Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers sign C.J. Anderson

41 minutes ago, MTC said:

Never thought Colts would have interest after drafting two running backs. Still a good player.

100% agree. Too crowded as is. Feel like we have more than enough to have an efficient running game

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheMose said:

100% agree. Too crowded as is. Feel like we have more than enough to have an efficient running game

An established running back at a good price is never bad when you have unproven running backs. Let's just hope our core group can stay healthy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

An established running back at a good price is never bad when you have unproven running backs. Let's just hope our core group can stay healthy

We have two established running backs plus 2 others with experience.  We only have the 2 drafted that are unproven.

They let go of Jonathan Stewart and C.J. Anderson fell in their laps. Panthers are always that team that runs hot and cold. It is a good chance, given the NFC South history, they win that division again and are in the playoffs again.

Given his pass protection skills, Cam might get more protection from his RB this time.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, chad72 said:

They let go of Jonathan Stewart and C.J. Anderson fell in their laps. Panthers are always that team that runs hot and cold. It is a good chance, given the NFC South history, they win that division again and are in the playoffs again.

Given his pass protection skills, Cam might get more protection from his RB this time.

NFC is so competitive this year. Every team as of right now, has a guy at QB that they can peg as either ‘the franchise QB’ or the ‘future franchise QB’. Obviously some of those guys will burn out, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it end up that way.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2018 at 9:02 PM, NorthernBlue said:

NFC is so competitive this year. Every team as of right now, has a guy at QB that they can peg as either ‘the franchise QB’ or the ‘future franchise QB’. Obviously some of those guys will burn out, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it end up that way.

1st - C.J. Anderson is good signing for Panthers, not so much for Colts, IMHO.

As for the for the NFC South, I see issues this year, most notably for the Bucs.

To start, Jameis Winston.  Suspended 3 games, and his next suspension is a potential lifetime ban.  He is due 21 million next year, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have NEVER ever extended a second contract to a QB.  Ever, IIRC. I think there are talks at One Buc place right now on what they do.   They might just let Ryan Fitzpatrick play all year (keep Winston from injury so he can be released before 3/13/2019), and save that 21 million and add more to try to land Nick Foles in a trade.  (Let's say 6 years, 138 million? 80 mil guaranteed? Will that be enough? And front load it some?) while letting Winston go.  Their first 5 games are @Saints, Eagles, Steelers, do you really think either Winston or Fitz can win those?) @Bears, and @Falcons.  IDK, but Winston could quickly drop to #3 on depth chart IMHO...  And Foles almost went to the Bucs last year, and is ready to start once again.  We'll see.  I think it  is more than possible this happens. Foles and Koetter also know and like each other, and they were to be together at ASU in college, until Koetter was fired and Foles de-committed.  I think reunification finally happens for them in 2019.

Saints have a brutal schedule this year, and while adding Davenport, have no slam dunk upgrades.

Will the Panthers have any lingering ownership issues?  They still have secondary issues, and lost some O line talent (Norwell) as well.

I think Falcons still are front runners, but division has improved and they have a very disgruntled star receiver.

On 7/1/2018 at 12:23 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

IDK, but Winston could quickly drop to #3 on depth chart IMHO... 

This is straight silliness. He's their starter unless something else major happens, and will get paid.