TKnight24

Colts Mini-Camp 6/15/17

Recommended Posts

 

So, if Colts happen to cancel their practice today...... I guess the mods can just close this thread lol. But I'll post it now just in case practice is on

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So practice is cancelled, but they're doing interviews so I'll post all updates here for you guys 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Why are practices being canceled? 

Exactly, Mini-camp is for learning and getting used to who's next to you....  other teams are filled with veterans from that team.  This team is more new then returning vets and they need all the time together they can get.  Another example of a lost opportunity, its not like they were hitting in pads.  Then they wonder where the label "SOFT" comes from.  This team needs all the walk thru and learning time possible.  They all know how to get in front of a microphone and play to the press.....   That doesn't improve a player or win games.   :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Why are practices being canceled? 

 

2 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Exactly, Mini-camp is for learning and getting used to who's next to you....  other teams are filled with veterans from that team.  This team is more new then returning vets and they need all the time together they can get.  Another example of a lost opportunity, its not like they were hitting in pads.  Then they wonder where the label "SOFT" comes from.  This team needs all the walk thru and learning time possible.  They all know how to get in front of a microphone and play to the press.....   That doesn't improve a player or win games.   :wall:

Not sure why they're being cancelled but a lot of teams are doing it. Maybe avoid injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

 

Not sure why they're being cancelled but a lot of teams are doing it. Maybe avoid injuries. 

I agree with you......  and IF we were a winning team with lots of returning faces, then that would be the smart thing to do.....  but we have not demonstrated that we are either, and especially not lots of returning or familiar faces.... including many of the position coaches.  time is so limited with the new CBA, they really can't afford to waste it.  thank you for the updates an feedback....  otherwise we'd have to rely on team and coach speak, which would mean nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

 

 

 

 

I'll be interested to know who sticks around for two weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Offered for consideration....

 

If you disagree with the idea of cutting camp short, then consider this....

 

Even if you don't like, or trust Pagano....     even if you don't believe a word he says....

 

Chuck Pagano didn't make this decision without talking with Chris Ballard.    The GM had to sign off on this.

 

Pagano didn't make this decision in a vacuum without input from the GM.

 

So even if you hate Chuck Pagao,  can we at least have a little trust in Chris Ballard?      If you think he knows what he's doing,  then trust him....

 

Take a deep breath and enjoy the summer.....     school is out for 6 weeks....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

I'll be interested to know who sticks around for two weeks.

If you are a rookie, and allowed to be there, you better stick around period or just don't plan on coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Exactly, Mini-camp is for learning and getting used to who's next to you....  other teams are filled with veterans from that team.  This team is more new then returning vets and they need all the time together they can get.  Another example of a lost opportunity, its not like they were hitting in pads.  Then they wonder where the label "SOFT" comes from.  This team needs all the walk thru and learning time possible.  They all know how to get in front of a microphone and play to the press.....   That doesn't improve a player or win games.   :wall:

 

It's one useless mini camp practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Offered for consideration....

 

If you disagree with the idea of cutting camp short, then consider this....

 

Even if you don't like, or trust Pagano....     even if you don't believe a word he says....

 

Chuck Pagano didn't make this decision without talking with Chris Ballard.    The GM had to sign off on this.

 

Pagano didn't make this decision in a vacuum without input from the GM.

 

So even if you hate Chuck Pagao,  can we at least have a little trust in Chris Ballard?      If you think he knows what he's doing,  then trust him....

 

Take a deep breath and enjoy the summer.....     school is out for 6 weeks....

 

 

Do you ever think the FO or coaches do anything wrong???

 

 I'm not sure who defends them more you or Crazycolt

 

'Are either of you related to Pagano?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Old Colt said:

If you are a rookie, and allowed to be there, you better stick around period or just don't plan on coming back.

That's what I thought, actually.  I should have said who might NOT stick around, as it's hard to conceive that anyone might leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Do you ever think the FO or coaches do anything wrong???

 

 I'm not sure who defends them more you or Crazycolt

 

'Are either of you related to Pagano?

 

 

I have no problem knocking Pagano when he does something wrong.

 

And I when I write an argument as I did above,   I'm typically pointing out how poorly thought out the other sides argument is.        And yet you still took exception to it.

 

I could write it's light at the day and dark at night and you'd voice an objection.    

 

A lot of the arguments against Pagano are ridiculous.    And I always explain why.      

 

You disagree?      Write a better explanation as to why I'm wrong.      

 

Go after the message,  not the messnger....     Otherwise,   I can't help you....

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I have no problem knocking Pagano when he does something wrong.

 

And I when I write an argument as I did above,   I'm typically pointing out how poorly thought out the other sides argument is.        And yet you still took exception to it.

 

I could write it's light at the day and dark at night and you'd voice an objection.    

 

A lot of the arguments against Pagano are ridiculous.    And I always explain why.      

 

You disagree?      Write a better explanation as to why I'm wrong.      

 

Go after the message,  not the messnger....     Otherwise,   I can't help you....

 

 

Why would you assume that everyone needs to trust Ballard?   He hasn't done anything remarkable yet.    Pagano has a track record of putting an undisciplined soft team not the field.    This team has a lot of new parts. Sooooo it would only make sense to cut what little time  they have toghether short.  

 

And you you are right you can't help me because I don't need help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Why would you assume that everyone needs to trust Ballard?   He hasn't done anything remarkable yet.    Pagano has a track record of putting an undisciplined soft team not the field.    This team has a lot of new parts. Sooooo it would only make sense to cut what little time  they have toghether short.  

 

And you you are right you can't help me because I don't need help

 

Remember in my last post I commented that a lot of criticism's of Pagano are ridiculous.....

 

Look what I put into bold.

 

11-5, 3 straight years and success in the playoffs and no losing season as a head coach without much talent on the roster says quite the opposite.

 

There are lots of popular opinins about Pagano around here that are flat-out wrong.     Just because an opinion is popular here,  doesn't make it right.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Do you ever think the FO or coaches do anything wrong???

 

 I'm not sure who defends them more you or Crazycolt

 

'Are either of you related to Pagano?

 

Look, we both have different opinions about Pagano but I don't single you out because of it. Why you make it personal I have no clue. It is immature and childish of you to think everyone thinks like you do and shares the same opinion as you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Look, we both have different opinions about Pagano but I don't single you out because of it. Why you make it personal I have no clue. It is immature and childish of you to think everyone thinks like you do and shares the same opinion as you.

I never make it personal with you, but I'm just going to tell you why people take their anger out on you a lot and give you snarky remarks. It's not just the fact that you defend Pagano and shield him from any and all blame of the teams shortcomings, it's the fact that you are so Pro-Colts, that you will literally defend any player or coach period from any sort of blame that they deserve. If you feel that way about Pagano, that's one thing, but you defend people like Ryan Grigson, Phillip Dorsett, and TJ Green as well. These people have had little or no impact, (or in Grigson's case) a negative impact on the team, and you defend them because of the simple fact that they are or were part of the Indianapolis Colts. I get that you don't like negativity, but being 100% positive is just as bad as being 100% negative, and neither are good extreme stances to have. I'm not the most positive person on this forum, but I'm the most honest, and I'll give credit where it's due (in Chris Ballard's case), or blame where it's due (in Pagano's case). Think about what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Exactly, Mini-camp is for learning and getting used to who's next to you....  other teams are filled with veterans from that team.  This team is more new then returning vets and they need all the time together they can get.  Another example of a lost opportunity, its not like they were hitting in pads.  Then they wonder where the label "SOFT" comes from.  This team needs all the walk thru and learning time possible.  They all know how to get in front of a microphone and play to the press.....   That doesn't improve a player or win games.   :wall:

For Gods sake it's a mini camp practice.  And just about everybody else cancelled it. Nitpicking every little issue I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bananabucket said:

 

It's one useless mini camp practice.

If it's useless why have it....  this team needs time together, even in the classroom...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I never make it personal with you, but I'm just going to tell you why people take their anger out on you a lot and give you snarky remarks. It's not just the fact that you defend Pagano and shield him from any and all blame of the teams shortcomings, it's the fact that you are so Pro-Colts, that you will literally defend any player or coach period from any sort of blame that they deserve. If you feel that way about Pagano, that's one thing, but you defend people like Ryan Grigson, Phillip Dorsett, and TJ Green as well. These people have had little or no impact, (or in Grigson's case) a negative impact on the team, and you defend them because of the simple fact that they are or were part of the Indianapolis Colts. I get that you don't like negativity, but being 100% positive is just as bad as being 100% negative, and neither are good extreme stances to have. I'm not the most positive person on this forum, but I'm the most honest, and I'll give credit where it's due (in Chris Ballard's case), or blame where it's due (in Pagano's case). Think about what I said.

For one thing I have never ever made any statement about TJ Green at all at any time in any thread. As far as my defending Pagano that is my choice, not yours. The facts are he has yet to have a losing season and if you cant accept that fact there is nothing more to say to you about the matter.

As far as Grigson he did take this team from bottom of the league to three 11-5 seasons and into the AFC championship game. Yes we did go two 8-8 seasons and the problems did cost Grigson his job. Right now we do have a starting O-line that Grigson did bring in. Those are the facts. A little too late? Yes but never the less we have some very good players on this team that were directly related to Grigson.

As far as Dorsett it is not unusual for a WR to take three years to become a receiver in the NFL. Harrison and Wayne are examples of that. Dorsett has yet to be utilized in taking advantage of his talent.

Think about what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible practices where cancelled due to heat and humidity?  

 

That's the only thing I can think of as to why multiple NFL teams canceled their last mini-camp practice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For one thing I have never ever made any statement about TJ Green at all at any time in any thread. As far as my defending Pagano that is my choice, not yours. The facts are he has yet to have a losing season and if you cant accept that fact there is nothing more to say to you about the matter.

As far as Grigson he did take this team from bottom of the league to three 11-5 seasons and into the AFC championship game. Yes we did go two 8-8 seasons and the problems did cost Grigson his job. Right now we do have a starting O-line that Grigson did bring in. Those are the facts. A little too late? Yes but never the less we have some very good players on this team that were directly related to Grigson.

As far as Dorsett it is not unusual for a WR to take three years to become a receiver in the NFL. Harrison and Wayne are examples of that. Dorsett has yet to be utilized in taking advantage of his talent.

Think about what I said.

First off, you have defended TJ Green when people have criticized him. Second, you don't defend Pagano because you like him or even think he is a good coach, you defend him because he's a Colt, just like everyone else. You will make some random fact about everyone why they are good (Pagano, Grigson, etc...) and build a defensive wall around that. People know the actual facts and that's why you are a target a lot, because you ignore what's important. As long as we are mediocre, you are fine with that, as long as Pagano can beat the scrubs, you are fine. Most of us here have higher expectations than you around here. Again 11-5 means nothing when we can't beat the top 3 teams in the playoffs in the AFC. It may to you, but to rational fans, it doesn't, we want more out of this team for the limited time we have Andrew Luck. You can be positive all you want about this, just prepare to be disappointed as well, and don't wonder why we start off slow most games when Pagano is coach, you just got your answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

First off, you have defended TJ Green when people have criticized him. Second, you don't defend Pagano because you like him or even think he is a good coach, you defend him because he's a Colt, just like everyone else. You will make some random fact about everyone why they are good (Pagano, Grigson, etc...) and build a defensive wall around that. People know the actual facts and that's why you are a target a lot, because you ignore what's important. As long as we are mediocre, you are fine with that, as long as Pagano can beat the scrubs, you are fine. Most of us here have higher expectations than you around here. Again 11-5 means nothing when we can't beat the top 3 teams in the playoffs in the AFC. It may to you, but to rational fans, it doesn't, we want more out of this team for the limited time we have Andrew Luck. You can be positive all you want about this, just prepare to be disappointed as well, and don't wonder why we start off slow most games when Pagano is coach, you just got your answer.

You have no clue what you are even talking about saying I have defended or even made one comment about TJ Green.

A random fact? Like not have a losing record?

We have beaten the top teams in the AFC with the exception of the Pats and the Steelers. Make me a list of other AFC teams who have please.

What's it to you if I am positive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pagano better have his team ready to play every single game this upcoming season. If he doesn't, he's adios

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have no clue what you are even talking about saying I have defended or even made one comment about TJ Green.

A random fact? Like not have a losing record?

We have beaten the top teams in the AFC with the exception of the Pats and the Steelers. Make me a list of other AFC teams who have please.

What's it to you if I am positive?

You are like talking to a brick wall. You have defended TJ Green in threads where people have criticized him. Not having a losing record doesn't mean much when you lose to most of the top competition, it's a deceptive fact that's meant to trick naive people on here into taking your side that Pagano is good. Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos have all beat the Pats and or Steelers. Basically every other playoff team in the AFC, and the Raiders are capable of that as well. Positivity is fine, but when it's 100% of the time, it's not healthy and can't be taken seriously on a Colts forum. I say the same about negativity 100% of the time. There has to be a healthy balance, and both have their time that is correct. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are like talking to a brick wall. You have defended TJ Green in threads where people have criticized him. Not having a losing record doesn't mean much when you lose to most of the top competition, it's a deceptive fact that's meant to trick naive people on here into taking your side that Pagano is good. Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos have all beat the Pats and or Steelers. Basically every other playoff team in the AFC, and the Raiders are capable of that as well. Positivity is fine, but when it's 100% of the time, it's not healthy and can't be taken seriously on a Colts forum. I say the same about negativity 100% of the time. There has to be a healthy balance, and both have their time that is correct. 

You are either mistaken me for someone else when it comes to defending TJ Green or just plain lying.

What do you care about what I think or what my opinion is?

Do I point out you to other members because of your opinion? No. Do I single you out because we have different opinions? No.

Why you feel the need to worry about what I think is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are either mistaken me for someone else when it comes to defending TJ Green or just plain lying.

What do you care about what I think or what my opinion is?

Do I point out you to other members because of your opinion? No. Do I single you out because we have different opinions? No.

Why you feel the need to worry about what I think is beyond me.

You're starting to freak out and I've proven my point. You also aren't even arguing any of my other points, such as the list or Pagano's winning record. It's all a freak out about caring about your opinion now. There's nothing more that needs to be said. Have a nice day,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You're starting to freak out and I've proven my point. You also aren't even arguing any of my other points, such as the list or Pagano's winning record. It's all a freak out about caring about your opinion now. There's nothing more that needs to be said. Have a nice day,

There is no argument. You have your opinion and I have mine. Why you feel the need to make an issue out of it to other members?

Besides this is off topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Remember in my last post I commented that a lot of criticism's of Pagano are ridiculous.....

 

Look what I put into bold.

 

11-5, 3 straight years and success in the playoffs and no losing season as a head coach without much talent on the roster says quite the opposite.

 

There are lots of popular opinins about Pagano around here that are flat-out wrong.     Just because an opinion is popular here,  doesn't make it right.

 

 

 

Pagano does often put an undisciplined, soft team out on the field tho. You can post w/l records all you want, but that doesn't tell the entire story. 

 

That doesn't paint the picture of a team that shot themselves in the foot often last season with dropped passes, stuffed runs, dumb timeouts and penalties at the worst times. Pagano definitely cost us the DET game last season and how many seasons in a row have we started 0-2? That's without even bringing up the fact that we always get exposed by good teams (stupid 4th down play call/blown out vs Pats, blown out vs Steelers)

 

Luck is most of the reason for the Colts overall success, not Pagano. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, colt18 said:

 

Pagano does often put an undisciplined, soft team out on the field tho. You can post w/l records all you want, but that doesn't tell the entire story. 

 

That doesn't paint the picture of a team that shot themselves in the foot often last season with dropped passes, stuffed runs, dumb timeouts and penalties at the worst times. Pagano definitely cost us the DET game last season and how many seasons in a row have we started 0-2? That's without even bringing up the fact that we always get exposed by good teams (stupid 4th down play call/blown out vs Pats, blown out vs Steelers)

 

Luck is most of the reason for the Colts overall success, not Pagano. 

 

Those issues are not connected to being "soft"...

 

They may be connected to poor coaching, or poor talent....       But not necessarily soft.      That's something entirely different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Those issues are not connected to being "soft"...

 

They may be connected to poor coaching, or poor talent....       But not necessarily soft.      That's something entirely different.

 

 

 

ummm yes, the examples I gave are connected to being a soft, undisciplined team. I could go a step further and poor defensive stats if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.