Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy - Buffalo Game

dw49

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I am one of those on here that so advocates ...

Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame  
Height: 6-5. Weight: 325.

If he can still be had with trading down, then fine, but at the end of the day, I will stand by my belief that team building requires quality from the trenches and with that quality from the trenches all good will flow from there.  Give me an all-pro interior lineman and I would happily use the number one overall on him, given the assumption that we will have a healthy Luck ready to go for next year.

A great OL coupled with a half-way competent OC, with the Colts’ current skill position players, the Colts’ O could easily become top 10, perhaps even top 5.  My advocating Nelson is based on the assumption that he will indeed turn into the Pro Bowl quality player he is being touted as being.

I respect you but not your view...I hope we can still be friends?  Much respect!

5 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I respect you but not your view...I hope we can still be friends?  Much respect!

Our shared fond memories of Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Raymond Chester, Ted Marchibroda, etal, far transcends our apparent difference of opinion regarding team building.  

Ergo, I shall look past the fact that you are so dearly mistaken in discounting the value and importance of using premium picks to build a dominating offensive line to  protect the franchise QB’s shoulder (oh no, not Bert Jones again!) and set up a dominating running game.  ;)

Looks like less than an inch of snow in the forecast.

the last snow game i remember in Buffalo was the game we sat most of our top players. You remember, the year we decided to not go for the undefeated season. I seem to remember getting dallas clark some catches for stats tho.

9 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Our shared fond memories of Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Raymond Chester, Ted Marchibroda, etal, far transcends our apparent difference of opinion regarding team building.  

Ergo, I shall look past the fact that you are so dearly mistaken in discounting the value and importance of using premium picks to build a dominating offensive line to  protect the franchise QB’s shoulder (oh no, not Bert Jones again!) and set up a dominating running game.  ;)

Lol...I am not discounting building a dominate offensive line....I want that.  Wasting a top 5 pick on guard isn't the way to begin.  A Tackle would be preferable at the place in the draft and history confirms it.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and hope you are well my friend.  :-)

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I miss watching the games but Sunday Ticket is way too expensive for me...especially after Irma!

I got it for $99 for the year. Just need to have or know a kid going to college and use their name and dob. Then you can stream it on just about any device these days...ps4, xbox, pad, phone, tv. I have to do it because down here in Western Kentucky we get KC games now apparently. We used to get Tennessee mostly on CBS now we don't even get them and they are less than 2 hrs away. Its crazy even the Colts vs Titans game wasn't on air....nobody wants to watch the Chiefs...its like a spit in the eye.

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

the last snow game i remember in Buffalo was the game we sat most of our top players. You remember, the year we decided to not go for the undefeated season. I seem to remember getting dallas clark some catches for stats tho.

I remember.

Seems like there was at least one more that needed some stat padding.  We marched down the field and scored like hot knife in butter and got everyone their stats then sat them.  Stupid.  Probably could have blown that game open in one half, sat everyone in the second and still won.

24 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I remember.

Seems like there was at least one more that needed some stat padding.  We marched down the field and scored like hot knife in butter and got everyone their stats then sat them.  Stupid.  Probably could have blown that game open in one half, sat everyone in the second and still won.

I agree.  There were more "stats handed out" b4 we sat players.

but didnt we sit players the week b4 and lost the game?  Im thinking it was the Jets.

27 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

but didnt we sit players the week b4 and lost the game?  Im thinking it was the Jets.

Yeah .. they were up 15-10 with  > 6 minutes left in 3rd quarter then pulled Manning and others. Jets dominated last 20 minutes and perfect season went up in smoke. 

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think i'll watch that buffalo game tonite.  I love watching "snow games".

with this year going south fast, i think i might re-watch the full 2006 season to brighten my spirits. (I may skip the 2nd Jags game tho, haha )

You wont miss much, we only played our starters briefly. It was snowy that is about it.

12 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I will be 51 on next Tuesday and damned if I am not still a "Wool Magnet",,,lol!

Btw, as a kid, i could usually be found running around my neighborhood in my #7 Colts jersey.  I was (until the manning days) always known as "the Colts fan" in my town.  Growing up, i knew of no other Colt fans in my area (of Pa). Once Manning arrived,along with team success, you started seeing #18, #88, and even #32 colt jerseys. 

But , as a child, i LIVED in that #7 Bert Jones jersey.  Its the reason i played QB and wore #7.

7 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Btw, as a kid, i could usually be found running around my neighborhood in my #7 Colts jersey.  I was (until the manning days) always known as "the Colts fan" in my town.  Growing up, i knew of no other Colt fans in my area (of Pa). Once Manning arrived,along with team success, you started seeing #18, #88, and even #32 colt jerseys. 

But , as a child, i LIVED in that #7 Bert Jones jersey.  Its the reason i played QB and wore #7.

I am from New York and I was the ONLY Colts Fan...lol!  Bert rocked and it was a shame that his career was cut short due to injury....I am hopeful that Luck returns to near 100%....

2 hours ago, IinD said:

Moncrief listed as out for this one.

Good thing we can lean on the run game....:censored:

To me, the most disappointing player on the Colts this year.

To the Bert Jones fans, I am toiling through year 54.  Find the picture somewhere in these forums of my poker room .. you’ll see the Bert Jones poster that I still have from my youth.  

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20171209T001754Z

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:yuk: Polian got ripped the next day on 1070, we had to shut the phone lines down it got so bad lmao 

What was crazier than pulling the plug on 16-0 was the insane remarks Polian made explaining this. Was something to the effect that they broke the record that really counted . Something like most consecutive wins without a rabbit punching you in the face. Said 16-0 was already done before. Real head scratcher for sure.

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I wore the #7 plum off my jersey. Even the shoulder stripes were almost gone. I wish I had that old jersey back.

4 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Buffalo wins, that's why Pagano hasn't been fired yet, they're leaving him in to coach until the end of the season.  This for sure will guarantee us a top three pick in the 2018 draft.

Win or lose it does not guarantee us a top 3 pick. Right now we have pick #5 with 4 games left. Do the math.

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wore the #7 plum off my jersey. Even the shoulder stripes were almost gone. I wish I had that old jersey back.

I'd like a throwback #7 jersey.  All heavy cotton, like a rugby shirt.

i cant wear that mesh crap. Lets face it, real mesh-type jerseys that the players wear arent exactly a comfortable  shirt.  Even with a shirt under them.  Its just an odd-feeling material.  I saw a #19 unitas throwback jersey of the heavy cotton once.  Very nice

Update:  that buffalo snow game in 2009 we played starters to get wayne and clark 100 catches each for the season.  Watching it again, i forgot how good that 2009!team was.  We beat a good raven team, and whooped up on the jets at home.  We shoulda won that darn super bowl too. Bummer freeney got hurt late in a jets game we had won.  I think freeney at 100% would have won us the game (even with baskett haha  ). I think i'll watch the raven and jet game today. They were good ones.

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'd like a throwback #7 jersey.  All heavy cotton, like a rugby shirt.

i cant wear that mesh crap. Lets face it, real mesh-type jerseys that the players wear arent exactly a comfortable  shirt.  Even with a shirt under them.  Its just an odd-feeling material.  I saw a #19 unitas throwback jersey of the heavy cotton once.  Very nice

After reading about the old Jones jerseys I went to a couple of site that sell some Jones jerseys. Surprisingly there is quite a bit of Jones stuff available. Some of it was pretty reasonably priced.

20 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Think so... I don't remember the order for sure but I believe it was those two teams.  

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Update:  that buffalo snow game in 2009 we played starters to get wayne and clark 100 catches each for the season.  Watching it again, i forgot how good that 2009!team was.  We beat a good raven team, and whooped up on the jets at home.  We shoulda won that darn super bowl too. Bummer freeney got hurt late in a jets game we had won.  I think freeney at 100% would have won us the game (even with baskett haha  ). I think i'll watch the raven and jet game today. They were good ones.

Sorry, just saw this.  My bad.

It was a very good team.  It is my belief that we were out coached that SB.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:09 AM, WoolMagnet said:

yea, Clark was put in to set some sort of personal record, can't remember other than it was a miserable game to have to sit through as a Colts fan.  Thanks Polian, he should at least admit that he regrets it.

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

yea, Clark was put in to set some sort of personal record, can't remember other than it was a miserable game to have to sit through as a Colts fan.  Thanks Polian, he should at least admit that he regrets it.

Hey Chris.....

you wanna watch the game at my place this week?  Its gotta be cold in that van down by the river.  You can come by, just dont try to put on any of my little coats!  However, you CAN talk into one of my fans like darth vader if you like.

44 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Hey Chris.....

you wanna watch the game at my place this week?  Its gotta be cold in that van down by the river.  You can come by, just dont try to put on any of my little coats!  However, you CAN talk into one of my fans like darth vader if you like.

No problem I'll leave the coats be, but I'd be happy to belt out a few "La La La Luke, Luke, I am your father" !!