Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy Special

Lucky Colts Fan

I love me some gadget plays.  Well, usually... 

5624e7109dd7cc14008c2e39-750-401.jpg

:facepalm:

Anyways... we all remember the Philly Special play the Eagles used to help beat New England in the Super Bowl.  :scoregood:

I hope Frank Reich will have an Indy Special like this up his sleeve for the Colts.

The question is who will throw a TD to Luck?  Do we have any former high school or college baseball players/QBs like Trey Burton at WR/TE/HB that can throw?

• Like 1

Actually, it's a run designed with Robert Turbin under center, handing off to TY Hilton, who then hands off to AL, who runs behind Braden Smith and Auston Howard (by the way: have you SEEN this guy?), and they punch it into the end zone from the 40 yard line...

Saves on wear-and-tear on his shoulder. THIS is why he's all bulked up over the summer...

(As a relatively new poster, I understand that one is supposed to designate sarcasm as such: please read this post as same!)

Really: it's going to be a LONG six weeks or so...

• Like 4

I for one, am soooo sick of Philadelphia being some kind of “new” thing. 

Kudos for the Eagles beating the Pats but they had s bit of luck on their side when Rogers got hurt and when the Vikings beat the Saints. 

Living near Philadelphia is tough this year and they deserve a ring, a Lombardi and all the accolades that go with winning the SB.

But can we pump the brakes on copying their “blueprint” ? They gave up 33 points in the SB and beat 2 playoff teams during the season. The Philadelphia Eagles are the most overrated team in the NFL.

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Kudos for the Eagles beating the Pats but they had s bit of luck on their side when Rogers got hurt and when the Vikings beat the Saints. 

Living near Philadelphia is tough this year and they deserve a ring, a Lombardi and all the accolades that go with winning the SB.

But can we pump the brakes on copying their “blueprint” ? They gave up 33 points in the SB and beat 2 playoff teams during the season. The Philadelphia Eagles are the most overrated team in the NFL.

who-peed-in-your-wheaties.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

T.Y. or Brissett could throw it to him 

I thought about Brissett, but I can't remember the last time I saw two QBs on the field for the same play.

Plus the defense would have to know it's going to be a pass of some kind with both of them out there because it would be insane to make your top 2 QBs block for a run play... right?

Unless Luck and Brissett create some sort of diversion on the side of the field near our sideline (like they're still talking to the coach and figuring out what the play is or something) while the direct-snap to Mack goes the other way when the defense is watching both QBs... then Mack hands the reverse to TY, who throws it backward to Brissett still waiting behind the LOS, who throws it to Luck who snuck up the sideline into the endzone in all the confusion after the snap... that's some trickeration right there.  That would be pretty exciting if it worked.  Kelly-to-Mack-to-TY-to-Brissett-to-Luck.  The Indy Special.  I like it.  Luck might need acting lessons to pull it off, but I like it.

tenor.gif?itemid=3316488

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I mean. They won the superbowl with a backup QB. And beat the team Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Ben Roethlisberger couldn't. I think they deserve a bit of credit.

Plus, it's Philly. What you expect? They riot when they win, they riot when they lose haha

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I thought about Brissett, but I can't remember the last time I saw two QBs on the field for the same play.

Plus the defense would have to know it's going to be a pass of some kind with both of them out there because it would be insane to make your top 2 QBs block for a run play... right?

Unless Luck and Brissett create some sort of diversion on the side of the field near our sideline (like they're still talking to the coach and figuring out what the play is or something) while the direct-snap to Mack goes the other way when the defense is watching both QBs... then Mack hands the reverse to TY, who throws it backward to Brissett still waiting behind the LOS, who throws it to Luck who snuck up the sideline into the endzone in all the confusion after the snap... that's some trickeration right there.  That would be pretty exciting if it worked.  Kelly-to-Mack-to-TY-to-Brissett-to-Luck.  The Indy Special.  I like it.  Luck might need acting lessons to pull it off, but I like it.

tenor.gif?itemid=3316488

2 QB’s on the field wouldn’t signal pass. And if it did, even better to call the QB draw out of the wildcat (wild horse in the Colts case) 

12 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I mean. They won the superbowl with a backup QB. And beat the team Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Ben Roethlisberger couldn't. I think they deserve a bit of credit.

Plus, it's Philly. What you expect? They riot when they win, they riot when they lose haha

I know I’m being unreasonable and they do deserve credit, but Eagles fans are the worst. I’m glad they beat the Pats but they are my second most hated team (after the Pats). 

17 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I know I’m being unreasonable and they do deserve credit, but Eagles fans are the worst. I’m glad they beat the Pats but they are my second most hated team (after the Pats). 

Oh for sure they’re annoying. But they got 1 Super Bowl in 50 years. I’ll just let em enjoy it. Plus I always find rowdy celebrations that may or may not involve the consumption of horse crap to be hilarious haha 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Oh for sure they’re annoying. But they got 1 Super Bowl in 50 years. I’ll just let em enjoy it. Plus I always find rowdy celebrations that may or may not involve the consumption of horse crap to be hilarious haha 

Yeah the Cubs hadn't won a WS in 108 years and everyone loved us outside of our fanbase until that happened. Everyone said the Cubs had the most loyal fans to put up with years of losing. Once the Cubs won it all, now everyone outside of our fanbase hates us and thinks Cubs fans are bandwagon fans haha. Funniest thing ever.  

On 6/22/2018 at 11:33 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3316488

isnt that out of the movie the whole nine yards?

On 6/23/2018 at 11:44 AM, NorthernBlue said:

But they got 1 Super Bowl in 50 years. I’ll just let em enjoy it.

Yeah, Eagles fans waited a long time for their ring. I'm cool with em going a little :banana:

Besides, since Carson Wentz wasn't there for Philly when it mattered most, he'll be really motivated now. No room for complacency period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, Eagles fans waited a long time for their ring. I'm cool with em going a little :banana:

Besides, since Carson Wentz wasn't there for Philly when it mattered most, he'll be really motivated now. No room for complacency period.

Oh for sure, Wentz is fat motivated. I believe he said during the post game celebration something along the lines of "That's me next year!" 

You hate Dallas right? IK you must have been quite happy to see one of the teams the 'Boys loathe the most to win it all haha 

21 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Oh for sure, Wentz is fat motivated. I believe he said during the post game celebration something along the lines of "That's me next year!" 

You hate Dallas right? IK you must have been quite happy to see one of the teams the 'Boys loathe the most to win it all haha 

Yeah, anytime the Eagles or BIG Blue win the NFC East I'm pleased as punch. Having said all that, I do like Dak Prescott though. Nice guy who will win a SB before his career ends. Just don't hoist the Lambardi against INDY in the SB. That's all I ask.

Carson Wentz is a salt of the earth tough as nails QB I like a great deal too. It's easy to see why Philly loves this bring your lunch pale kid so much. The Eagles are legit. Their o-line & d-line are top tier. They'll be in the playoff mix for yrs to come even with a healthy Rodgers back in Green Bay.

One last thing...I listen to host Colin Cowherd a lot who loves the Pats & hates all the smack talk coming from the Eagles. I kinda like all their shots at NE recently because Boston has to learn that their dominance won't last forever & as much as I respect BB; I get weary of all the media love NE always gets before the regular season has even kicked off yet.

22 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

You hate Dallas right? IK you must have been quite happy to see one of the teams the 'Boys loathe the most to win it all

To be totally honest with you NB, the reason I hate Dallas so much is because they haven't won a SB since 1995 & if you listen to Jerry Jones you'd think they played in February. They get all this buzz & hoopla for doing absolutely nothing for like 23 yrs & although I will admit their QB & RB are supremely talented right now--Can we tap the enthusiasm brakes just a tad Jerry? Please. Yes, your cheerleaders are pretty & AT&T Stadium is quite plush. However, your objective is to win rings right? Just checking.

Bill Cowher & the Steelers should have won that SB in 1995 with Rod Woodson on the roster. Rod is 1 of the coolest cats ever too. Great analyst too.

Just to be clear, I respect both Cowher & Woodson & I don't blame either guy for losing that game in 95. Pittsburgh was so close to winning that game. It really was. Sigh...

On 6/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Cubs hadn't won a WS in 108 years and everyone loved us outside of our fanbase until that happened. Everyone said the Cubs had the most loyal fans to put up with years of losing. Once the Cubs won it all, now everyone outside of our fanbase hates us and thinks Cubs fans are bandwagon fans haha. Funniest thing ever.  

Talk about a short Cinderella honeymoon man. It takes over a century to taste glory again & then all the other MLB fans go, "alright break it up Bill Murray; you're too darn happy for our liking. Move it along. " :D

On 6/22/2018 at 10:47 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Plus, it's Philly. What you expect? They riot when they win, they riot when they lose

I think that should be on their license novelty plates. Either that or 'we love ya when you win & we'll tar & feather ya if you come up short AKA Don't Suck.'

Philly would be a hard city to play for. Stroll into the FBI. "I need Witness Protection? Why? Do you have intel on mob money laundering? No, I just lost in the SB. Right this way for your new identity Carson." LOL!

Donavon McNabb was never the same QB after he lost in the SB either. Just saying,

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I love me some gadget plays.  Well, usually... 

5624e7109dd7cc14008c2e39-750-401.jpg

:facepalm:

Anyways... we all remember the Philly Special play the Eagles used to help beat New England in the Super Bowl.  :scoregood:

I hope Frank Reich will have an Indy Special like this up his sleeve for the Colts.

The question is who will throw a TD to Luck?  Do we have any former high school or college baseball players/QBs like Trey Burton at WR/TE/HB that can throw?

That play was just pathetic cost ourselves that game.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:21 PM, DrWhom said:

Actually, it's a run designed with Robert Turbin under center, handing off to TY Hilton, who then hands off to AL, who runs behind Braden Smith and Auston Howard (by the way: have you SEEN this guy?), and they punch it into the end zone from the 40 yard line...

Saves on wear-and-tear on his shoulder. THIS is why he's all bulked up over the summer...

(As a relatively new poster, I understand that one is supposed to designate sarcasm as such: please read this post as same!)

Really: it's going to be a LONG six weeks or so...

A week 5 play at best ,

On 7/1/2018 at 5:32 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

A week 5 play at best ,

Yeah, as author of this post, I'm resigned to this particular play being relegated to the back of the playbook... where it will sit UNTIL WE PLAY IN THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR! (or not... again, the weeks are proving to be long and arduous until training camp!)