Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Browns: Worst Franchise of the last Decade?

RollerColt

In 2007, the Browns won 10 games. Some had thought the mediocrity would be over. And then:

2008: 4-12

2009: 5-11

2010: 5-11

2011: 4-12

2012: 5-11

2013: 4-12

2014: 7-9

2015: 3-13

2016: 1-15

And now this year they have opened up at 0-5... After 10 years of misery, I would say that the franchise as a whole has been one of the worst run in the last decade, and perhaps in the sport's history.

And I haven't even considered all of the QB changes they have made...

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

lol.. and I think I really heard people talking about them trying ANOTHER QB with the upcoming draft.. it won't end lol. At least Cleveland has the Indians and Cavs, at least for a few years..

How were the Browns before 2007?? Still sucky?

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

I knew Hugh was going to end up between a rock and a hard place when he and his GM passed over Carson Wentz to attempt resurrecting RG3.   Knew that would come back to bite.

Yep. And now they are benching Kizer, which is a complete mistake. I often wonder if that's half the battle right there: they have absolutely no patience in QB play, and put the stakes up way too high. Look at Peyton Manning's first season, by all accounts it was a train wreck, with lots of mistakes and interceptions. But we kept starting him, giving him that experience. 

It worked out beautifully in the end. And tt's now working out well for Wentz and Goff too. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. And now they are benching Kizer, which is a complete mistake. I often wonder if that's half the battle right there: they have absolutely no patience in QB play, and put the stakes up way too high. Look at Peyton Manning's first season, by all accounts it was a train wreck, with lots of mistakes and interceptions. But we kept starting him, giving him that experience. 

It worked out beautifully in the end. And tt's now working out well for Wentz and Goff too. 

Hugh is probably feeling the pressure internally. 2nd straight losing season and it hasn't looked good at most points.

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Then defensively the Joe Haden trade left them with inept cornerback play.   They still seem kind of Naked despite all those draft picks they aquired.

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol.. and I think I really heard people talking about them trying ANOTHER QB with the upcoming draft.. it won't end lol. At least Cleveland has the Indians and Cavs, at least for a few years..

How were the Browns before 2007?? Still sucky?

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Which version?

20 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well.. what was it 2000? to 2007?

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes but the pre Ravens Browns had fallen on hard times to

Both and Both.  Sucky brownness as far as the eye can see...  haha

I don't think the Browns are that bad (despite what their record says). They are re-building and have some core pieces to make a potential playoff run in 2-3 seasons.

I think Kizer has a chance to be a franchise quarterback if he has better receivers around him. Remember how many Browns WR's and TE's dropped the ball? I lost count.

Myles Garrett looked really good against the Jets. He's a good building block to help build around with the defense. 

14 hours ago, krunk said:

I knew Hugh was going to end up between a rock and a hard place when he and his GM passed over Carson Wentz to attempt resurrecting RG3.   Knew that would come back to bite.

I think that trade had nothing to do with RG3. They just didn't believe in Wentz, whether it was right or wrong and believed the extra picks from the trade would help them more than having a QB they didn't want at #2 and a terrible roster.

IIRC, Browns even fired scouts who wanted Wentz.

22 hours ago, RollerColt said:

In 2007, the Browns won 10 games. Some had thought the mediocrity would be over. And then:

2008: 4-12

2009: 5-11

2010: 5-11

2011: 4-12

2012: 5-11

2013: 4-12

2014: 7-9

2015: 3-13

2016: 1-15

And now this year they have opened up at 0-5... After 10 years of misery, I would say that the franchise as a whole has been one of the worst run in the last decade, and perhaps in the sport's history.

My favourite statistic that sums up the Browns this millenia:

Since 1999, the Quarterback who has won the most games in the Browns' stadium is.........

Ben Roethlisberger!

:sip:

11 hours ago, MTC said:

I don't think the Browns are that bad (despite what their record says). They are re-building and have some core pieces to make a potential playoff run in 2-3 seasons.

I think Kizer has a chance to be a franchise quarterback if he has better receivers around him. Remember how many Browns WR's and TE's dropped the ball? I lost count.

Myles Garrett looked really good against the Jets. He's a good building block to help build around with the defense. 

Oh I agree with you that they aren't THAT bad for this year, but as a whole for the last 10 years, and even longer, it's really sad that they are practically rebuilding each year...

On 10/11/2017 at 11:09 AM, DaveA1102 said:

My favourite statistic that sums up the Browns this millenia:

Since 1999, the Quarterback who has won the most games in the Browns' stadium is.........

Ben Roethlisberger!

:sip:

that's not actually true, yet.

Derek Anderson was 11-10 at home for the Browns.

Roethlisberger is 10-2 in Cleveland, including 2017.

1 hour ago, Pape said:

that's not actually true, yet.

Derek Anderson was 11-10 at home for the Browns.

Roethlisberger is 10-2 in Cleveland, including 2017.

Information taken from this article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/big-ben-now-has-more-wins-in-cleveland-than-every-browns-qb-since-1999/amp/

Exert from it:

Roethlisberger is now 22-2 against the Browns all time, and 11-2 when playing in Cleveland. Derek Anderson, who played for the Browns from 2005-09 and was the last quarterback to lead the team to a winning record (10-6 in 2007) trails Big Ben with 10 wins in Cleveland.

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

The back up QB was as bad or worse than the rookie Kizer today,

Agreed. Which is why it was foolish for them to bench him in the first place. If Kizer is to be the franchise QB of the future, then he needs to be starting every game.