whitlock a variety of different names and while what he said is ridiculous, there is no need to resort to that.

I think it would be great if someone e-mailed him and called him out. There are plenty of comments on the page, but who knows if they actually read those. Of course, if someone does do it, I encourage you to stay classy. Many of the comments call Whitlock a variety of different names and while what he said is ridiculous, there is no need to resort to that.

In other words....... we shouldn't tell Whitlock he's the one that's toast...???

In other words....... we shouldn't tell Whitlock he's the one that's toast...???

haha that would be fine. If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time he has said something questionable. The question arises as to whether he is doing this because this is what he legitimately believes to be true or is he saying outlandish things so the site gets more visitors and more money?

• 1 month later...

I have supported him since 1996,  when I first watched him at UT.

I am thrilled for the season he had this year.  No matter what happens from this point on,  You can't take away the season he had, and even though it's against my better judgement to do this,  Just this once...  to all the Naysayers, those who doubted him, and trash talked him all season long , and especially  to those that have done their best  to "Will him to fail"  just this once   :neener:

I am Proud of you, and over the top happy for you Peyton   :cheer:

I have supported him since 1996,  when I first watched him at UT.

I am thrilled for the season he had this year.  No matter what happens from this point on,  You can't take away the season he had, and even though it's against my better judgement to do this,  Just this once...  to all the Naysayers, those who doubted him, and trash talked him all season long , and especially  to those that have done their best  to "Will him to fail"  just this once   :neener:

I am Proud of you, and over the top happy for you Peyton   :cheer:

Very well said and I completely agree. :)

I have supported him since 1996, when I first watched him at UT.

I am thrilled for the season he had this year. No matter what happens from this point on, You can't take away the season he had, and even though it's against my better judgement to do this, Just this once... to all the Naysayers, those who doubted him, and trash talked him all season long , and especially to those that have done their best to "Will him to fail" just this once :neener:

I am Proud of you, and over the top happy for you Peyton :cheer:

Ah yeah! Well said!

That story was written 4 months ago! 

.... and so was the post - why revive it?  LOL!

You're right.  Probably shouldn't have.   I guess to me it was as good a place as any to express my feelings of pride and support of Peyton that so many have lambasted through the season.