Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Luck likely out until December

RockThatBlue

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Well...I knew we weren't going to the playoffs even if he wasn't but I still thought he was going to make an appearance. Remember they even said they might bring him in the redzone even? Definitely acted like he was going to return for 2012 until Luck fell into their lap. Just saying a lot is similar imo.

I didn't think we'd win a single game without Peyton on the field.  It's still unbelievable how he carried the team the way he did.  

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I believe 2018 ticket sales could be impacted by recent decisions. 

That said, I believe Irsay was optimistic to have Luck early in the season, and I don't believe he intentionally misled us. Unfortunately, it might appear that he did though. Just the nature of how all of this has ultimately played itself out. 

Then he cleary has crap doctors working for the Colts if he thought that(or some strong drugs with him who knows)

If I didn't see this song and dance before with Manning I would give him the benefit of the doubt but I don't.

I just hope he's ok "longterm".  I respect the organization for placing the 100% healthy condition on his return.  He's earned that at least.  After carrying the Pagano era, and fan's hopes for the last +/- 5 years whilst getting the *@%$ knocked out of him, kid deserves a break......I do want to watch him for years to come.....*Downer Alert*....Even if he's not a Colt (amid "trade him" vs. "wants out of Indy" talk) I still hope he has a decade of success and multiple championships in the NFL.  

14 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Man remember when we all had hopes for him returning in week 3? 

Those were some good times. 

Remember when people were panicking that he might not be ready for the season opener?

And others were saying - stop worrying, he'll be ready! 

He doesn't need to come back this year. It's a lost season with a lame duck coach. Andrew could win us games down the stretch, but we won't make the playoffs so no thanks. Just messing up our great draft pick.

We've never had a top 10 pick since the Luck era. We now have the chance to get one with a competent GM, let's take it and ball out next year. 

20 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I didn't think we'd win a single game without Peyton on the field.  It's still unbelievable how he carried the team the way he did.  

Well, if you build a team around the talents of the QB....then lose the QB.....nobody should expect a team to win many games.  

I forgot where I read it, but a sports writer said he had a pretty reliable source tell him that Luck would not play in 2017.  It's kind of looking that way.  There are still 9 games left but he's already ruled out this week and the Colts could be looking at 2-6.  Only time will tell.  Would I like to see Luck play?  Yes because I enjoy watching him.  Would I mind if he sat out the rest of this year because the Colts aren't going anywhere? No I really wouldn't.  There's always next year, so it's a win/win. I know he'll be back better than ever. 

7 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I forgot where I read it, but a sports writer said he had a pretty reliable source tell him that Luck would not play in 2017.  It's kind of looking that way.  There are still 9 games left but he's already ruled out this week and the Colts could be looking at 2-6.  Only time will tell.  Would I like to see Luck play?  Yes because I enjoy watching him.  Would I mind if he sat out the rest of this year because the Colts aren't going anywhere? No I really wouldn't.  There's always next year, so it's a win/win. I know he'll be back better than ever. 

I saw that on twitter yesterday, it was from the guy who produces JMV's show.