Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis discovers ColinTelesz

ColtsBlitz

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I was a bit irritated that we couldn't get a deal done for him. But, we're onto something hopefully better in Hooker and Geathers.

They definitely got rid of him a year or two early. Bethea wasn't that bad towards the end. He often had to crash down to make a tackle at the end because we couldn't stop anything.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

They definitely got rid of him a year or two early. Bethea wasn't that bad towards the end. He often had to crash down to make a tackle at the end because we couldn't stop anything.

Yeah, I think so too. I remember seeing a lot of hate towards him on these boards. He never missed a game for us and that's huge. Then, we were never healthy and had no depth. Now, we're looking better in the depth department, just need healthy guys. lol

6 hours ago, IinD said:

He was never bad, I just wanted someone who would be better in coverage. We didn't really get that until Mike Adams came along.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

He was never bad, I just wanted someone who would be better in coverage. We didn't really get that until Mike Adams came along.

Bethea got paid pretty good in SF and had injuries towards the end. We made the right decision to move on when we did. We did well to get Adams....a professional safety for sure. We had some misfires in the grigson era at safety...but glad we had Mike and hopeful that Hooker lives up to the hype.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I honestly think he was beat up from years of having to tackle (the years where our inside D lines were soft) more then a lot of S's out there. He definitely slowed down, but I think an argument could be made he could have stayed a bit longer. But IIRC he got paid nicely by sf so he moved on.

Adams did have a great first year with us.

Kelvin Hayden laid the biggest hit in Colt's history. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I saw it on there. I think it was on a punt return. I remember when they had the big hit "jacked up" countdown on ESPN, he had like the number 1 or 2 hit of the year for the whole NFL. It was a monster hit!