Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetically, which QB do we take in the upcoming draft?

GuitarMD

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

What about Jackson? If we are talking hypothetical, he is easily the most athletic of the bunch. Wouldnt he fit the best in a fast paced rpo offense? Pretty sure thats what they had in the Ville and he has a heisman under his belt. 

I`ll bite on this. Being extremely athletic at the QB position won`t necessary translate to success in the NFL. A good example would be V. Young. His Heisman means Jack****. A good example would be J. Manziel. L. Jackson has accuracy issues. With that being said, that will be an issue at the NFL level. The NFL is faster and more physical, which will translate to injury at some point. That's not what I want in an NFL QB. All eyes will be on how well he throws at the combine, which I doubt he does until his pro-day. If he doesn't throw well, all bets are off he goes in the 1st Rd. Just my 2 cents! Not a fan of LJ!

5 hours ago, MPStack said:

I`ll bite on this. Being extremely athletic at the QB position won`t necessary translate to success in the NFL. A good example would be V. Young. His Heisman means Jack****. A good example would be J. Manziel. L. Jackson has accuracy issues. With that being said, that will be an issue at the NFL level. The NFL is faster and more physical, which will translate to injury at some point. That's not what I want in an NFL QB. All eyes will be on how well he throws at the combine, which I doubt he does until his pro-day. If he doesn't throw well, all bets are off he goes in the 1st Rd. Just my 2 cents! Not a fan of LJ!

Yep heard the same about having some accuracy issues. Not to mention his size at less than 200 lbs. Could get broke in half. Maybe a bit better attitude than Manziel though, that dude is a *. I was just thinking from a playmaking standpoint and seems he is being bit under valued similar to how D Watson was. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree,  but would hope he fall to early round 4 and get him there.  we really need rounds 1 - 3 for other positions.

No positions are more important than a starting QB.

If Luck's return is questionable, Colts need to use all the resources they can to get the Best QB/ qb prospect they can.

If Luck is ok, no need using a 4th round pick on a qb because we have Briskett @QB2.

Just my opinion.

Darnold made pro level throws against a solid Ohio State defense and didn't quit after being mauled by their pass rush.  He's accurate enough but his judgment is concerning -- just like Watson's was at Clemson.  He needs more experience and NFL coaching but has everything else.  Rosen is too thin for my taste and already suffered a concussion that cost him playing time.  He's accurate mostly on throws he didn't have to squeeze in there.  I believe Mayfield can be the next Drew Brees on the field, but his attitude needs an NFL adjustment.  He must respect the game and his opponents more.  Allen is no where near accurate enough for the NFL and many experts have pointed out that inaccurate college QBs don't recover in the NFL.  Jackson is a great athlete but will require a revamping of the offense along the lines of what the Texans did for Watson.  Rudolph someday may be as good as Brian Hoyer.  The rest are longer shots than Brissett, so why waste a 4th round pick on one?