Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver at Atlanta (9-17-12) Mon. nite

oldunclemark

I expect to see a lot of pressure on Matt Ryan. If we had been playing anyone but big Ben on Sunday night, we probably would have had atleast 8 or 9 sacks. It's going to be a great game and both teams will be able to score some points. It might come down to turnovers...

MHM

They said that the Sunday Night game was the higest rated game on NBC in 13 years....

I would expect the Broncos to be breaking TV rating records all season...

I guess everyone is expecting a shootout. Knowing Matt Ryan and Mike Smith, if they are smart, they will dink and dunk and want to score TDs to accomplish the dual threat of punching in TDs vs Peyton and keeping him on the sidelines more.

Last game, I thought the score would be 23-17 or something, but the defensive TD by Porter put the Broncos over the 30 mark.

This game, I think will be something along the lines of a 27-23 game, not a shootout but enough points to go around. To me, a shootout is where both teams get into the mid 30s at least, in the current NFL. The best shootout I ever enjoyed was the 4th & 2 game where we beat the Pats 35-34

I expect to see atlanta run the ball more to use some clock. less time manning is on the field the less of a chance the broncos win. but i do gotta say one thing. when tracey porter picked off rothlisberger for a TD i bet that brought back bad memories to peyton during the superbowl. pretty much almost the same play lol.

I expect to see atlanta run the ball more to use some clock. less time manning is on the field the less of a chance the broncos win. but i do gotta say one thing. when tracey porter picked off rothlisberger for a TD i bet that brought back bad memories to peyton during the superbowl. pretty much almost the same play lol.

Expect running too, and that will be also used to try & set up a big pass play, esp as of now appears Broncos are down their 3rd CB Harris, and next in line has 1 NFL start with Bronos in 09 and played in total of 7 games, besides him only Rookie Omar Bolden is on the roster, They are thin there

Who is the corner who is out for Atlanta....Brent Grimes...?

Average or high quality?

Here is an article on him & the meaning to his team now that he is on IR

From That article --Grimes. He probably was their third-most important defensive player and maybe ranked second only to John Abraham (while just ahead or behind Sean Weatherspoon ).

(( Sounds like he was far better than average, and most likely of high quality ))

The loss of Grimes will test Thomas Dimitroff. Every personnel guy has an “on-deck list” — street free agents and players on 31 other practice squad. It also will test the coaching staff, particularly Mike Smith (for attitude) and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan (for scheme).

Mike Peterson said. “I don’t think there’s a whole lot of talking about this, or guys moping about it. We’re going to miss Brent. But this just means everybody else has to turn it up that much more.”

Center Todd McClure added: “Smitty always talks about it: Everybody’s roles are always changing, and they just changed for somebody over there. But [acquiring Asante] Samuel in the offseason kind of prepared us for this, so we have a little flexibility.”

(( Samuel is familiar with Peyton from his Patriot Years at least ))

http://blogs.ajc.com...ff_schultz_blog

U got to love this ,

Broncos fans in Afghanistan hope to rock the vote for a 3rd week & see Broncos Vs Texans

Broncos fans at Camp Leatherneck Afghanistan hope folks with a few seconds to spare can go point-and-click on the fan voting for games to be shown on the American Forces Network.

Voting opens Sunday each week and ends on Tuesday. The games with the most votes will be shown to the troops on AFN.

Basically you “like” the AFN Facebook page and then vote using this link.

Sgt. Morrow reports the Broncos opener against the Steelers was broadcast on AFN

and Monday’s game against the Falcons will be — both primetime affairs — but if you have a few minutes for Sgt. Morrow and his fellow fans, they’d like to see the Sept. 23 game against the Texans.

(( So, click away. here on facebook to vote http://www.facebook.com/myAFN/app_137676049649818 ))

ARTICLE

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/15/broncos-fans-af/15692/

Imo it was a very different play. In the SB, Manning threw it quick to the left on the inside where wayne is supposed to cut in for the crossing pattern. In The SNF game, Big Ben stared down his reciever and threw it out to the left where the defender had the better position the whole time.

Agree Atlanta will run it a lot. Probably a lot of playaction down the field to Julio and White too

A Matter of a Coin flip & Matt Ryan would most likely be a Chief

The Falcons, Chiefs and Raiders finished the 2007 season 4-12. After working through the tiebreakers, the Chiefs and Falcons needed a coin flip to see who would get the No. 3 pick, following the Dolphins and Rams.

Heads, you lose. Tails, you change everything.

his desk, is a presentation box with a large silver coin inside.

A gift from team owner Arthur Blank, there is a small plaque affixed to it that simply reads "the winning coin."

It is a reminder of how, in an instant, fortunes change. How a spin of a coin, a 50-50 chance, and one little word put the future of the Falcons at the intersection of good fortune and necessity. When they, like all other NFL franchises, needed a franchise quarterback to lead them, and fortune smiled upon them.

"Things have to be going your way and fate has to be on your side," said Dimitroff, who correctly called tails.

No discussion necessary"I give consideration to the coin flip virtually every day of my career,"

Dimitroff said. "If not for that flip and me calling tails, we would be in a very different situation as a franchise. But that's not because I flipped well or necessarily knew what to do. There is an element of faith there, and we all have to remember that. That's the reason it's on my desk, to remind me of that."

Dimitroff still had to wait on draft day to get his quarterback. Things fell into place as the Dolphins selected offensive tackle Jake Long at No. 1 and the Rams selected defensive end Chris Long at No. 2.

That coin flip in the winter of 2008 led to Dimitroff selecting quarterback Matt Ryan as the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL draft, a move that transformed the organization.

"I was like, 'Let's get (the pick) in as quick as we can,' of choosing Ryan, a former Boston College star. "We made the decision if he was going to be there, we were going to pull him off the board. When he was available, there was no discussion. We knew exactly where we were going."

Read more:Falcons' Matt Ryan an example of why QBs dominate top of NFL draft - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz26eD3Pl6Q

Broncos at Falcons: Five things to watch

all items described in detail in article, two I gave the details to

1. Staying clean with abundance of noise

It will be noisy inside the Georgia Dome, so Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will have to do largely with hand signals and a silent count to communicate with the rest of the offense. The Broncos have to make that work without any assignment blunders, especially in pass protection, or the Broncos will have to slow the tempo, which isn't their strength. Manning took his biggest hit of the season opener on a blown protection call — the Broncos' line fired out right, which left the Steelers with an overload uncovered to the left, and Steelers outside linebacker Jason Worilds came in untouched for a first-quarter sack.

2. Take advantage of dearth of corners ( that is lack of CB Grimes do to injury )

3. Pay attention to where Abraham lines up

4. Tackles or touchdowns: That is the choice ( with speedy receivers if u miss a tackle its a TD )

5. Measuring stick for Manning's teammates

Peyton Manning has certainly been there and done that in his career. He won't be rattled by a raucous crowd at the Georgia Dome or yet another nationally televised game.

But if the Broncos want to be one of the league's heavyweights, this is exactly the kind of game the rest of the team will have to play with composure and intensity.

The Broncos haven't won a road game against a team that went to the playoffs in the same season since 2009.

re:Broncos at Falcons: Five things to watch - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...h#ixzz26jAYUels

Oh I beg to differ, I saw many a tackle on 'Big Ben' last year when we played them. The pass rush just has to be relentless. A cut and paste O-line helps too.

The point is that Ryan is easier to bring down than ben, agreed?

and that's the key Monday night......Denver is very fast defensively.....and they have to crarte some turnovers

because nobdoy's going to keep Atlanta off the scorebard for 4 quarters

Broncos at Falcons: Five things to watch

all items described in detail in article, two I gave the details to

1. Staying clean with abundance of noise

It will be noisy inside the Georgia Dome, so Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will have to do largely with hand signals and a silent count to communicate with the rest of the offense. The Broncos have to make that work without any assignment blunders, especially in pass protection, or the Broncos will have to slow the tempo, which isn't their strength. Manning took his biggest hit of the season opener on a blown protection call — the Broncos' line fired out right, which left the Steelers with an overload uncovered to the left, and Steelers outside linebacker Jason Worilds came in untouched for a first-quarter sack.

2. Take advantage of dearth of corners ( that is lack of CB Grimes do to injury )

3. Pay attention to where Abraham lines up

4. Tackles or touchdowns: That is the choice ( with speedy receivers if u miss a tackle its a TD )

5. Measuring stick for Manning's teammates

Peyton Manning has certainly been there and done that in his career. He won't be rattled by a raucous crowd at the Georgia Dome or yet another nationally televised game.

But if the Broncos want to be one of the league's heavyweights, this is exactly the kind of game the rest of the team will have to play with composure and intensity.

The Broncos haven't won a road game against a team that went to the playoffs in the same season since 2009.

re:Broncos at Falcons: Five things to watch - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...h#ixzz26jAYUels

"The Broncos haven't won a road game against a team that went to the playoffs

in the same season since 2009."

(Tim Tebow never beat a playoff team? Does Skip Bayless know that?

The point is that Ryan is easier to bring down than ben, agreed?

and that's the key Monday night......Denver is very fast defensively.....and they have to crarte some turnovers

because nobdoy's going to keep Atlanta off the scorebard for 4 quarters

agreed

This should be a big night for Brandon Stokley...as the 3rd receiver....

....He'll go against a non starter or a safety..and he can get open......

The Falcions will see the quick out pass-run TD to Demaryius Thomas..and they'll be set up for a stoop-and go pump fake bomb wiyth him or Decker.....

..and Peyton playing indoors can get it deep to them....if the Falcons think his arm, is weak..

This should be a big night for Brandon Stokley...as the 3rd receiver....

....He'll go against a non starter or a safety..and he can get open......

The Falcions will see the quick out pass-run TD to Demaryius Thomas..and they'll be set up for a stoop-and go pump fake bomb wiyth him or Decker.....

..and Peyton playing indoors can get it deep to them....if the Falcons think his arm, is weak..

The Broncos have much the same issue if Chris Harris' sprained right ankle ( hasnt improved to the point of being able to play )Harris has not practiced & is listed as questionable.

20120914__FBNanalysis091512~p1_200.jpg

Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez, left, grabs a touchdown pass while covered by Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. Gonzalez will prove a difficult matchup for the Broncos, especially in the red zone. (Charlie Riedel, The Associated Press)

His absence would move Tony Carter — one career start, as a rookie with the Broncos in 2009 — into the nickel spot.

The Broncos, when they go to the nickel, put Carter at one of the outside cornerback positions and move either Champ Bailey or Tracy Porter into the slot. The thinking is then a player like Carter would have the sideline to help him with his positioning at times and he could use his speed.

• The Broncos have to find a way to slow down opposing tight ends at some point. It was dilemma in the postseason loss to the Patriots when the Broncos repeatedly tried to match the undersized Harris on New England's Rob Gronkowski. And it was a bit of an issue last Sunday against the Steelers.

Even in his 16th season, Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez is a difficult matchup, especially in the scoring zone. In their opener, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan quickly looked to Gonzalez for a touchdown immediately after a Chiefs turnover gave the Falcons quality field position.

Gonzalez can overpower safeties who let him use his body to ward them off, and he'll still run past many linebackers. The Broncos have to find somebody up the challenge because the Saints' Jimmy Graham and Gronkowski are on the docket in the coming weeks.

e:Broncos need to pass a tough test on road to demonstrate improvement - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...t#ixzz26kfUNG6b

Injury Report broncos

Harris, hasnt practiced at all, is Questionable

OG Ramierz Elbow & WR, DT shoulder ( remember he stiff armed a defender and then was dragged down with twisting that arm last game )

BOTH FULLY PRACTICE ALL WEEK & listed probable

Back up OG/C Blake hurt thumb in Practice and practiced only limited on Fridays is QUESTIONABLE

http://www.denverbro...ury-report.html

Who's that really fast guy in the Denver secondary who dropped 2 or 3 interceptions agianst the Steelers..

he's the backup, right?

I think you are talking about Rahim Moore, our safety? He is a starter. He is really fast but he is work in progress.

Injury Report broncos

Harris, hasnt practiced at all, is Questionable

OG Ramierz Elbow & WR, DT shoulder ( remember he stiff armed a defender and then was dragged down with twisting that arm last game )

BOTH FULLY PRACTICE ALL WEEK & listed probable

Back up OG/C Blake hurt thumb in Practice and practiced only limited on Fridays is QUESTIONABLE

http://www.denverbro...ury-report.html

I truly HATED Polamalu for that play. He really tried to rip Damaryius Thomas's arm.

I think you are talking about Rahim Moore, our safety? He is a starter. He is really fast but he is work in progress.

I truly HATED Polamalu for that play. He really tried to rip Damaryius Thomas's arm.

get Rahim some Stick'em BAB...case he's in position....

I guess there's a reason some guys play on defense//

You've probably been told that the Broncos defense (speedy edge ruhsers and savy secondary vets with ahard hitting trusty inside lLB)

very much resembles the Indianapolis defenses of the last decade..

get Rahim some Stick'em BAB...case he's in position....

I guess there's a reason some guys play on defense//

You've probably been told that the Broncos defense (speedy edge ruhsers and savy secondary vets with ahard hitting trusty inside lLB)

very much resembles the Indianapolis defenses of the last decade..

Is that good? :yay:

Is that good? :yay:

not really a compliment in my opinion, not sure if true as far as staring corners, but depth on broncos is nill & lets see if they can stop the run consistently

Colt D never could get a team off the field

would of rather had another DT , Safety , CB or weapon than a QB with 2nd pick

would of rather had another DT , Safety , CB or weapon than a QB with 2nd pick

Yeah, in hindsight. Another DT would have been nice. But they needed to have plan #2 just in case Peyton didn't work out. Remember, this was a secret opportunity to can the most popular QB we've had since Elway. Plus Elway is sold on Osweiler's upside. I guess it's really helpful to have his son as a good friend at ASU.

Yeah, in hindsight. Another DT would have been nice. But they needed to have plan #2 just in case Peyton didn't work out. Remember, this was a secret opportunity to can the most popular QB we've had since Elway. Plus Elway is sold on Osweiler's upside. I guess it's really helpful to have his son as a good friend at ASU.

Brocks upside is predicated on Learning from Peyton, if Peyton goes down ,, cant pl,ay again , and retires no one for Brock to learn from

The idea of Peyton was to win now with him, Thus u needed to give him the tools & By that i mean the best all around team behind him to onto the field, whether that was on offense or defense

Just my opinion

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2012/09/with-manning-and-ryan-in-the-lyrics-sing-along-to-mnf-version-of-the-devil-went-down-to-georgia/

Below are the game-specific lyrics that Daniels recorded last week in anticipation of Peyton’s trip to Georgia.

Peyton went down to Georgia right out on the Falcons’ home field

He was in a bind cause in the back of his mind he knew Ryan was the sho-nuff deal

The boy said my name’s Matty and it might be a sin

But I’ll make you a bet that you’re gonna regret cause I’m the best there’s ever been

Ryan you’d better step up proud and give it all you’ve got

Cause Peyton’s loose in Georgia and that Denver D is hot

But if you win you’ll make it one step closer to the goal

Down that long hard highway to the Super Bowl

When Matty finished Peyton said you’re pretty good ‘ol son

But sit down on that sideline and I’ll show you how it’s done

Fire on the Mountain run boys run, Ryan and Manning gonna have a little fun

Chicken in the breadpan picking out dough

Broncs and the Falcons getting ready to go.

Interesting..

http://frontrow.espn...own-to-georgia/

Below are the game-specific lyrics that Daniels recorded last week in anticipation of Peyton’s trip to Georgia.

Peyton went down to Georgia right out on the Falcons’ home field

He was in a bind cause in the back of his mind he knew Ryan was the sho-nuff deal

The boy said my name’s Matty and it might be a sin

But I’ll make you a bet that you’re gonna regret cause I’m the best there’s ever been

Ryan you’d better step up proud and give it all you’ve got

Cause Peyton’s loose in Georgia and that Denver D is hot

But if you win you’ll make it one step closer to the goal

Down that long hard highway to the Super Bowl

When Matty finished Peyton said you’re pretty good ‘ol son

But sit down on that sideline and I’ll show you how it’s done

Fire on the Mountain run boys run, Ryan and Manning gonna have a little fun

Chicken in the breadpan picking out dough

Broncs and the Falcons getting ready to go.

Interesting..

The Peyton Went Down to Georgia!