Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

12 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I hope Collison and GR3 are both ready to go by March 2nd. We play the Hawks twice and the Mavericks right after the break who I think we can beat without those two.

After that we play the Bucks twice and the Wizards in the next 3 and those will be crucial in this playoff race. I'd love to be at full strength.

Those first 3 games are big.....

...and I think you're right....the game s against Washington and Milwaukee could go either way.

We have played so well so far.....and this week of rest is big for guys like Thad Young and Lance and Bogdonavic who have played so any minutes.

But we have the toughest schedule in the NBA after the all-star break...

If we make the playoffs we will have earned it

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and by the way is everybody sure Golden State will win the Western Conference.

They just fell behind Houston in the standings.

GSW needs the all-star break more than anybody else

The Rockets can beat them.

Harden and Paul are a dangerous combination and that Capela is a bit of a monster and he's bloody athletic.

If they stay first and get the Warriors in a home series, they could eliminate them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

The Rockets can beat them.

Harden and Paul are a dangerous combination and that Capela is a bit of a monster and he's bloody athletic.

If they stay first and get the Warriors in a home series, they could eliminate them.

I agree....  Draymond cant intimidate Capela...and either Harden or Paul is always on the floor..

....Steph is great but he cant play all 48

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I agree....  Draymond cant intimidate Capela...and either Harden or Paul is always on the floor..

....Steph is great but he cant play all 48

I also think the Rockets have a better bench.

Guys like Gordon, Tucker, Nene and I think they just got Joe Johnson.

Warriors have Iggy and a bunch of guys who just throw up 3 pointers like Nick Young.

They're the best 2 sides in the league by a bit so it will make for a good conference final.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You know I'm pretty optimistic, right?

But look at the remainder of our schedule and tell me which games you think we'll win.

6 of the last 8 on the road...  2 4-game road trips still to go....

2 vs. Golden State....2 vs. Toronto....2 vs. Washington...at Boston...at Denver.

13-11 is very, very optimistic

13-11 is very optimistic but 11-13 is very doable which would still put us 44-38. Realistically we have a team that is Good, so no matter the competition we shouldn't be below .500 in a 24 game stretch. We do play some Bad teams as well over the next 24 like the Mavs and Hawks. Nobody thought we would win at Boston the other night and look at what happen. It should be interesting to see where we finish. Health is a huge key too, Oladipo has to stay healthy.

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

we do not match up with Toronto at all and Toronto is the top seed

Idk, we always play Toronto tough...Valanciounas kills us though though of course...Nobody in the east scares me except Detroit..Not saying we will beat Cleveland, Toronto, or Boston but they will be in a fight 6 or 7 game series..Toronto chokes DeRozen isn't clutch, Dipo is at his best in the clutch..

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think its much more likely that LeBron stays in Cleveland..and then everyone would say except Hood who will be a free agent.  LBJ isn't going to the lakers to get involved with the 'Ball' situation.

And the players they just put around him  in Cleveland are good offesively and defensively. Why would he leave now

Dan Glibert is likely going to throw Lebron out like Pat Riley did in Miami. It's no hidden secret that Glibert and Lebron dislike each other. Lebron is a pain in the butt to work with, no matter how good he is. The Cavs got 4 guys they can build on going into next year along with Brooklyn's 1st rounder. They aren't in a bad position to move on from Lebron. Besides, yes they got better, but I still don't believe it's enough for them to beat GS.

47 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Dan Glibert is likely going to throw Lebron out like Pat Riley did in Miami. It's no hidden secret that Glibert and Lebron dislike each other. Lebron is a pain in the butt to work with, no matter how good he is. The Cavs got 4 guys they can build on going into next year along with Brooklyn's 1st rounder. They aren't in a bad position to move on from Lebron. Besides, yes they got better, but I still don't believe it's enough for them to beat GS.

I just read that if the Cavs re-sign LeBron and Rodney Hood, they can expect to pay a luxury tax of $150 mil.  That's absurd

37 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I just read that if the Cavs re-sign LeBron and Rodney Hood, they can expect to pay a luxury tax of $150 mil.  That's absurd

And we have an owner who won't go 1$ over the cap and likes to stay under it and cut vets on minimum contracts to save money...Hard to compete in that environment, but Pritchard is doing pretty good considering..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

And we have an owner who won't go 1$ over the cap and likes to stay under it and cut vets on minimum contracts to save money...Hard to compete in that environment, but Pritchard is doing pretty good considering..

Most teams are over the cap, and the teams with the top payrolls are the ones competing for championships.  Sad to see that the Pacers have the money to bring in more talent, but Herb Simon is too cheap to do so

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

The Pacers are one of 4 teams not over the cap, and the other three teams aren't even close to a playoff spot

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Most teams are over the cap, and the teams with the top payrolls are the ones competing for championships.  Sad to see that the Pacers have the money to bring in more talent, but Herb Simon is too cheap to do so

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

The Pacers are one of 4 teams not over the cap, and the other three teams aren't even close to a playoff spot

I'd rather wait and go over the cap when we find the right players and not just go over the cap because everyone else does. That's how you avoid paying players like Batum, Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah max dollars.

Even letting Jeff Teague go was a good decision.

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'd rather wait and go over the cap when we find the right players and not just go over the cap because everyone else does. That's how you avoid paying players like Batum, Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah max dollars.

I agree, but I think the Deng and Noah situations, much like the Timofey Mozgov situation, were teams overpaying them.  The Pacers wouldn't/shouldn't shell out that kind of money for those kinds of players.  So I'd say those were more teams overpaying for players than those players deserving big contracts.  I'm all for spending smartly, but I just don't think we can be afraid to spend and go over the cap.  That's what it's going to take in today's NBA, with so many superstar teams.  For example, if all of his medicals check out and he shows the same explosion as before, I'd be all for throwing big money at Cousins.  Or make a big splash to trade for Kawhi Leonard even though that would put us in the tax.  Don't just throw money around, but don't be afraid to go over the cap to attract talent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Bird/Pritchard was willing to give PG, Westbrook money. I'm glad that ship sailed as well..

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree, but I think the Deng and Noah situations, much like the Timofey Mozgov situation, were teams overpaying them.  The Pacers wouldn't/shouldn't shell out that kind of money for those kinds of players.  So I'd say those were more teams overpaying for players than those players deserving big contracts.  I'm all for spending smartly, but I just don't think we can be afraid to spend and go over the cap.  That's what it's going to take in today's NBA, with so many superstar teams.  For example, if all of his medicals check out and he shows the same explosion as before, I'd be all for throwing big money at Cousins.  Or make a big splash to trade for Kawhi Leonard even though that would put us in the tax.  Don't just throw money around, but don't be afraid to go over the cap to attract talent.

I like Cousins, but I like what we have with Sabonis/Turner as well. However, I'd be all over doing what ever it took, with the exception of moving Dipo, to get Kawhi here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The trade machine says we can trade bogy and sabonis for Leonard lmao

Link? No one should be naive enough to believe that's all it would take. Turner would more than likely be the leading candidate, plus another player, and at least 2 years worth of 1st's. We would probably need another team involved as well. Regardless, it's a dream scenario and not one I legitimately see happening. San Antonio is going to do everything they can to mend their relationship with Kawhi, before they go into panic mode.

17 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Bird/Pritchard was willing to give PG, Westbrook money. I'm glad that ship sailed as well..

I'm much happier with Oladipo & Sabonis  they have been awesome & there glad to be here , Paul George was a huge disappointment IMO Oladipo  alone was worth it . 

As a Californian from L.A I do understand why he  he wanted to play there whats not to love but he screwed the team by voicing it publicly hurting his trade value so I was not happy with him but watching Oladipo & how he feels about playing here makes PG leaving the best thing to happen since Myles Turner was drafted this team is fun to watch I love it Go Pacers .

Oh I 'm happy with the team as is I don't like Boogie cousins & I hope he is never a Pacer .

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

Link? No one should be naive enough to believe that's all it would take. Turner would more than likely be the leading candidate, plus another player, and at least 2 years worth of 1st's. We would probably need another team involved as well. Regardless, it's a dream scenario and not one I legitimately see happening. San Antonio is going to do everything they can to mend their relationship with Kawhi, before they go into panic mode.

It's just the nba trade machine on ESPN lol no link I was just messing around with it for fun 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I don't see it happening either btw I also don't want to lose Turner he needs to stay so we can create a big 3 some how 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I don't see it happening either btw I also don't want to lose Turner he needs to stay so we can create a big 3 some how 

For a player like Kawhi? Turner could easily be expendable, especially with having Sabonis. If San Antonio thinks we have enough to make it happen, again excluding Dipo, the front office should be signing that agreement immediately. I like Myles, but if the opportunity presented itself where Turner could be used to land a Superstar player, Turner will be playing elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sorry you feel that way but if the spurs took that is agree 10 times out of 10 

He has missed games due to Ankle, Shoulder, Knee, thigh and quadriceps injuries over the last two seasons.  

I do love his play but that does seem like a lot.

I personally don't want the Pacers to trade Sabonis at all.

30 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

For a player like Kawhi? Turner could easily be expendable, especially with having Sabonis. If San Antonio thinks we have enough to make it happen, again excluding Dipo, the front office should be signing that agreement immediately. I like Myles, but if the opportunity presented itself where Turner could be used to land a Superstar player, Turner will be playing elsewhere.

It won't happen anyway lol but I just hope that if Vic and Turner play great the second half of the season and we show good in the playoffs a superstar may wanna come here and join them 

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He has missed games due to Ankle, Shoulder, Knee, thigh and quadriceps injuries over the last two seasons.  

I do love his play but that does seem like a lot.

I personally don't want the Pacers to trade Sabonis at all.

I get it in the same way with Turner 

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I would not spend max money on a 28 year old coming off of a serious injury when we have two big men with great potential under rookie deals. And all of the unrealistic trades people are throwing around on here are never going to happen.

The Spurs didn't even want to trade Aldridge because they believed they wouldn't get enough for him. They definitely are not trading Kawhi.

I agree that Herb Simon has been cheap in the past, but for the last two years Larry Bird and Kevin Pritchard have said that we are now able to go over the cap in order to build a contender. We haven't gone over the cap because there was nobody worth it that actually wanted to be here.

I don't blame the staff if they don't want to pay Rodney Hood or Tyreke Evans $18 million. I don't think they are worth it. If somebody of a Kevin Durant or LeBron James caliber wants to come here than give them the checkbook. Otherwise, we need to bring the right people in here. Because they pulled off that PG trade, I have complete faith in this staff right now.

18 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I would not spend max money on a 28 year old coming off of a serious injury when we have two big men with great potential under rookie deals. And all of the unrealistic trades people are throwing around on here are never going to happen.

The Spurs didn't even want to trade Aldridge because they believed they wouldn't get enough for him. They definitely are not trading Kawhi.

I agree that Herb Simon has been cheap in the past, but for the last two years Larry Bird and Kevin Pritchard have said that we are now able to go over the cap in order to build a contender. We haven't gone over the cap because there was nobody worth it that actually wanted to be here.

I don't blame the staff if they don't want to pay Rodney Hood or Tyreke Evans $18 million. I don't think they are worth it. If somebody of a Kevin Durant or LeBron James caliber wants to come here than give them the checkbook. Otherwise, we need to bring the right people in here. Because they pulled off that PG trade, I have complete faith in this staff right now.

B-4;

$18 million is the average contract for a starter. I'd pay Rodney Hood that and we will get that chance because he;s a free agent (the Cavs can match any offer).

We are well under the salary cap and, correct me if I'm wrong but we don't have anybody other than Victor and rookies signed beyond next season.

We can pay anyone almost anything we want to.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

You would max PG out but I highly doubt Simon would.

You are right. I'm just saying PG is worth a max deal from anyone.

But I agree....I think our owner (from interviews this week) was offended and a little betrayed that Paul didn't want to stay with us...

.....He wont be asking him to return

The is talk on-line that the Pacers may pursue Orlando's Aaron Gordon after this season.

Gordon wants his first big contract and Orlando isn't hearing that.

6-foot-9 and 220....will be 23 in September.....Averages 18 points and 8 rebounds

Not a great 3-point shooter but good on offense and defense, according to numbers

We have the money (it will take Victor money - 20 mil a year) but has anyone seen a lot of him.

I haven't watched Orlando a lot

Edited by oldunclemark

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

B-4;

$18 million is the average contract for a starter. I'd pay Rodney Hood that and we will get that chance because he;s a free agent (the Cavs can match any offer).

We are well under the salary cap and, correct me if I'm wrong but we don't have anybody other than Victor and rookies signed beyond next season.

We can pay anyone almost anything we want to.

You were just the person who said you wouldn't sign Myles Turner because you don't want him to end up like Nicolas Batum. I think Rodney Hood has a Nicolas Batum ceiling. A guy with decent defense that can shoot threes. Not a potential star. 

Collison, Bogdonovic, and Thad Young are not making 18 million dollars. That is not average for a starter at all.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You were just the person who said you wouldn't sign Myles Turner because you don't want him to end up like Nicolas Batum. I think Rodney Hood has a Nicolas Batum ceiling. A guy with decent defense that can shoot threes. Not a potential star. 

Collison, Bogdonovic, and Thad Young are not making 18 million dollars. That is not average for a starter at all.

Your memory is fading.

I did not say I wouldn't sign Myles Turner.

I said he has to want to stay with us, remember? And we need him to make that decision this summer

If he wants to stay with us...I would sign him to a 4-year deal (I said that before and I Iaid out the terms)  In the neighborhood of $16, $17, $19 and $20 mil.

Average starters (who aren't on rookie deals) on conference contending teams make $15-$20 mil..and we can pay that.

There's no comparison between Hood and Batum.

Rodney Hood is 25 years old and he averages 16 a game....just like he did last year

Nicholas Batum will be 30 this fall..and he averages 12 a game...

Hood is a better player and he could get better.

Myles Turner is already a better player than Batum is now. You know that.

31 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The is talk on-line that the Pacers may pursue Orlando's Aaron Gordon after this season.

Gordon wants his first big contract and Orlando isn't hearing that.

6-foot-9 and 220....will be 23 in September.....Averages 18 points and 8 rebounds

Not a great 3-point shooter but good on offense and defense, according to numbers

We have the money (it will take Victor money - 20 mil a year) but has anyone seen a lot of him.

I haven't watched Orlando a lot

I think Gordon is an ascending talent much in the mold of Oladipo... Would love that signing!! Then just let them grow..In a few years they would be dominant, maybe sooner..