Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do we do with Angerer?

SubZero

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really is not my defense.. no where near it. Saying he is playing at a pro bowl level really isnt saying much because nowadays anyone with the stats and recognizable name make it... I don't know why you are cherry picking my post. I gave you what I thought true pro bowl playing level is, which he isn't at yet imo.

Yes his stats for now two games into the season are really good, lets see more of it is all i'm saying.

Another point i've been trying to say but you couldn't figure out is stats are misleading at times. You can't base a players performance solely off of stats.

He hasn't been nearly as inconsistent as you make him seem. He SO FAR is playing at a pro bowl level. If in our opinion he somehow isn't, then that's you. He has been great IMO.

Angerer will get his job back when he is healthy. I think Freeman will be the the other ILB and Connor will be the sub.

With Hughes, Freeney, Mathis, Angerer, Freeman, and Connor. I think we have a linebacking corps comparable to the 49ers

I agree with this post. Plus Addison looked good in the preseason and Fokou's been as good a backup as I think we could ask for.

I love how everyone is sitting Conner all of a sudden. Conner has played very well this year

Well, someone has to be the backup.

Anyway, maybe the right question to ask isn't so much whether Connor or Freeman has been better so far, but which of the two, Connor or Freeman, is most capable of backing up both ILB positions.

Phillip B Wilson@pwilson24

#Colts coach on Freeman: "He's exceeded all our expectations."

Expand

https://twitter.com/pwilson24

Do you "rotate" a guy in for Conner and Angerer who has exceeded all of the coaches expectations?

Or do you keep playing him as the starter?

Answer: Give me "keep Freeman on the field" for $100 Bob!

Freeman doesn't need to rotate for anyone.

Phillip B Wilson@pwilson24

#Colts coach on Freeman: "He's exceeded all our expectations."

Expand

https://twitter.com/pwilson24

Do you "rotate" a guy in for Conner and Angerer who has exceeded all of the coaches expectations?

Or do you keep playing him as the starter?

Answer: Give me "keep Freeman on the field" for $100 Bob!

Freeman doesn't need to rotate for anyone.

So what you're suggesting is that we not even give arguably our best defensive player a shot in a new defense

So what you're suggesting is that we not even give arguably our best defensive player a shot in a new defense

He's not arguably our best def player. Not even close.

He's had one good year on a 2-14 team, and it wasn't even that good. He is coming off an injury and has yet to play in this system. All signs point to Freeman keeping the job.

No I surely am not. What I am saying is Freeman should be one of the starters. If there is a rotation it should be

between Angerer and Conner. With my preference being Angerer as the starter and Kavell subbing in.

You have a hard decision to make with Kavell because he is also playing well. With everything being said, I

don't believe Freeman should be off the field. He should not be anyones' back up.

I think starting Freeman/Angerer or Conner/Angerer or Conner/Freeman are all good to match ups, realistically, we will see all of them. If someone is just somewhat dinged up, not necessarily hurt, Colts can give that player less playing time and come off the bench.

I wouldn't mind seeing Conner playing OLB on certain downs, where he might fall back in coverage ( would have to move around the line more if he rushes the QB, like a blitzing 3rd MLB)

There is still NO WAY I pull Freeman off the field right now. The guy is playing out of his mind. Its just my opinion, but Freeman has better speed, takes better angles to the ball carrier, and finishes tackles much better than Pat does. I still say Pat should have to earn his spot back. Pat is in NO WAY that much better than Freeman to just have his spot given back to him.

I hope this is sarcasm. No way Freeman is better than Pat. Good, yes. Better than Pat, NO

This isn't the Improv...its the Colts Forum....with that said I'm completely serious...His performance tells me everything I need to know...just because Pat Made a bunch of second level tackles doesnt make him good....

If freeman can have a good game against the jaguars then I see him starting over Conner, but def not pat angerer

Last year's team was 2-14 yet you think the same formula will yield better results....I'm fine with Angerer coming in on a rotation...but he will most likely start and we will all see the differences together.....

Mathis is looking great so far. Along with Hughes, Freeney looks more and more expendable as time goes on

We need him this year. If he is screwing up against the run, they can take him out and put Hughes in or somebody

else that plays it better if need be. When it comes to the pass we can plug him back in and let him hunt.

My gut is they will cut, trade, or release him next year. This year we need him.

We need him this year. If he is screwing up against the run, they can take him out and put Hughes in or somebody

else that plays it better if need be. When it comes to the pass we can plug him back in and let him hunt.

My gut is they will cut, trade, or release him next year. This year we need him.

Well I know this is the final year of his huge contract. If he doesn't produce in a big way, I don't see him sticking with the team

For what its worth:

Angerer in 2011-16G, 1sack, 1int, 3PD, 2FF, 1FR, 76Tackles(4.75g)70Ast(4.3g)

Freeman in 2012-2G, 1sack, 1Int, 1PD, 1FF, 11Tackles (5.5g)7Ast(3.5g)

Seems Freeman has an edge after only 2 Games......

Good stat there my son! Good stat. Although I will say there is a difference in what the 2 schemes ask them to do.

Angerer was rarely asked to blitz as many times as Freeman will in a game. Overall I like that stat though.

The PD, FF, and Int stats stick out. To be honest even the sack stat sticks out even with what I have stated above.

So many of you are what have you done for my lately kind of guys in the fact that many seem to be negative towards Pat for his injury. What's wrong with giving him the shot to see how he does? He earned his stripes playing with the intensity he did on a 2-14 team last year. Like many have said this is a great problem to have. No, I agree absolutely not do you just pull Freeman and give Angerer the starting role, but you have to give him enough playing time to progress and earn it back if you think he has a high ceiling.

I think starting Freeman/Angerer or Conner/Angerer or Conner/Freeman are all good to match ups, realistically, we will see all of them. If someone is just somewhat dinged up, not necessarily hurt, Colts can give that player less playing time and come off the bench.

I wouldn't mind seeing Conner playing OLB on certain downs, where he might fall back in coverage ( would have to move around the line more if he rushes the QB, like a blitzing 3rd MLB)

Yes... I would move all of them ALL over the place... the more controlled chaos the better.

He's not arguably our best def player. Not even close.

He's had one good year on a 2-14 team, and it wasn't even that good. He is coming off an injury and has yet to play in this system. All signs point to Freeman keeping the job.

Dude be real Angerer is the third best defender on the team behind Freeney and Mathis and he had more then one good game heck he lead the NFL for most of last year in tackles and I think he ended the season 4th or 5th in tackles and thats being out for a game. To me Freeman looks better then Conner, Conner's down side to me is he takes bad angles at time, but hands down there isn't a ILB on this team better than Pat Angerer....

Dude be real Angerer is the third best defender on the team behind Freeney and Mathis and he had more then one good game heck he lead the NFL for most of last year in tackles and I think he ended the season 4th or 5th in tackles and thats being out for a game. To me Freeman looks better then Conner, Conner's down side to me is he takes bad angles at time, but hands down there isn't a ILB on this team better than Pat Angerer....

Dude. I am real.

If teams were to pick apart our roster Angerer would be fairly far down the list of best def. players....Freeney Mathis Bethea Davis Powers Redding would all be chosen before Angerer.

Angerer finished tied for 24th in Tackles last year. Played and Started in all 16 games.

Dude. I am real.

If teams were to pick apart our roster Angerer would be fairly far down the list of best def. players....Freeney Mathis Bethea Davis Powers Redding would all be chosen before Angerer.

Angerer finished tied for 24th in Tackles last year. Played and Started in all 16 games.

We have 4 ILB's that are really easy to get behind as fans, and 3 of them are pleasant surprises so far this year. However, there is nothing established yet among this group - nothing will be settled until this staff sees many more games using more combinations of talent available. Angerer will be given every opportunity to re-assert himself as the MIke LB in this scheme - doesn't mean he'll start in his first game back, but he is going to play a ton once healthy. Regardless of scheme, Angerer is a proven NFL veteran who will be where coaches ask him to be with enough physical talent to make plays. I guarantee you the coaches still see him as the "starter" and the only way that label is removed is if Angerer's play doesn't reinforce that label when he returns. Freeman has an emerging role much larger than everyone thought because of what he has done with his opportunity so far. How much that role is tweaked or stays the same depends completely on Angerer play once healthy.