Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow Penny went #27

Seattle hasn't had much luck with drafting RBs lately. Didnt they take three or four a year or two ago and only one stuck (I guess barely). Seahawks are going back to their old ways fast.

Cherepinsky almost gave the Seahawks a Millen for that pick.  He was going to call it "Kielbasa-mode" which really hurt considering I'm sitting here with at least 1 or 2 broken ribs.  It hurt to laugh but i couldn't help it.  Neither could Walt.  He stuck with Kielbasa-mode for the Terrell Edmunds pick LOL.

4 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

Peeny was a reach but Pitts pick of Edmunds was mind blowing.  He was very much a Day 2 guy and even using a 2nd rounder on him would be a reach.  Could of picked up Eric Reid in FA and they would of had a better player then the guy they drafted. 

This is the same Steelers team that took Artie Burns round 1. Colbert is a different kind of GM. The Steelers value physicality more than anything else. Plus they love drafting defense in the 1st round. I think DeCastro was the last time they drafted an offensive player in the 1st.

I really really liked Penny. I wanted him with our our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I think it was early but then again he might not have been there when it came back around to pick. There were some nice secondary players that could have helped them...and some nice lineman. Very very surprised he went to Seattle....and even more surprised he went in the first.