Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow Penny went #27

Seattle hasn't had much luck with drafting RBs lately. Didnt they take three or four a year or two ago and only one stuck (I guess barely). Seahawks are going back to their old ways fast.

Cherepinsky almost gave the Seahawks a Millen for that pick.  He was going to call it "Kielbasa-mode" which really hurt considering I'm sitting here with at least 1 or 2 broken ribs.  It hurt to laugh but i couldn't help it.  Neither could Walt.  He stuck with Kielbasa-mode for the Terrell Edmunds pick LOL.

4 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

Peeny was a reach but Pitts pick of Edmunds was mind blowing.  He was very much a Day 2 guy and even using a 2nd rounder on him would be a reach.  Could of picked up Eric Reid in FA and they would of had a better player then the guy they drafted. 

This is the same Steelers team that took Artie Burns round 1. Colbert is a different kind of GM. The Steelers value physicality more than anything else. Plus they love drafting defense in the 1st round. I think DeCastro was the last time they drafted an offensive player in the 1st.

I really really liked Penny. I wanted him with our our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I think it was early but then again he might not have been there when it came back around to pick. There were some nice secondary players that could have helped them...and some nice lineman. Very very surprised he went to Seattle....and even more surprised he went in the first.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The roster page has now been updated, Ogletree is no longer listed as on the exempt list. So my bad, Holder was right.    Good news.
    • Was that the only good receiver taken in that draft? And did they give up multiple picks?
    • Yeah, I have no beef with MHJ as a prospect (I think some are pumping him up a little too much, and there's some name recognition probably influencing the way he's talked about). It would be awesome to have him on the Colts. But just like every other draft prospect in history, the possibility exists that he will not live up to the pre-draft expectations.    But during the pre-draft process, fans and media start falling in love with players. Terms like "generational talent," "future superstar," etc., start getting thrown around. And now we're talking about a prospect as if he's a lock for the HOF before he's even played a game in the NFL. That's fine, it's fun, we all do it. But that's different from actually scouting, setting a board, and making decisions for the team.   Each of us can point to a previous prospect that we loved and raved about and had them fitted for a gold jacket, but who bounced out of the league within 3-4 years. And the same is probably true for NFL scouts and decision makers. Which is why Ballard's comment today -- there is no such thing as a perfect prospect -- is so important to remember. I'm not against the team identifying a guy they really want and going up to get him, but I hope they're not just doing it with stars in their eyes.
    • Would Cincy have made the SB without taking Chase at #5. I got the answer, and it is easy, it is a FAT NO. They would have never got by KC as great as Burrow is. Giving up next years 1st round pick isn't the end of the world to land a generational WR. We still have picks in rounds 2-7 if we did that. 
    • Definitely was, but essentially all of them received the same punishment initially.     Just thought it was curious, especially right before the draft. Has to put the CB spot for the Eagles in limbo.     Been wondering if Jontay Porter's NBA lifetime ban had any play in the decision.   Rodgers did bet on his own team.
  • Members