Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mini-Camp 6/15/17

TKnight24

2 hours ago, colt18 said:

ummm yes, the examples I gave are connected to being a soft, undisciplined team. I could go a step further and poor defensive stats if you like.

Uh not really turnovers, penalties, dumb time outs, stupid play calls, dropped balls. Those things aren't about being soft. Those are like NCF said  bad coaching or you said being undisciplined. They are things you correct between the ears. 

When you talk about being soft I think lack of toughness, heart, having no bite you don't push back  or fight. The only example close is getting stuffed running the ball. IMO that was more a talent issue then toughness. We didn't get to the QB but I don't think it was because Mathis was soft. 

Pagano's teams have a reputattion for playing hard.

I personally don't associate teams that play hard with being soft.

Maybe we have a different definition of being soft.       I thnk we've lacked talent.     I don't associate that with being soft.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:18 AM, akcolt said:

Uh not really turnovers, penalties, dumb time outs, stupid play calls, dropped balls. Those things aren't about being soft. Those are like NCF said  bad coaching or you said being undisciplined. They are things you correct between the ears. 

When you talk about being soft I think lack of toughness, heart, having no bite you don't push back  or fight. The only example close is getting stuffed running the ball. IMO that was more a talent issue then toughness. We didn't get to the QB but I don't think it was because Mathis was soft. 

uh yes really. penalties, dropped balls and poor defense are absolutely about being soft and I don't know how you can just revise history like that.

and our defense as a whole has been soft for years now. pointing out that one individual player isn't soft doesn't mean that defense as a whole isn't soft, especially when we get gashed all the time in the run game. 

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pagano's teams have a reputattion for playing hard.

I personally don't associate teams that play hard with being soft.

Maybe we have a different definition of being soft.       I thnk we've lacked talent.     I don't associate that with being soft.

Pagano's teams definitely do not have a rep for playing hard, you're pretty much just lying to yourself now.

51 minutes ago, colt18 said:

uh yes really. penalties, dropped balls and poor defense are absolutely about being soft and I don't know how you can just revise history like that.

and our defense as a whole has been soft for years now. pointing out that one individual player isn't soft doesn't mean that defense as a whole isn't soft, especially when we get gashed all the time in the run game. 

Pagano's teams definitely do not have a rep for playing hard, you're pretty much just lying to yourself now.

Well....   they do here on a website with thousands of Colts fans.    How do you think the Colts won 11 games the first 3 years and went further every year in the playoffs,  and then went 8-8 in years where they didn't have Luck for half of the 2015 season and had a terrible defense in 2016.     They play hard and get the most out of what they have.     They just haven't had very much.

And since you're a new poster,  you should probably think twice before telling people you don't know that they're lying to themselves when they don't happen to agree with your point of view.     That's not a good way to win hearts and minds.       Your choice....

Good luck....

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   they do here on a website with thousands of Colts fans.    How do you think the Colts won 11 games the first 3 years and went further every year in the playoffs,  and then went 8-8 in years where they didn't have Luck for half of the 2015 season and had a terrible defense in 2016.     They play hard and get the most out of what they have.     They just haven't had very much.

And since you're a new poster,  you should probably think twice before telling people you don't know that they're lying to themselves when they don't happen to agree with your point of view.     That's not a good way to win hearts and minds.       Your choice....

Good luck....

Andrew Luck.

And lol at telling me to think twice. You have absolutely no evidence of Pagano having a rep for "playing hard" besides fans on a message board....when there are writers, reporters, coaches and executives that will tell you different. You can quit the holier than thou attitude, when you are wrong you are wrong.

56 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Andrew Luck.

And lol at telling me to think twice. You have absolutely no evidence of Pagano having a rep for "playing hard" besides fans on a message board....when there are writers, reporters, coaches and executives that will tell you different. You can quit the holier than thou attitude, when you are wrong you are wrong.

You cerrtainly know how to make a bad first impression.    When you can start producing reports of Pagano having a reputation for having tteams that play soft,  THEN you can crow....

Otherrwise,  all you have is an opinion....        You may be in love with your own opinioin,  but for right now,  that's all you've got.

If you don't like my viewpoint,  you're free to ignore me.     Believe me,   I would not be offended.

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You cerrtainly know how to make a bad first impression.    When you can start producing reports of Pagano having a reputation for having tteams that play soft,  THEN you can crow....

Otherrwise,  all you have is an opinion....        You may be in love with your own opinioin,  but for right now,  that's all you've got.

If you don't like my viewpoint,  you're free to ignore me.     Believe me,   I would not be offended.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/06/05/ini-0605-colts-defensive-line/370402001/

"When you factor in the time missed by Anderson and Langford last season, this unit is almost completely different from 2016. And that’s a good thing given last season's soft defensive front."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/10/17/colts-defense-chokes-away-crunch-time/92234584/

“We were just playing a little too soft, a little too cautious maybe,” linebacker Josh McNary admitted.

http://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/01/09/indianapolis-colts-positions-fill-2017-draft/

"

Inside linebacker

This has been a position of weakness throughout the past five years and it became clear very quickly that the young players the team currently has are either limited, projects, or not starting quality (or all three). They need to find linebackers who have coverage ability and can tackle.

The soft middle of the Colts defense has been an issue for far too long and getting D’Qwell Jackson back next season really doesn’t help with these issues."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000777243/article/grigson-failed-luck-allowed-colts-roster-to-grow-stale

"While Luck's offense was strong enough to carry the Colts into the postseason in 2013 and 2014, any hopes of a Super Bowl appearance faded as the soft, talent-poor defense surrendered over 300 yards and seven touchdowns to Patriots bruiser LeGarrette Blount in back-to-back, season-ending lopsided losses."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706839-nfl-draft-grades-2017-final-results-and-team-by-team-letter-chart

"Indianapolis earned its label as a soft defense, and the unit logged the second-fewest interceptions during the previous campaign."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/02/14/colts-position-review-clayton-geathers-move/97906246/

"The Colts allowed the sixth-most passing yards, the eighth-most rushing yards and the third-most points in football last fall. All phases of the defense contributed. The defensive line was mediocre at best, the secondary soft."

http://inkonindy.com/2016/10/18/indianapolis-colts-vs-tennessee-titans-nfl-week-7-preview/

"The Colts have been called “soft” by media members, head coach Chuck Pagano thinks they lack a “killer instinct,” and everyone is clamoring for front office people to lose their jobs.

Like I said. I don't know how you got the feeling that Pagano isn't known for running a soft team when even his own players acknowledge it. Also, I don't particularly care for my first impression on a poster who's clearly trying to revise history. The Colts are known for a historically soft defense, that's a fact.

2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/06/05/ini-0605-colts-defensive-line/370402001/

"When you factor in the time missed by Anderson and Langford last season, this unit is almost completely different from 2016. And that’s a good thing given last season's soft defensive front."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/10/17/colts-defense-chokes-away-crunch-time/92234584/

“We were just playing a little too soft, a little too cautious maybe,” linebacker Josh McNary admitted.

http://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/01/09/indianapolis-colts-positions-fill-2017-draft/

"

Inside linebacker

This has been a position of weakness throughout the past five years and it became clear very quickly that the young players the team currently has are either limited, projects, or not starting quality (or all three). They need to find linebackers who have coverage ability and can tackle.

The soft middle of the Colts defense has been an issue for far too long and getting D’Qwell Jackson back next season really doesn’t help with these issues."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000777243/article/grigson-failed-luck-allowed-colts-roster-to-grow-stale

"While Luck's offense was strong enough to carry the Colts into the postseason in 2013 and 2014, any hopes of a Super Bowl appearance faded as the soft, talent-poor defense surrendered over 300 yards and seven touchdowns to Patriots bruiser LeGarrette Blount in back-to-back, season-ending lopsided losses."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706839-nfl-draft-grades-2017-final-results-and-team-by-team-letter-chart

"Indianapolis earned its label as a soft defense, and the unit logged the second-fewest interceptions during the previous campaign."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/02/14/colts-position-review-clayton-geathers-move/97906246/

"The Colts allowed the sixth-most passing yards, the eighth-most rushing yards and the third-most points in football last fall. All phases of the defense contributed. The defensive line was mediocre at best, the secondary soft."

http://inkonindy.com/2016/10/18/indianapolis-colts-vs-tennessee-titans-nfl-week-7-preview/

"The Colts have been called “soft” by media members, head coach Chuck Pagano thinks they lack a “killer instinct,” and everyone is clamoring for front office people to lose their jobs.

Like I said. I don't know how you got the feeling that Pagano isn't known for running a soft team when even his own players acknowledge it. Also, I don't particularly care for my first impression on a poster who's clearly trying to revise history. The Colts are known for a historically soft defense, that's a fact.

No.     You've switcheed the argument.     The concept of playing soft was NOT about style of play,  it was about being tough minded.     That was the basic theme that I thought we were discussing.

And if we're talking about playing osft because of talent,  well then it goes to my argument doesn't it?    That we weren't a very talent team. 

We were also talking about over a span of Pagano's 5 years.    And you show me links from last year.    
Again,  you try to switch the argument.       I'm not even sure you're aware of what you're doing.

But as I encouraged you to do in the last post,  we can both work really, really hard to ignore each other.

I clearly rub you the wrong way.     So put me on your ignore list.    And I'll do my best to ignore you as well.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

No.     You've switcheed the argument.     The concept of playing soft was NOT about style of play,  it was about being tough minded.     That was the basic theme that I thought we were discussing.

And if we're talking about playing osft because of talent,  well then it goes to my argument doesn't it?    That we weren't a very talent team. 

We were also talking about over a span of Pagano's 5 years.    And you show me links from last year.    
Again,  you try to switch the argument.       I'm not even sure you're aware of what you're doing.

But as I encouraged you to do in the last post,  we can both work really, really hard to ignore each other.

I clearly rub you the wrong way.     So put me on your ignore list.    And I'll do my best to ignore you as well.

I never switched the argument. You literally just told me to find articles of Pagano having rep for teams playing soft, never said anything about a certain time span. So, there it is. Pagano is supposed to be a defensive coach right? How is it that his own players admit to playing soft and the media calling the Colts defense soft? Also, how can you tell me what your own concept of soft" is, when literally everyone else is calling the Colts soft? That's like you telling me the sky isn't blue because you have a different definition of blue lmao. Of course talent is going to be a factor but you also have to get the most out of your players, which Pagano hasn't. Why? Because the team was soft

In 2017, Pagano is known for running a soft Colts team and I posted the links to prove that.  You can ignore me if you want, you'll still be wrong breh.

On June 16, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Most of us here have higher expectations than you around here. Again 11-5 means nothing when we can't beat the top 3 teams in the playoffs in the AFC... We want more out of this team for the limited time we have Andrew Luck. You can be positive all you want about this, just prepare to be disappointed as well, and don't wonder why we start off slow most games when Pagano is coach, you just got your answer.

I like both CC1 & Jared. Therefore, I'm not gonna drive a wedge between them. I side more closely with Jared though. As I've said before, getting pulverized by the Steelers in the playoffs always irritates me & I don't care how many other teams struggle against them. It's Pagano's job to figure out how to beat them or play respectable against them in stages or 1 quarter at least. That is what head coaches are paid to do right? Compete for SBs? Just checking. Chuck needs to talk less & deliver more. We've heard all his coach speak before. Show us that you can prepare our defense to hang with the black & gold. I'm not demanding a win just close the gap of humiliation Chuck. I'm begging you. Put up or get replaced. 

I would rather lose to every team, but the Steelers because that would show me that we can finally beat a SB contender in the Pagano era. No, I'm not kidding either.

Ok, I thought this one was a long discussion about training camp!  

IMO, the way the Colts play is not soft (at least by my definition of the word).  I'm not sure how you argue the meaning of such a subjective term anyway.  They always played hard but just didn't have enough talent.  That and they seem very unfocused at times, which the coaches have to share the blame for.  But I can't recall any game where I thought they quit.  Now that would be soft by my definition.